cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mouse over ZOOM feature

All of my photos seem to have lost the Zoom Feature that was automatic until sometime recently.  A potential buyer alerted me to the issue today. 

I noticed in the last day or two, when loading NEW listings, that there is a new message above the section where I load my photos on the SYI page that mentions something like:

NEW! Zoom in to see item details. Just click the selected photo to enlarge.

But I can't figure out how to make it work.  Normally I thought all of my photos automatically had the zoom feature but now none of them done anymore. 

I can still click the photo I want to be the gallery photo but none of my photos have the zoom feature anymore.

Any suggestions for how to resolve this?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Mouse over ZOOM feature

My new ones still have it. Sometimes you have to wait a sec for it to kick in though

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Mouse over ZOOM feature

I think I read on another discussion board that the zoom will no longer function unless all of your photos for that listing are 1600 pixels on one side.

Mine enlarge.

I suppose I will get caught in a vice one of these days and will have to go to humungous photos that are still a pain for many to open.

Until then, I really have no clue why huge means a darn thing when it comes to showing detail.

Detail of what, the wallpaper? In other words, the photo either shows the item or not and how BIG the photo is really isn't a good indicator of quality of the photo.

Not that my photos will win any  prizes, but I am pretty sure they do the job.

Radine

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Mouse over ZOOM feature

The Zoom function will appear on any image that is at least 501 pixels on one dimension. A quick look at the OP's images shows they are all 500 pixels on the longest side and thus no zoom.

About half my listings have images that are between 501 and 1200 pixels, they all have the zoom function, the rest are 1600 pixels and of course they also have the zoom funtion.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Mouse over ZOOM feature

So is this a NEW requirement, the picture size?  Because I haven't changed anything with my photo sizing and I used to have automatic zoom on all of my photos.

The thought of having to edit every single photo for every single listing is making me want to find one of my time released Xanax.....fast....

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Mouse over ZOOM feature

It's not the size of the pictures it's an eBay glitch Look at the chat boards there are hundreds of people with the same problem And yes Dave old check the size of their pictures and has nothing to do with it
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Mouse over ZOOM feature

You are responding to a thread from 2016.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply