cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi I'm new here and I've been selling golf clubs and recently used the eBay "valet" service to sell

Hi I'm new to eBay and PayPal and my experience has been rather good till today. I've been selling my old unused golf sets that'd received over the years. I had come to eBay  in a desperate finical position brought on by medical bills. Most of my sets where still in the manufacturing sealed boxs and I knew they could still be worth good money to help me deal with the medical bills. 

Im still under selling restrictions because I've only been here about 2 months and my medical bills are pilling up. I had a set of Mizuno MP 100 irons I had been waiting to sell but my restrictions prevent me from selling it at the price I'd like to start at. So I used the eBay valley service. Bad idea.

The valet did no research on the worth of the clubs. They sold the set of irons for $120. There are only 2006 sets in the world. These clubs sell between $1-2 thousand on the site. The valet priced them a tenth of their value. I wish I could have looked at auction but it sold before I could even look at the email. A new seller should never use the valet as a service to sell big ticket items. The valet don't research your item or give it a fair price. Nor do they care about your input or read what you write on the forms you send with the package. They price it as cheap as possible to get rid of it. 

I I work third shift but I can't sleep tonight. I felt confident in eBay and who they pick to be valet but now I don't know what to feel.i feel robbed by the valet for not accurately pricing my item. I feel angry at eBay for falsely advertising the ability of their valet. If I only needed a $100 from those clubs I would have sold it. That's well within my limitations. I trusted their valet to know how to handle big ticket items but they don't care.

Has anyone else had a bad experience with the valet

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi I'm new here and I've been selling golf clubs and recently used the eBay "valet" service to sell

I do not know how to help you but I feel badly for you.  I am sure you will get some responses when the day goes on.   It is difficult when you are having medical problems to be able to manage things on your own and I sincerely hope things work out for you.   

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

I do not know how to help you but I feel badly for you.  I am sure you will get some responses when the day goes on.   It is difficult when you are having medical problems to be able to manage things on your own and I sincerely hope things work out for you.   

@montanavegas-1 wrote:

Hi I'm new to eBay and PayPal and my experience has been rather good till today. I've been selling my old unused golf sets that'd received over the years. I had come to eBay  in a desperate finical position brought on by medical bills. Most of my sets where still in the manufacturing sealed boxs and I knew they could still be worth good money to help me deal with the medical bills. 

Im still under selling restrictions because I've only been here about 2 months and my medical bills are pilling up. I had a set of Mizuno MP 100 irons I had been waiting to sell but my restrictions prevent me from selling it at the price I'd like to start at. So I used the eBay valley service. Bad idea.

The valet did no research on the worth of the clubs. They sold the set of irons for $120. There are only 2006 sets in the world. These clubs sell between $1-2 thousand on the site. The valet priced them a tenth of their value. I wish I could have looked at auction but it sold before I could even look at the email. A new seller should never use the valet as a service to sell big ticket items. The valet don't research your item or give it a fair price. Nor do they care about your input or read what you write on the forms you send with the package. They price it as cheap as possible to get rid of it. 

I I work third shift but I can't sleep tonight. I felt confident in eBay and who they pick to be valet but now I don't know what to feel.i feel robbed by the valet for not accurately pricing my item. I feel angry at eBay for falsely advertising the ability of their valet. If I only needed a $100 from those clubs I would have sold it. That's well within my limitations. I trusted their valet to know how to handle big ticket items but they don't care.

Has anyone else had a bad experience with the valet

Unfortunately many have stated the same type of issues and problems using Ebays valet service.  You at least got something out of it, I have read some where the valet service never listed nor sold the persons item and also did not return it to them nor return their emails.  From what I have read all they care about is selling the easiest items to sell and as quickly as possible regardless of the price or the value of what they are selling.

I'm sorry things went this way for you and wish you nothing but the best going forward.

David

Twnpopcards

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

Thank you for responding. I can't sleep. My mood swings from rage to just completely being broken down and hopeless. Thank you for responding it's brought me to tears...good tears mind you. These post were both just releases.

Is eBay going to help me you think?

The valet was certified by eBay as a professional seller and I want to know their vetting process. Obviously high end brand new sports gear was not this ones specialty. If this pro had access to google he could have seen his price was not market average. Some buyer just got a steal on some super rare clubs. If EBay would let me counter his offer. I would because I know I can sell those for a profit far bigger.
Message 4 of 19
latest reply

Thank you
Message 5 of 19
latest reply

@montanavegas-1 wrote:
Thank you for responding. I can't sleep. My mood swings from rage to just completely being broken down and hopeless. Thank you for responding it's brought me to tears...good tears mind you. These post were both just releases.

