cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OUTRAGED! Vacataion Hold warranted Defect Points - EBAY REFUSES to remove!

I am pleading to eBay for help! 

1. Two cases were opened while I my store was placed on vacation hold. My items were visible, which eBay allows. I also turned on an automatic email response stating delivery would be delayed.
  2. During this time, the buyers preferred not to wait and opened cased directly. They did not emailing me first (so the email auto response was never receilved).
  3. Because I was on vacation, I did not receive their requests and eBay favored their case and it was closed.
  4. When a case is opened, eBay SHOULD take into consideration that my store was on vacation hold and I was unable to respond. I  perfectly understand that they're entitled to a full refund, but I should not be penalized.
  5. I spoke with the appeals department and they REFUSE to remove the defects. Again, EBAY penalizes their sellers. These defects should be removed as I was on vacation and unable to respond to these requests. It's simple.
  6. In an effort to resolve this issue, one of my buyers has sent me an email indicating that she's perfectly content and does not feel I deserve a point . EBay still will NOT remove the defect point.

7. I AM OUTRAGED by the lack of support and eBay's ridged policy. Ebay continually sets up their sellers to fail. Exceptions need to be made!

If anyone can please help remove these defect marks, that woudl be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 71
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

70 REPLIES 70

Yeah. EBay allows it.

Which is stupid of them.

Buyers Don't Read.

Never allow your stock to show if you can't list it promptly. Someone (or two someones) will get testy.

Message 2 of 71
latest reply

To be clear, these were items that were purchased and sent before the store was put on vacation?

Or were they purchased while you were on vacation?

Message 3 of 71
latest reply

Maybe next time you'll be checking your account when you are on "vacation". Or better still, hide your listings so this can't happen.

Message 4 of 71
latest reply

As the other poster stated, most buyers don't read.  They are visual creatures. They see two things, picture of item and price.  

I hope you get it all sorted out.  Maybe try calling again, sometimes you get a good representative that is more understanding and can actually understand what you are saying and not reading off of the ole' script. 

Message 5 of 71
latest reply

@happysunshineshop wrote:

I am pleading to eBay for help! 

1. Two cases were opened while I my store was placed on vacation hold. My items were visible, which eBay allows. I also turned on an automatic email response stating delivery would be delayed.....

You told buyers you would ship late. You shipped late.   eBay penalizes sellers who ship late.

Next time, you must either Hide your listings so you don't have any sales, OR adjust your handling time to reflect your actual expected shipping date.

Message 6 of 71
latest reply

It has never made sense to me.  If your store is on vacation, that should mean that you won't be able to ship until your return date which is stated on the listing. + posted handling time.  And that's kinda what the policy implies.  "If you'd like buyers to see the date you'll be back and ready to ship items, select Display a return date, and enter the date in the box provided."

However, the actual rule is if you leave your listings visible and a buyer can purchase, you are still supposed to honor your listed handling time. 

I'm sorry you found out this way.

Message 7 of 71
latest reply

It is not enough to just put your store on Vacation srettings. if you are unable to ship items during that time, you need to also set it to hide your listings so that people can not view them to buy/bid/offer on your listings while you're away (that way the listings are still there and you do not have to re-list everything when you get back from your trip, just turn your vacation settings off).

Most buyers do not read the entire listing, and most buyers do not follow the proper protocol for resolving issues, so as a seller you need to take every precaution to protect yourself, and that includes knowing how store vacation settings work so you do not get hit with defects.

Message 8 of 71
latest reply

http://pages.ebay.com/co/es-co/help/sell/placing-store-vacation.html

Yes I thought that one plus of having a store is it would be easy to go on vacation without having to cancel all your listings.

But after reading it again, it does not always offer the protection I thought it did.

Even hiding them, you still have to remember to cancel out the auction type listings or let them run their course before you go.

Message 9 of 71
latest reply

I am sorry this happened to you. I took an extended vacation this summer but I logged on every day (sometimes several times a day, being compulsive). I got some sales and fired off emails to the buyers reinforcing that I was unable to ship until a certain date. I offered to refund if they didn't want to wait. Most of them emailed back to say that to say they were fine with waiting. I also adjusted my delivery times (10 days then 7 days, etc). I didn't get the TRS-Plus discount for those sales but I kept TRS.

Message 10 of 71
latest reply

@lintbrush* wrote:

It has never made sense to me.  If your store is on vacation, that should mean that you won't be able to ship until your return date which is stated on the listing. + posted handling time.  And that's kinda what the policy implies.  "If you'd like buyers to see the date you'll be back and ready to ship items, select Display a return date, and enter the date in the box provided."

However, the actual rule is if you leave your listings visible and a buyer can purchase, you are still supposed to honor your listed handling time. 

I'm sorry you found out this way.

The real problem is that, with eBay not only is nothing ever clear, it can be downright counterintuitive. I've never seen another company with which so often things just ain't what they seem or what logic would dictate.

Chaos is NOT an "industry standard".
Message 11 of 71
latest reply

@slippinjimmy wrote:

Maybe next time you'll be checking your account when you are on "vacation". Or better still, hide your listings so this can't happen.

Or maybe next time eBay could make something crystal clear and upfront from the get go so their paying customers actually understand what eBay expects from them for the money they pay.

Aw, pshaw... who am I kidding?

Chaos is NOT an "industry standard".
Message 12 of 71
latest reply

@slippinjimmy wrote:

Sometimes people go on vacation to places that do not have internet access.  Maybe you could bring that up in the next staff meeting.

Message 13 of 71
latest reply

@genghoul wrote:

@slippinjimmy wrote:

Sometimes people go on vacation to places that do not have internet access.  Maybe you could bring that up in the next staff meeting.

Sure they do, I know I do but when that is the situation I don't leave my items available for buyers to purchase.

I actually had a similar situation this Summer, I had an INR claim (100% legit), buyer was very parient and didn't contact me for 4 weeks (cross border transaction). Of course I was away by that time and didn't respond which resulted in an unresolved case defect.

Oh well, entirely my fault, not something I would be whining about or complaining that eBay didn't treat me fairly. Nor would I be trying to shift the blame to the buyer.

Message 14 of 71
latest reply

@emerald40 wrote:

http://pages.ebay.com/co/es-co/help/sell/placing-store-vacation.html

Yes I thought that one plus of having a store is it would be easy to go on vacation without having to cancel all your listings.

But after reading it again, it does not always offer the protection I thought it did.

Even hiding them, you still have to remember to cancel out the auction type listings or let them run their course before you go.

Even if listings are "hidden," any items that are on people's watch lists can be purchased.

If I will be unavailable for several day, I END my listings.  That's the only way to be sure no one will accidentally buy something when I'm not around to pack and mail it.  Smiley Wink

Message 15 of 71
latest reply