cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maintain number of items sold when relisting

Hello, discussion boards!

I recently started selling a bit more actively on my account, using the funds I received to provide for more items to sell. However, when listing my items, I always list the quantity available as however many I have at that specific time. This means that when I sell out of items and it is time to purchase more products to stock, I have to relist the item, as the original listing ends when its quantity hits zero.

This, of course, is perfectly fine for my purposes, but I would love if there was a way to maintain the number of items sold that a potential buyer sees when they click on my listing. As is, every time I relist, this number goes back to zero, which may potentially deter customers from purchasing the product.

My purpose in making this thread is simply to ask whether their is a way to sell so that the number of items sold, as seen by buyers browsing the site, does not reset each time I run out of stock of a given item.

If anyone has any suggestions, or needs any clarification on what I am asking for, please let me know!

Thanks.

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@robgolfhou wrote:

...  the original listing ends when its quantity hits zero... I would love if there was a way to maintain the number of items sold that a potential buyer sees when they click on my listing.....

Good news!  A few months ago, ebay introduced (very quietly)  a site preferences option called "Out of stock" that will hide your listings, instead of ending them, when the available quantity hits zero, so that when you restock and add an available quantity, the same listing goes live, reflecting the number of accumulated Sold items.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/delivery.html

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

yes good question, I have sold hundreds of one item, and have to start from scratch, I guess GTC probably may be part of question not

sure.

I guess one solution is not to run out of stock, but for me the wholesale price changes often.

Message 2 of 20
latest reply

@robgolfhou wrote:

...  the original listing ends when its quantity hits zero... I would love if there was a way to maintain the number of items sold that a potential buyer sees when they click on my listing.....

Good news!  A few months ago, ebay introduced (very quietly)  a site preferences option called "Out of stock" that will hide your listings, instead of ending them, when the available quantity hits zero, so that when you restock and add an available quantity, the same listing goes live, reflecting the number of accumulated Sold items.

Message 3 of 20
latest reply

Thanks so much for the help with this! This is exactly what I was looking for.
Message 4 of 20
latest reply

@david*42 wrote:

@robgolfhou wrote:

link seems a bit complicated, but will study it

Message 5 of 20
latest reply

For the graphically-oriented:

Screen Shot 2015-11-16 at 8.55.48 PM.png

Message 6 of 20
latest reply

Wow, I wish this worked for Buy It Now listings with variations.
When one variation sells out, and you relist, ebay bumps the sold-out item back to it's original quantity.
Message 7 of 20
latest reply

Just had about 145 listings ended because I didn t have upc ...a lot of my top selling items have a high amount of sold history..I did CLIck yes to keep listings active when out of stock but I do think that in this case they won't be saved as it was unable to actually relist itself due to UPC therefore it was just ended......does anyone have any input or advice for this situation??????

Message 8 of 20
latest reply

correct the UPC problem before anything is ended? 

Message 9 of 20
latest reply

@seasons-plus

This is a two year old thread...

And lack of UPC is not going to bounce your listings out.

Message 10 of 20
latest reply

My listings did end because even though I do have them in good till cancelled they were unable to renew or relist because of lack of upc's...I also have them listed as keep hidden when out of stock but the listings actually ended....145 are under my unsold category and that's how I actually noticed....so now I'm waiting for eBay to get back to me because I was never warned of this change....any feedback for this situation.???

Message 11 of 20
latest reply

@seasons-plusIt's MORE likely they were bounced out due to having active content. Have you checked that aspect?

You say they have a history of sold items, but have they sold recently? Perhaps you were caught up in the ending of what eBay now calls "stale" listings.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 12 of 20
latest reply

No absolutely not stale..I have been selling them right up to the time they ended by eBay....also I don't have any active content whatsoever...I just want to be able to relist my items without losing my sold history....they definitely we're ended due to not having up...you can't renew or relist or anything like that without upc..at least in some categories...I do sell seasonal items and home n garden is the best category for my items....this new upc mandatory thing just started late June early July....like I said my items were selling right up to 4th of July then boom...as I was speaking to eBay 7 more listings ended in front of my eyes....due to the items being due to relist automatically under good till cancelled...the new mandatory upc deal would not allow items to relist automatically and ended then instead....

Message 13 of 20
latest reply

I really appreciate your post. I hope this works for me.  I keep losing old history, I dont want to lose item sold on the listings.

So, I just check the box your suggested. Is that all I have to do >?

Thank you !

Message 14 of 20
latest reply

In addition to adding the "Out of stock" option you must choose the "Good until cnceled' option for your listing duration.

Message 15 of 20
latest reply