eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
Community Member

How do you file complaint against eBay

Ebay is allowing to sell the product by the seller which does not fit the description. I bought hoses for my truck that does not fit and when I complained they said case is closed !! What about false advertisement ? This is the fraud and Ebay knows it. Stop robbing  consumers.

Please use plain text.
rednails243
Community Member

Re: How do you file complaint against eBay

in reply to viren1906

how many days have passed between purchase and your complaint?

I think you have 45 days to file for a SNAD ( significantly not as described)

which would entitle you for a refund.

a better place
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to viren1906

sellers are responsible for what they put in the listings.  ebay is only a venue for the sellers.

YOU are responsible to read the entire description, check out the seller thru feedback, and file a Significantly Not as Described within 45 days if necessary to get a refund of your total original purchase price.  You are also responsible to read and understand the ebay Buyer Protection policy.

if you filed within 45 days, then there must be a reason the case was closed in the sellers favor.  did you not follow thru with proper information and ship the item back in a timely manner?

Please use plain text.
gemgalaxy56
Community Member

in reply to viren1906

If you check a user's agreement, you would find somewhere that Ebay is NOT responsible for a sellers's listing, or the information contained therein. Ebay is just a venue, with specific rules that protect them.

If an item is not as described, Ebay has rules to protect the buyer and/or the seller. If you want to return the item, make sure it hasn't gone beyond 45 days. Even if the seller has no returns, you should file a case if the seller refuses a return. You need to return the item after you file a case, which means, make sure you put delivery confirmation on it. Otherwise, the seller can say he never got the item back.

There are tons of excellent listings, and tons of bad listings. You gotta make sure what you are buying is going to fit your vehicle. You should be asking questions BEFORE you buiy/bid. Some sellers are lacking in the information as to what vehicle it will fit. It is up to you to find that out before hand. I understand how frustrating it can be, but if you had even the smallest doubt, you ask questions first to avoid a situation such as this.

You cannot file a claim against Ebay, since Ebay is not responsible for what is being sold. They do not moniter each and every listing.They have sellers rules but some who break these rules are not caught, and those who are caught, are turned in by other Ebayers.

Caveat Emptor

Please use plain text.
ausgeoff1946
Community Member

in reply to viren1906

viren1906 wrote:

Ebay is allowing to sell the product by the seller which does not fit the description.....  This is the fraud and Ebay knows it. Stop robbing  consumers.

You have no legitimate complaint against eBay, and to accuse them of fraud is puerile (and legally rash).

Your only complaint is with the seller.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to viren1906
Ebay still continue to profit from fradult claim by the seller and supporting them by selling their products therefore I do have legitimate complaint..
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to viren1906

viren1906 wrote:
Ebay still continue to profit from fradult claim by the seller and supporting them by selling their products therefore I do have legitimate complaint..

EBay doesn't sell anyone's products. But, if you feel you have a legitimate complaint, go for it.

Please use plain text.
gemgalaxy56
Community Member

in reply to viren1906

Ebay is a website that sellers pay fees to sell. They have user agreements that state specifically, that Ebay is not responsible for the listing, the seller is. Where ON ANY LISTING does it say the sellers name is Ebay, and not JOe Bloe or Mary sue's purses, etc. You are barking up the wrong tree.

Go ahead and hire a lawyer. Do you have 10K for the retainer? This is probably what you would have to pay, if a lawyer would take the case. They might not even return your phone call.

Please use plain text.
fshardy
Community Member

in reply to viren1906

viren1906 wrote:

Fine.  Then tell them you want to come to Utah for an arbitration hearing, as you've agreed to do.

Please use plain text.
fossil_diver
Community Member

in reply to fshardy

There are millions of sellers listings on ebay at any given moment. How exactly do you think ebay is supposed to police all those listings? It's up to the buyers to follow the buyer protection plan if something goes wrong and to file appropriate feedback and DSR's If the seller gets enough bad ratings they will automatically be suspended from selling. If you still don't feel negative feedback and low DSR's are enough to punish the seller you can report them and/or their listing to ebay.

You need to be proactive and do your own policing on ebay unless you know how to contact this guy......

