cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garage Sale for Mac Users! Desperate for Help with UPC Errors

I am getting slammed with UPC and MPN error codes while trying to upload listings via Garage Sale. I have the most current version. I am pulling MPNs and UPC codes directly from packages.  "Does not apply" doesn't help. 80% of errors are coming from action figures. 

Anyone else experienced this, and how did you solve it?

I am pulling my hair out. 

One thing I've noticed is that under the "Inspector" drop down suggestion box, I get a choice for MPN, but never for UPC.  I have to select "other", change it to "UPC", and enter the UPC code in the following box. Are you getting the same thing?

Is there just something here I'm missing?

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

After weeks of messing around, and many blue words about Ebay, I found my issues with Ebay rejecting UPC codes was on Garage Sale's part.  The solution, which was subsequently confirmed by Tech Support at Garage Sale.

If you are using Garage Sale and are getting the invalid UPC code, this is what you do:

open Garage Sale

>Preferences
           >Categories
                   >Update Now

You will receive a message that "Ebay data is already up to date". Click on "Download Anyway".

It will take about sixty seconds, and it seems to joggle or refresh something that makes the UPC codes suddenly start working.

Also, Tech Support told me to put the UPC code in the "Barcode" box in Inspector, rather than creating my own "UPC" box, however, that seems to have worked for me as well. I will go back later and put the barcode in the correct box, to be on the safe side. I'm just relieved as I can be to get some stuff uploaded, period.

Please pardon the keywords that follow, but I'd sure like to save some other user the hours and hours of frustration I have suffered during this, and nothing turned up when I searched the boards. 

GarageSale for Mac

IwasCoding

error code 21919309 MPN code missing a value

error 21919301 UPC is missing a value.  Enter a value and try again

Garage Sale upload error

errors out

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

After weeks of messing around, and many blue words about Ebay, I found my issues with Ebay rejecting UPC codes was on Garage Sale's part.  The solution, which was subsequently confirmed by Tech Support at Garage Sale.

If you are using Garage Sale and are getting the invalid UPC code, this is what you do:

open Garage Sale

>Preferences
           >Categories
                   >Update Now

You will receive a message that "Ebay data is already up to date". Click on "Download Anyway".

It will take about sixty seconds, and it seems to joggle or refresh something that makes the UPC codes suddenly start working.

Also, Tech Support told me to put the UPC code in the "Barcode" box in Inspector, rather than creating my own "UPC" box, however, that seems to have worked for me as well. I will go back later and put the barcode in the correct box, to be on the safe side. I'm just relieved as I can be to get some stuff uploaded, period.

Please pardon the keywords that follow, but I'd sure like to save some other user the hours and hours of frustration I have suffered during this, and nothing turned up when I searched the boards. 

GarageSale for Mac

IwasCoding

error code 21919309 MPN code missing a value

error 21919301 UPC is missing a value.  Enter a value and try again

Garage Sale upload error

errors out

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

I know this is an older post but it was really helpful.

Thank you so much for this information. I am considering using Garage Sale on my Mac & I am sure I would run into this problem. Are you still using Garage Sale & do you like it?

Is anyone else using Garage Sale? Is it helpful for you?
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

I still use Garage Sale, and I love it. 

I don't know if Ebay ever got around to imrpoving turbolister, and I don't care. There's no way it could be as good as Garage Sale. And the last few questions I've had have been answered very very promptly. 

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

I am trying to upload a listing with multi-attributes that have the sku's listed on each one size. I still am getting the UPC missing error 21919301 on each attribute. I then tried your download now catorgies thing and nothing happened. Any other ideas on how to get it to upload??

Thanks

Krit

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

I don't deal in sized items or variable listings but maybe someone else here who uses Garage Sale does and they'll post. My suggestion would be to drop a message to Matthias (?) at Garage Sale. He usually answers within a day or two. Just remember, he's in Germany, and his English is spectacularly good, but not his first language, so be kind and make the questions simple and clear, and explain why you need multiple numbers. 

I don't think there's a way to do it, since it appears you can only attach one barcode or SKU per item on Garage Sale. My version has "variables" greyed out, like it's not available. I don't know if it's an upgrade, or something they're working on?

You can put "Does not apply" on the barcode line in the inspector. That'll at least get it in if it's a category where you can't upload without one, but I don't think it will give you variable options for sizes/colors etc? And I've never tried to enter SKUs.  That, thank goodness, is one headache I don't have to deal with. 

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Thank you!  Pulling my hair out as well!   Very helpful!

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Hello! Can anyone tell me how to negotiate around a garage Sale error 17805, asking me to provide numeric version only?????? NEVER have I seen this before.
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

it almost appears that GarageSale is being rejected by Eaby. I am considering dropping the use of Garagesale.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply