cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Items Never Sold, Still Being Charged

I listed maybe 5 or 6 items (and relisted maybe 3 times), all of which never sold. Each time I listed the fees were always $0.00 + a final value fee after items were sold (other than the first few listed the first time, which was still $3 or under). I just received an invoice stating that "New Fees" were $44 + $16 this month.

Why am I being charged if my items never sold? 

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

You've used reserves on some listings and they're an upgrade and not free (whether the items sells or not)

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

OP, do not waste money on reserves.

Just list as a minimum you are willing to accept.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

@thebubbletrouble Here is some information on reserve fees:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/fees.html#optional

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

@thebubbletrouble wrote:

I just received an invoice stating that "New Fees" were $44 + $16 this month.

Why am I being charged if my items never sold? 

If you view your invoice detail, you will see a line item for each individual charge. It will tell you the date, the reason for the charge and the item it applied. 

We cannot tell why you were charged fees ...  but you can certainly tell us why you were charged fees. We'd love to get an update about exactly what those mystery charges were after you examine your invoice. 

There are definitely some types of eBay fees that have nothing to do with selling an item. 

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Lucky, It's funny how often posters come here upset about unknown charges on their account... and every time we ask, what does your invoice say, they tell us exactly what the charges for.

Guess it doesn't occur to most people that in order to see what they're being charged for they need to look at the invoice?

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Sorry you learned about the costs of various listing options over and above the basic FREE listings in this way.  Yup.  When you choose a lot of those expensive upgrades to add onto your basic free listing, those monthly statements can really be a shock and feel real bad if you didn't get many sales after opting for those expensive upgrades!

Now you know to just set your starting price at what you'll take as the minimum for your item, and if it sells.. great!  And if it doesn't, it hasn't cost you anything and you can turn around and run the auction again... again for free.

Good luck to you.  It's a learning process.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

All it says is "Advanced Upgrade Fees $44", there is no other information and the total due of $16 has no explanation either. If there were any upgrades I wasn't  aware of, why would the total of each listing be $0.00?

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

@thebubbletrouble wrote:

All it says is "Advanced Upgrade Fees $44", there is no other information and the total due of $16 has no explanation either. If there were any upgrades I wasn't  aware of, why would the total of each listing be $0.00?

@thebubbletrouble - You're only looking at the top-line summary numbers on your invoice.  You need to drill down and look at the detailed view.

Try this link:  http://cgi3.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewAccountActivity

Click on the "Fees" tab and you should be able to see a detailed accounting why/for what you were charged.

HTH

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Thank you! I couldn't see that on mobile
Message 10 of 11
latest reply

@thebubbletrouble wrote:
Thank you! I couldn't see that on mobile

@thebubbletrouble - You're welcome.  Hopefully you'll be able to see the information you seek.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply