eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Gift Cards
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact
  • Shop Gifts

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

Marketing Image for Answer Center Section

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Marketing image for Groups Section

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Marketing Image for Announcements Section
Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Marketing image for eBay Community Policies Section
Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

lindasplace47
Community Member

My pictures won't enlarge on listings from mine or others..anyone having trouble?

shipscript
Community Member

Re: My pictures won't enlarge on listings from mine or others..anyone having trouble?

in reply to lindasplace47

Yours work for me.  I'm using Firefox 23 on XP3.

For Photos, HTML, CSS and template questions, please visit the Tools & Apps forum.
eBay Community Hall of Fame 2007
Free Resources for Better Auctions • Programs • Tools • Templates • Help • Guides
prettywoman-2012
Community Member

Re: My pictures won't enlarge on listings from mine or others..anyone having trouble?

It happened to me, too, about 2 months ago...I didn't change anything, and all of a suddent, the magnifying function is back. Have no idea, sorry, what caused it to disappear, in the first place...or how it got restored. Best of luck

teciibear
Community Member

[ Edited ]

yes my pictures are doing the exact same thing! very frustrating. I just tried to look at one of your listings and it also did not zoom. I did however just update firefox and that is when the problem started I think. I loaded my same page in IE and it worked fine though...

shipscript
Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to teciibear

teciibear wrote:

yes my pictures are doing the exact same thing! very frustrating. I just tried to look at one of your listings and it also did not zoom. I did however just update firefox and that is when the problem started I think. I loaded my same page in IE and it worked fine though...

I looked at my own listings and at the listings of  lindasplace47 with my new Firefox 24 and there IS zoom. I looked at your listing and there is NO zoom, so it is not the browser.

If you have used the Quick Lister or Simple/Easy Lister to upload your photos, eBay is not applying Picture Pack. If you upload your photos with the full-featured listing form, Picture Pack should be selected on the upload screen prior to sending your photos to eBay.

For Photos, HTML, CSS and template questions, please visit the Tools & Apps forum.
Free Resources for Better Auctions • Programs • Tools • Templates • Help • Guides
waggy8
Community Member

I'm having this problem.  No idea why.  Didn't pay attention when uploading, but I really don't think there is anything to pay attention to.  I sell very infrequently, so don't know if problem is on my end, but I can't imagine what it would be.

suredonehq
Community Member

Hello. So, I assume you turned on your Gallery plus. I am very sorry of this is not functioning like what most of us experienced. Now, try to check if on the listing, your gallery plus listing upgrade was removed or not. If it's on and still your item won't enlarge, try using another browser. Sometimes, browsers for some reason stops or delays your photo from enlarging. eBay should have take action on this since we are paying fees for photo display upgrades. 

SureDone
shipscript
Community Member

in reply to waggy8

waggy8 wrote:

I'm having this problem.  No idea why.  Didn't pay attention when uploading, but I really don't think there is anything to pay attention to.  I sell very infrequently, so don't know if problem is on my end, but I can't imagine what it would be.

The problem is with eBay. When you list using the Quick Lister form, supersize and zoom are not being applied to your uploaded photos. This has been a problem for several weeks and eBay is working on it. 

suredonehq wrote:

Hello. So, I assume you turned on your Gallery plus.

This has nothing to do with Gallery Plus (a fee option). As a purveyor of listing products, it would behoove you to pay closer attention to the question at hand to avoid providing erroneous advice that would reflect badly on the service you provide.

Community Member

If using Internet Explorer click tools then check to see if compatibilty view is checked, click to uncheck. I couldn't my pictures in zoom or any other auctions. This solved my problem. Ron

Community Member

in reply to manualmaster101

Finally, this suggestion resolved my issue. Thanks

Community Member

in reply to manualmaster101

Thanks, that worked for me too.

Community Member

in reply to hotrodjack33

Didn't work for me. I tried all sorts of stuff and nothing works. I have three computers and all three do it. One of them runs firefox and it does it too. This all came about out of the blue. I didn't change anything.

butch-gallery
Community Member

in reply to efddd

When I upload pics from my Mac with latest OS Mavericks the pics will not Zoom on any computer.  If I upload the exact same pics from my ancient laptop or my work computer they will Zoom on All computers.  Now I have to do a listing from home and then re-upload the exact same pics from my old lap top to make my picks Zoomable.

Not sure why I can not be Zoomable from my new Mac

Community Member

I am using the Paint program to scan my stamps. After scanning I enlarge to 800 pixels, save & then upload to my ebay listing.   Hope this hepls. 

2666loco
Community Member

When I click on a photo to enlarge it, I am getting a message "internet explorer has quit working" system restore didn't fix it. I this your problem too?
black*max
Community Member

in reply to efddd

efddd wrote:

Didn't work for me. I tried all sorts of stuff and nothing works. I have three computers and all three do it. One of them runs firefox and it does it too. This all came about out of the blue. I didn't change anything.

Your images all zoom for me

photo tig02-1.jpg
-It's One World... One Family - It's time to grow up-
lindasplace47
Community Member

in reply to shipscript
Thanks for the comments every one. I need all the help I can get!