The valet was certified by eBay as a professional seller and I want to know their vetting process. Obviously high end brand new sports gear was not this ones specialty. If this pro had access to google he could have seen his price was not market average. Some buyer just got a steal on some super rare clubs. If EBay would let me counter his offer. I would because I know I can sell those for a profit far bigger.

I don't know what Ebay can or will do.  The item is sold so there is nothing they can do at this point unless the buyer doesn't pay for the item.  If that were to happen you might be able to get your clubs back but I wouldn't bet on it based on what I have read.  I have never used their service so I cannot tell you what will happen, sorry.

David

Twnpopcards

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

I still left with loss. $80 I received cost me a sentiment item and a item that could sell 10x 's that. I'm sure eBay valet has caused allot of grief for sellers.
Message 7 of 19
latest reply

Geez, that sucks! Did they already ship to the buyer?

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

I can only assume there might be some information on how they value your item when you signed up to use the service.  Maybe find that and read it over to see if you have any recourse in this matter.  As i've not used it, I can't give any advice or answers.  Again, sorry it went this way.  Bad things happen in 3 so maybe you are heading towards your blessings now.

I'm sorry to hear about all your troubles, any other high end items I would suggest finding other ways to sell them (i.e. not on eBay), especially if you are new to selling on here. Most advise if you are new to here, to start out selling a few cheaper items for awhile until you get a feel for things. I seriously doubt eBay will help you out much, if any. Most sellers usually end up fending for themselves.
Message 10 of 19
latest reply

@montanavegas-1

Yours is yet another unfortunate story among the 10's of thousands we've heard over the years on eBay. While it's a shame that both eBay itself and the Valet Service did not do better for you, the prices used by the Valet are based on research of sales of like items on eBay over the last 90 days.

In the case of your set of Mizuno MP 100 irons, while new retail pricing suggests that you might have gotten a far better price than you ultimately did, the fact remains that this is eBay where nothing brings it's true value. This is the home of online buyers who want and expect top service & grade A quality for Wal-Mart prices.

This is what other sellers of your irons think they should bring on eBay ...

Active Listings for Mizuno MP 100 Irons

This is what they ultimately bring though and you can see that the some of the first listings on this page were the originals of those seen at the link above. The ones with pricing in Green are what actually sold ...

Completed Listings for Mizuno MP 100 Irons

There was a time when eBay was a household name, a respected household name. Now, not so much.

The longer I'm on eBay, the more convinced I am that idiocy in the world is growing at an alarming rate. No where is it more visible than the view from eBay itself.
Message 11 of 19
latest reply

@montanavegas-1 wrote:
I still left with loss. $80 I received cost me a sentiment item and a item that could sell 10x 's that. I'm sure eBay valet has caused allot of grief for sellers.

But not for buyers. The valets are clueless. Almost no descriptions or good photos(of what is needed), very poor packing, underselling(proably just to get a sale and raise their feedback % so there is less scrubbing going on).

I check them almost every day. Every day I see people who use them getting shafted right and left.

Even if, as a buyer, you get a good deal, they just throw it in a box. No packing required. This will probably become ebay's 'not ready for prime time' prime.

@montanavegas-1 wrote:

Sorry to hear about your experience.  High ticket items are risky, next time it would be a good idea to ask for some guidance in the forums.

If you're in the US you can usually work out a payment plan for medical bills based on what you can afford.  I had a $5k bill once and some months I could only make a $10.  If you're worried about your credit, those should roll off your credit report within 7-10 years.  If they don't be sure to contact the credit bureaus to have them removed.

It's stressful, it's hard but hang in there.  Nothing stays bad forever.  You can rise above this just don't give up.  ❤️

Happy Selling! 😄
Message 13 of 19
latest reply

I sent my item in, and a valet was said to have it, and it was said, they'd get it posted. It's been about 5 weeks, and I've heard NOTHING more. Don't know where item is, who has it, when it will be posted, etc., etc.  Nada. ????????

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

Hi.  I am currently in a situation where the valet service lost my package.  I will never use this service again.  It is not worth it.  I will just try to sell items by myself.  If they sell they sell, if not oh well.

Wish I could help you out.

Message 15 of 19
latest reply