cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is anyone else having trouble responding to messages on Ebay?

For the last two weeks, everytime I reply to a message that I receive on Ebay, it crashes before I can send the message. Then I have to redo the whole thing. I have emptied the cache. I have rebooted the computer, but it keeps doing this. I do not have this problem anywhere else, so I do not know if Ebay just does not like my computer or it is just Ebay's problem. As I said it is not happening anywhere else. It does not happen on in my regular email. It does not happen here on the message boards, but it happens at least once a day on Ebay itself.

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@graciejoy wrote:

For the last two weeks, everytime I reply to a message that I receive on Ebay, it crashes before I can send the message. Then I have to redo the whole thing. I have emptied the cache. I have rebooted the computer, but it keeps doing this. I do not have this problem anywhere else, so I do not know if Ebay just does not like my computer or it is just Ebay's problem. As I said it is not happening anywhere else. It does not happen on in my regular email. It does not happen here on the message boards, but it happens at least once a day on Ebay itself.

Yes graciejoy, I complained of the same thing here during the past week but no one else chimed in so not sure how widespread the problem is.

I resorted to typing my response in a Word file and then copying/pasting it over the the eBay message template as I was sick and tired of having to type the message in several times because it kept booting me out which of course meant I lost everything.  Smiley Mad

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

@graciejoy wrote:

Yes graciejoy, I complained of the same thing here during the past week but no one else chimed in so not sure how widespread the problem is.

I resorted to typing my response in a Word file and then copying/pasting it over the the eBay message template as I was sick and tired of having to type the message in several times because it kept booting me out which of course meant I lost everything.  Smiley Mad

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

@livadia wrote:

@graciejoy wrote:

At least you have a good work around. I was basically having to give an answer that was like 5 words long at most. LOL And everyone knows how long winded I am, so you know that was killing me. Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

YES!!! I just composed a response to another thread & its not there! I turned to Hubby & said "huh-I must have hit Cancel by mistake"!

Now I know what really happened!

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

I can't even reply to a message.......helppppppp

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Like everything else eBay does, they've made something simple very complicated by adding clicks that are counterintuitive without telling anyone about it.

If you get no box when you go to answer a PM, hit the "rich text" button that doesn't look like a button and it will open up.

I honestly think eBay has absolutely no idea how their own programming works. The rest of the internet gets simpler and more intuitive all the time, while eBay seems he!! bent on going in the exact opposite direction.

EBAY!!! THE 20TH CENTURY HAS BEEN OVER FOR ALMOST 17 YEARS NOW!!!  Dang!!!  :facepalm:

Chaos is NOT an "industry standard".
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

If you get no box when you go to answer a PM, hit the "rich text" button that doesn't look like a button and it will open up.

I do not see anything marked "rich text". Where exactly, and on which page, will I find it.

I suspect that all of my potential buyers (and everyone else's also) thinks that we are just ignoring them.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

I can't find a rich text either. However, twice today I had ?? from buyers and couldn't answer because there was no box for me to type in. When I tried using Chrome, the boxes opened up and I was able to answer.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

@sokpop wrote:

I can't find a rich text either. However, twice today I had ?? from buyers and couldn't answer because there was no box for me to type in. When I tried using Chrome, the boxes opened up and I was able to answer.

Thanks for the heads up. I don't have Chrome but I do have Firefox so I tried them and it worked just fine.

Begs the question as to whether it is a compatibility issue with IE although I've never had the problem until just a couple of days ago. eBay must have changed their programming is the only thing I can think of. Hope they fix it.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

i have the same problem, 

Everytime I reply to a message that I receive on Ebay, i reply , click sent and take massage that my email will sent to customer. But when i check if the email sent , i don't see it.

can anyone please help me?

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

I'm not having that problem, but I am having an issue with EXTREME delays in messages. I posted on here last night about an "Unanswered Question" that wasn't in my inbox -- it took ten hours to show up. I've just responded to it, and my response isn't in my Sent folder yet. What a mess!

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

I find I cannot respond to messages when I hit reply. The space to reply is not there. . I have to go back to original contact seller and then send message.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply