eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop now
Community Member

Loss of Top Rated Seller Rating

All of our items are shipped within 24 Hrs of receiving payment. Heavier Media Shipments which can only be mailed "Media Mail" or "Priority Mail". 99% of the time the buyer chooses the slower "Media Mail" rate, and then leaves lower ratings under shipment time, even though in most cases, the item was shipped the same day!
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Re: Loss of Top Rated Seller Rating

in reply to movie_classics
All of our items are shipped within 24 Hrs of receiving payment. Heavier Media Shipments which can only be mailed "Media Mail" or "Priority Mail". 99% of the time the buyer chooses the slower "Media Mail" rate, and then leaves lower ratings under shipment time, even though in most cases, the item was shipped the same day!

I lost my Top Rated Seller discount because of shipping charges. This is totally unfair because I charge the actual shipping cost to ship one item, and all additional items ship absolutely free. I received three low DSL's, and everyone who gave me the low DSL's paid less to ship their items than what my actual cost was to ship. Ebay wants us to offer free shipping, but if I add the cost to ship my items to the cost of the item, buyers will either not buy from me, or they will post negative feedback because my prices are higher than everybody else. Do any other sellers have this issue?
Please use plain text.
Community Member

My problem, exactly!!
Please use plain text.
Community Member

I am on the verge of losing my top-rated seller status on my other account. Many times, buyers who send 'best offers' tend to be the most difficult, impatient, and hard to please ones. I'm thinking about removing that option altogether.

Do any of you receive these problems?
Please use plain text.
Community Member

I receive low DSRs for shipping cost when I offer free shipping. I receive low DSRs for shipping time when I ship all items within 12 hours and the customer knows what service is being used. I will not be able to become a Top Rated Seller due to 3 bad DSRs. That's a bit rough.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Yes its so frustrating how the BUYER almost always wins when we as sellers are running honest businesses... So many buyers out there who are just out there to bring others down and be difficult.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

I lost my Top Rated Seller discount because of shipping charges. This is totally unfair because I charge the actual shipping cost to ship one item, and all additional items ship absolutely free. I received three low DSL's, and everyone who gave me the low DSL's paid less to ship their items than what my actual cost was to ship. Ebay wants us to offer free shipping, but if I add the cost to ship my items to the cost of the item, buyers will either not buy from me, or they will post negative feedback because my prices are higher than everybody else. Do any other sellers have this issue?

I was a top seller and for some odd reasons degraded to Above Standard because two buyers decided to enter a low DSL on the shipping. Most of my items ship free and some other have a minimum shipping charge. I give discounts and combine shipping on multiple. The low DSL received were totally unfair since customer received a considerable discount on the S&H but no matter what unfairly got maybe 1 or 2 stars from two in 30 days. I think EBAY do not give a damn in changing this since they think above standard is good and their discounts on FVF is 15% if you are a Top seller and surely they like to charge us and keep the extra 15%. I think the DSL on shipping should me removed or amended as such that buyer cannot rate a low DSL if S&H is Free, the actual cost of the shipping charged, and/or a reasonable Handling Charge which normally does not even cover insurance for these that uses outside companies other than carrier used to insure the parcels. Again this a broad area that need to be revised by ebay. What is doing as we speak is a big disservice to loyal sellers that makes e-bay rich. Without sellers their would be not became this big. That is my 10 cents. EBAY time for you to consider modify this simply stupid unfair policy you have in effect now.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

I lost my Top Rated Seller due to 7 open dispute in one year.
Two items were lots of LCD's and two customer bought them then decided they did not need five LCD's- Auction was SOLD AS IS- but I was forced to refund.
Three auctions were listed correctly- customer bought wrong item- I was forced to refund
Other two were damaged in shipping and I refunded.
But all seven disputes opened and I resolved with refunds-
but know I lose my rating.
Ebay does not back Sellers- and surely doesn't look at how a dispute is resolved before they rate you- they just count the number
I have 4.9% rating and now from negatives and low selling I am at 99% feedback. Doesn't seem worth fighting with customer- just give them there money back- there going to get it anyway and hurt your rating
Please use plain text.
stringsnstuff_1
Community Member

Wait until the new rules take affect and you are "globally" rated. Most everyone is going to lose the TRS. This is so eBay can make more money by not giving dicounts. Plus they are going to apply their after sale rate to shipping. Might as well as apply the shipping cost to the item price and give free shipping so buyers can't rate the shipping.

:smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Community Member

I lost my top rated seller rating because two people did not read the instructions in the listing. I keep my listings simple so there is no misunderstandings. These people opened a case and the cases were resolved with them taking the blame, but because the case was "OPENED" I lost the discount. You shouldn't be punished for working with people to resolve issues.
Please use plain text.
stringsnstuff_1
Community Member

Did you ever think since you have no way of knowing WHO gave you the low DSR that maybe it was eBay itself so as to dsicontinue your discount? A seller should be able to determine who gave him the low DSR.

:smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Ebay is cheating you !! not the buyer.... trust me on this !!:^O
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Ebay is like Wall Street = Cheat the poor and feed the rich. Bloody Bastard
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Sell everything off... Quitting Ebay !!
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Who cares about being top rated ? Better to take the money.. Heck care about Top Rated !
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Just the % ebay expects us to get to be top rated is unrealistic. I beleave it have been ebays plan all along to eliminate the power seller discount because over a whole most can never acheive TOP RATED do to the satistical fact that there Will Always Be That One customer That is NEVER HAPPY UNLESS ITS FREE.

This way ebay can once again elimited Giving seller discounts and Keep their share holders Happy. Then preach to us that the sellers come first BS. EBAYS BOTTOM LINE COMES FIRST. just like the rest of us. And dont let me get started on VERO Clients Abusing the system to keep their market, their market.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Hi I am kind of new to all of this... However, this is very very scary to me. I am at powerseller level gold... And everyday I ship an item, I wonder if this customer is the one who will take away my status, or stop me from getting to Top Rated Seller.

Maybe, I should just quit this business awhile I am a head ?????

I hope all works out for you ... Thanks & Take Care !!!!
Please use plain text.
stringsnstuff_1
Community Member

Who cares about being top rated ? Better to take the money.. Heck care about Top Rated !

The discount and search position.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

I have just had the same problem with shipping dsr's and was just reduced from a Premium to a Basic store. The notice was sent yesterday and very quickly I found that I had to pay more for listing.

I called Customer Service last night and the rep assured me she had talked to the Supervisor and they would send an appeal on about the situation.

When I called customer service today, a Supervisor told me that no appeal had been sent so I have to wait for 72 hours to find out the result.

At the end of March 2011. I was charged the full fee for a Premium store
and on the 18th I was reduced to the lesser store but eBay kept the money.

The upshot is that Customer Service cannot help sellers resolve anything just BS. I started with eBay in 1999, I keep the shipping costs at $1.00 over cost and continue to lose money on shipping materials, plus 10% final value fees to eBay.

I have 4 four dsr's about shipping charges over 10 years. Two were in January when shipping rates went up and I two over the previous year including one who wanted the items shipped Parcel Post at Christmas time and as with all of our items we shipped within 24 hours after receiving payment.

Oh, by the way, I just learned that eBay has a reference number that is set up during your call and you have to know to ask for the number so you can follow up on Customer Service.[pre][/pre]
Please use plain text.
Community Member

I agree. I was told that the DSRs are the buyers OPINION. I got a low rating on shipping time. Yes - the buyer knew the item was being shipped USPS First Class. Even though we shipped within 24 hours, we got dinged because the buyer could do it! I called the support group and was told that they could not do anything about it because it was the buyer's opinion. I asked if I had personally delivered the item that next day, could the buyer still give a low shipping time rating and was told YES.

About the new fee structure - It hurts sellers if they add it into the price because it takes away the sellers' ability to give combined shipping discounts. The result is losing sales. The buyer also loses because they are now paying more for the items they purchase when they purchase multiple items.

What about those of us who sell internationally?? The shipping is clearly more than domestic rates. Now eBay wants a piece of that too! Another roadblock for sellers and another penalty for the buyers because the sellers will have to inflate the shipping rate to cover the fees. And then the sellers get hit with low DSRs for shipping rates, AGAIN.
Please use plain text.