1ebay_police.jpg

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to viren1906

while you are at it, might as well sue all newspapers that have ads in them and might as well go after all magazine publishers too. Sooner or later, you will figure out they all are a venue only and not responsible for what contents are in the ads or listings. don't forget to sue the shopping networks either because 80% of the products they advertise don't work like they do on tv.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to gemgalaxy56

Is Ebay is paying you  ? ?  To be a puppet ?

Please use plain text.
funboy1227
Community Member

in reply to viren1906

viren1906 wrote:

Is Ebay is paying you  ? ?  To be a puppet ?

Bahahahahahahaaha!  

Didn't take long for this OP to accuse someone of being paid to be an Ebay puppet.....   

I've been told that money cannot buy happiness.... But I would like the opportunity to test that theory.
Please use plain text.
funboy1227
Community Member

in reply to funboy1227

Well, maybe not....  as this thread is 4 months old.....

I've been told that money cannot buy happiness.... But I would like the opportunity to test that theory.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to funboy1227
Please use plain text.
charleyroberts
Community Member

in reply to takikawa4

they also made my BBL ...  :smileywink:

______
Make your success happen.... not complain about your lack of success... it IS that easy
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to viren1906

Ebay Buyer Protection is sadly a joke.   I believe they state "you get your item sucessfully delivered or your money back"  - BS!  I bought an item - PAID IN FULL, It arrived POSTAGE DUE.   I asked seller what should I do.   While I waited for a response from seller - the Post Office returned item to seller. I filed a complaint - was denied.  How can this be?  How did I break this contract?  I appeal and am denied again. I paid - I did NOT get my item - I did not get my money back"    Again where's the buyer protection?   Big Fat JOKE. So those who think Buyer Protection actually works - I here to tell you - no way - not even close.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to smokinrambler

smokinrambler wrote:

Ebay Buyer Protection is sadly a joke.   I believe they state "you get your item sucessfully delivered or your money back"  - BS!  I bought an item - PAID IN FULL, It arrived POSTAGE DUE.   I asked seller what should I do.   While I waited for a response from seller - the Post Office returned item to seller. I filed a complaint - was denied.  How can this be?  How did I break this contract?  I appeal and am denied again. I paid - I did NOT get my item - I did not get my money back"    Again where's the buyer protection?   Big Fat JOKE. So those who think Buyer Protection actually works - I here to tell you - no way - not even close.

You really should have started your own thread about this.

You also need to READ about buyer protection. Since you didn't pick up the package, you lost your protection. That's why you didn't get a refund.

Unfortunately, in cases of postage due, there's no real way to win. You can pay the extra postage and get your item but aren't guaranteed to get that extra refunded to you. Or, you can refuse to pick up the package and be out both the item and the money.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

Disappointed and afraid to continue buying through ebay

in reply to viren1906
After executing 3 back to back purchases with the same eBay seller through the eBay app, I noticed an incorrect address that was pre populated on the 3rd purchase. I immediately contacted the seller about the issue, noting the two previous purchases with the correct address. The seller refused to change the shipping address and shipped to the incorrect address (despite a review of the two previous orders!).

The item was apparently delivered but after calling the old address I was unable to locate the package. The seller indicated that it was delivered so too bad for me. Spoke with eBay directly and I'm told not to worry. If I don't receive the item, I'm protected. After waiting the required time I call back and file for protection. I'm then told that this purchase is not guaranteed because I confirmed an incorrect address and the package was delivered! I asked for help in regards to how the address on the third purchase could be different then the first two and I'm told it's my problem. Yes I hit the button confirming each purchase along with the reflected address, since 2001 I've never made this mistake. I'm concerned about why this happened and frankly I'm now questioning the safety of eBay and the validity of the 'guarantee'. Where is the fine print that says 'if the package says delivered' we really don't care if YOU actually received it. Nano bot sellers and nano bot corporate responses make eBay an environment that feels unsafe for consumers. I will share my experience with my own clients and suggest that they work through a company that cares about its consumers and customers.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to takikawa4
eBay misrepresents it's guarantee. They state that you can buy with confidence because if you don't receive an item your money is refunded. Must I read the fine print...the claim by eBay is clear and well advertised. A class action is likely the only resolution to this misleading of consumers.
Please use plain text.