eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Geico
Community Member

PICTURES WON'T UPLOAD

I am having trouble and can't upload pictures on my IMAC 10.4.11 - they seem to download and then the program freezes on the upload page - never goes back with picture to the sell page.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

PICTURES WON'T UPLOAD

in reply to typingmom
I'am having the same exact problem. I hope someone can help.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

PICTURES WON'T UPLOAD

in reply to typingmom
I have the same problem as above 2 people. Yes me too, I can not upload pictures on my iMac 10.4.11- with Safari 3.0.4 ( Since the last week. In November, There was no problem). I tried uproad pictures many times and checked is there any problem in my listing or my computer, but everytime the same results...they seem to download and then the program freezes on the upload page. I think that there is any problem on eBay listing system,,,Please let me know some help about this!
Please use plain text.
Community Member

PICTURES WON'T UPLOAD

in reply to typingmom
Just a note - I have switched over to doing my listing on Firefox on my Imac 10.4.11 and have no problem - so it must be an ebay- Safari problem. I'm not sure who to let know - can someone help with that?
Please use plain text.
Community Member

PICTURES WON'T UPLOAD

in reply to typingmom
Does ebay have a financial interest in Foxfire?
Please use plain text.
Community Member

PICTURES WON'T UPLOAD

in reply to typingmom
I wouldn't know about that - but it is not hard to download Foxfire for free - I am sure ebay will fix the problem eventually - they have to be losing a lot of listings by not being up and running with IMACs....
Please use plain text.
jackeringsandthings
Community Member

PICTURES WON'T UPLOAD

in reply to typingmom
I'm having the same problem uploading pics too.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

PICTURES WON'T UPLOAD

in reply to typingmom
Was looking forward to finally put my knitting on ebay.
No such luck,spend the whole day for nothing trying to upload my pictures on my Gate way.
Did it last year in september last time,
no problems than.
Loading up pictures should be soo easy.
No help from ebay support.
I used basic uploads ,add picture,browse ,then it say's 0 picture loaded,and nothing to down load.
I guess I won't be selling any thing soon.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

PICTURES WON'T UPLOAD

in reply to typingmom
Haveing the same problem with picture uploads. Also can't use my pay-pal link to access my account overview through the ebay site. Anyone know who we can contact about these problems? It's frustrating and I don't see any links that go directly to ebay to report trouble.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

PICTURES WON'T UPLOAD

in reply to typingmom
I am having problems too; using basic, browse for pic to upload then click and it stays at 0% and doesn't work. Funny thing is that I was uploading about 40 pictures last night when this started; worked fine then the last 10 pictures I couldn't upload; so I stopped doing 6 at a time; tried it doing 1 at time, still wouldn't work. Why would it work then just stop for NO REASON!
I rebooted my laptop; tried again no luck; then tried again this morning, still won't upload any pictures. I did NOTHING different; just quit working for no reason whatsoever!!
Looking for answers now so I can get stuff listed tonight.
Thanks for letting me vent!
Please use plain text.
Community Member

PICTURES WON'T UPLOAD

in reply to typingmom
- Just a note - when I had problems, I used Firefox and had no problems - now the last few auctions I have done don't seem to have a problem - maybe it is an intermittent ebay problem - try again later and good luck - like I said before - if you can sign on with Firefox - I had no problems uploading pics while using Firefox as the browser. GOOD LUCK>>>>>>@@@@@!!!!!!!!!!!
Please use plain text.
Community Member

PICTURES WON'T UPLOAD

in reply to typingmom
GREAT..............tell me how to download Firefox and I am willing to do it! I have so much stuff I want to list then this happened; sure has me bummed out!
THANKS
Please use plain text.
Community Member

PICTURES WON'T UPLOAD

in reply to typingmom
Just search Firefox free download - it should be pretty easy from there.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

PICTURES WON'T UPLOAD

in reply to typingmom
Thanks Typingmom.......I just found it pretty easy; installed it and opened ebay with it and still NO LUCK! Just tried to download 6 pics and same thing the little box never moves off 0%.........I am at my wits end!
Thanks for all your help!
Please use plain text.
Community Member

PICTURES WON'T UPLOAD

in reply to typingmom
Typingmom.......what are the chances its an EBAY PROBLEM????
I just tried my husband's desktop computer and still won't upload; therefore I believe ebay has a problem not me!! It happened in middle of me uploading my pics last night and they haven't fixed it yet!
Gonna give it a little time; I got 2/3 of my pics uploaded so I can at least list those tonight.
I have spent way too much time on this problem!! Think I will go to Craigslist to sell my stuff!
Thanks
Please use plain text.
Community Member

PICTURES WON'T UPLOAD

in reply to typingmom
IF you have IE version 6 try this. It worked for me

To enable JavaScript on Internet Explorer 6.0, follow these steps:

1. Click the "Tools" menu at the top of the window, and select "Internet Options."

2. Click the "Security" tab.

3. Click the "Default Level" button.

4. Click "OK."
Please use plain text.
Community Member

PICTURES WON'T UPLOAD

in reply to typingmom
im having the same problem today 1-29-08 .boy that is frustrating~!! i uploaded some but then all of a sudden it stopped!! and is still not up.!! cant sell much stuff dealing with this!!!
Please use plain text.
Community Member

PICTURES WON'T UPLOAD

in reply to typingmom
Since ebay updated their listing display, I am unable to upload my pictures, I've loosened my security, followed all the directions. Received emails from the help desk. Haven't been able to sell for a few months. The basic picture service doesn't work for me. I don't have any problems with anything else? I have Windows XP.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

PICTURES WON'T UPLOAD

in reply to typingmom
jimmyjroc2003: your suggestion worked for me! Uploading pics just fine now after days of banging my forehead on the keyboard. Thanks for the tip!
Please use plain text.
bookplace
Community Member

PICTURES WON'T UPLOAD

in reply to typingmom
After uploading hundreds of photos with no problem, I have been unable to since last night. I upgraded my Firefox to the latest from .8 to .11 and that did nothing. I am using Mac 10.2.8. This morning I talked with Live Chat Image Services and did all the Preference things she suggested (e.g. clear cache etc.) but still nothing. I can't get back on Live Chat. I'm feeling frustrated. Wondering about using another hosting program such as Ink Frog or Vendio but know nothing about them and how they would work.

When I first started selling on eBay in 1999 we had to type in an http. for our pictures, store them ourselves etc. I've marveled at how much easier it has gotten until now.

Any ideas?

Best,

Judi
Please use plain text.