cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I don't want to deal with this buyer - when is nonpayment applied

The buyer won an auction.  Sent me many strange emails asking about what they had won, basically, things in the auction.  I answered again.  Then I have automatic non payment set up, so it goes off, and they email me again saying they will pay me on the 20th. The non payment says if they don't pay by the 20th, it's over, etc. 

The auction is for like $7.  I just don't even want to deal with this person.  Is there a way to get out of it?  I tried to cancel the listing and it said I couldn't because it was already in the resolution center for the non payment.  I'm hoping the clock runs out and they just don't pay.  Is it ON the 20th or any given time during the 20th.

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

It's 96 hours from when it opened. So if it opened at noon it will close at 12:01. 

You can call me Tony

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

It's 96 hours from when it opened. So if it opened at noon it will close at 12:01. 

You can call me Tony
Message 2 of 17
latest reply

It will close the unpaid item case exactly 4 days to the hour that it was opened
Message 3 of 17
latest reply

I just started back to selling on here.had a very bad accident and just got better. I fell your dismay. As I am dealing with same. If a buyer wins they should pay or at least have the morals to let you know they do not want it. i am like you with un paid item assitant. Same here I really hope they do not pay. They got a deal and I get the long wait game. E bay should give the seller the rigt to cancel after 3 days of a no pay is is a shame. I truly hopeyou the best. And hope my buyer will pay or let me know smoting. I am not up for the long week or longer wait game. Sorry some just do not respect others like they should. 

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

LOVETT..

Actually  sellers  can   close  out  nonpayer  Disputes  MUCH FASTER  now   than  before.   The   wait  used  to   be  about  14  or  15  days!   Smiley SurprisedSmiley Mad

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

Thank You; looks like after 3 days if someone had bid on something they would pay. But e bay will take all fees if you cancel. If a buyer dose not pay ebay shuold come up with a fee fro that to them. Or Just give the seller his fees back make sure the slow paying buyer can not leave a - feedback for their lack of respect. Have it so the seller dose not o wait a long time to list their item again. 

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

That is so supid to wait 7 days for someone to pay. So the disrespect ties up a sellers item way to long. Them you have to beg for your fees back. I will be billed for items sold that the buyer has not even paid for yet. So not right. 

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

@lovett-1000 wrote:

That is so supid to wait 7 days for someone to pay. So the disrespect ties up a sellers item way to long. Them you have to beg for your fees back. I will be billed for items sold that the buyer has not even paid for yet. So not right. 

It's 6 days total.

48 hours to open (2 days)

96 hours to close (4 days)

No begging for fees ... you get them back automatically when the UID closes.

If you don't ever want to wait for payment, list Fixed Price with Immediate Payment Required

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

It used to be 7 days to file and another 7 to close for a total of 14 days.

We were all very happy when it became 6 days total.

Now we are even more impatient.

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

I have a few like this right now.  What I don't understand is eBay's attitude toward nonpaying bidders.  A bid is a contractual agreement.  If I go to a car auction and continue raising my hand, drive up the price of the car and win, then say, "Oh, I was just having fun bidding, I'm not going to pay for it."  I would be locked up and sued!  Why isn't eBay holding these bidders responsible?  I resold one item at half the price of the original unpaid auction.  That's not right or fair.  I'll get down from my soapbox now.

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

@pezazz

" Why isn't eBay holding these bidders responsible?"

eBay provides excellent tools to deal with non paying buyers.

The UPI, the Blocked Bidder List & the ability to set your Account Preferences to block all those with 2 or more unpaid item strikes in a 12 month period.

Are you using these tools?

eBay also gives buyers the opportunity to contact  them & will remove those ridiculous FALSE POSITIVES  that you left  for a non payer(s).

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

@lovett-1000 wrote:

That is so supid to wait 7 days for someone to pay. 

I give buyers four weeks to pay, and I have not had an unpaid item in years.  95$ pay within a day, 4.9% pay within a few days, and once in a blue moon someone takes a week or two. 

With just a slight readjustment  of my expectations to the reality of the venue, I am not encumbered the same feelings of dismay, shame, sorrow, disrepect, unhappiness, impatience, or unfairness that seem to be troubling others on this thread. 

I don't let things I cannot control affect me, and I do not feel "stupid" about it at all. 

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

I am using it now. I didn't realize it was available when I began selling again on eBay. Thanks for letting me know.
Message 13 of 17
latest reply

@luckythewinner wrote:

@lovett-1000 wrote:

That is so supid to wait 7 days for someone to pay. 

I give buyers four weeks to pay, and I have not had an unpaid item in years.  95$ pay within a day, 4.9% pay within a few days, and once in a blue moon someone takes a week or two. 

With just a slight readjustment  of my expectations to the reality of the venue, I am not encumbered the same feelings of dismay, shame, sorrow, disrepect, unhappiness, impatience, or unfairness that seem to be troubling others on this thread. 

I don't let things I cannot control affect me, and I do not feel "stupid" about it at all. 

Honestly though, is there ever really a reason for someone to not pay immediately?

I have NEVER understood this **bleep** about needing 2, 4, 6 days etc to pay.

If people don't have the money for something or a way to put it on a credit card or Paypal credit so they can pay the person they are buying it from immediately, then they don't need to be wasting everyone's time by entering into an agreemnt saying they will.

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

Unfortunately - there are people living paycheck to paycheck and yes - some even have to deposit their checks. My husband gets pd twice a month - the 15th and 30th - the company does not have direct deposit. If an auction I'm bidding on ends on Fri - I know that if I deposit the check on Friday evening - it's not going to reflect in my bank acct until at least Mon - wherein if my Paypal acct is attached to my checking acct - I would make payment.

Especially auctions - people don't sit here 24/7 like the old days waiting for that win. They may check back once or twice a week to see if they won and to pay.

Message 15 of 17
latest reply