cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Funds availability - EBAY is ridiculous

I am DISGUSTED by ebay and their funds availabiity policy and their LACK of customer service. Paypal is not the issue - it's ebay. No supervisor will help. They just quote policy. I've sold thousands on Ebay and all of a sudden funds on hold until 3 days after delivery. 

I had a supervisor make an exception and stated that I just needed to call back for the release once item was delivered. Of course, I did and those notes have "mysteriously" disappeared. 

Supervisors will "call you back in 5 minutes", but they don't call until days later, and then of course, dont leave a message. So this goes round and round in this vicious circle for over a week now.

DISGUSTED. 

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

If your funds are on hold it's either because you haven't sold in a while so you're considered "new" again, or there have been some kind of red flags on either your selling activity or the type of merchandise you're selling. Holds can also be triggered by defects etc.

Yes, eBay tells PP to hold your funds but it's PP which releases them after tracking shows delivered. If your funds aren't released 3 days after delivery call and nudge them.

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

They just quote policy.

what do you expect them to do.......break the policy........?

What's the problem?  Why are they holding the funds?

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

All new accounts use this policy. I would suggest selling on the account you sold 1000's on and not a new account with only 15 feedback. 

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

If your funds are on hold it's either because you haven't sold in a while so you're considered "new" again, or there have been some kind of red flags on either your selling activity or the type of merchandise you're selling. Holds can also be triggered by defects etc.

Yes, eBay tells PP to hold your funds but it's PP which releases them after tracking shows delivered. If your funds aren't released 3 days after delivery call and nudge them.

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

Did I say I wanted to break policy? If you can't offer suggestions, no need to be snarky. You don't know the whole story. I can't even get a supervisor to even give me a straight story.
Message 5 of 17
latest reply

It's been 4 days. Same circle of death, 3 days, 3 days. Supervisor will call you back. Thanks for the info, not sure what the reason is, but at least this gives me insight. Thanks!!
Message 6 of 17
latest reply

If it's more than 3 days call and INSIST they release the funds while you're on the phone (trust me, they CAN do it)

Crusader Cat is watching

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

I appreciate you feedback...trust me, I've been trying for days. No one will help on ebay side. I give up. I asked why a larger sale of over $1200 payment was not held and the agent actually tried to tell me "that's impossible, must have been a glitch."

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

Stop calling eBay and start calling PayPal. They're the ones holding your funds.

Crusader Cat is watching

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

You don't know the whole story. I can't even get a supervisor to even give me a straight story.

It's a tad difficult to give useful advice without the whole story.

If you are in the USA, as soon as your item shows delivered (not shipped, delivered) the payment will be released.

Even before shipping, you can access the cleared payment for use on an eBay or Paypal shipping label.

Since you have sold 'thousands' on eBay, you will already know that both shipping labels have discounts from PO counter prices on some services.

If the customer paid with an 'e-cheque', Paypal reminds you not to ship until the payment has cleared.

And you have to ship while the Hold is in place. This is annoying, but we have seen no reports that PP does not release Held funds for shipping labels or when Delivery is confirmed.

If you are not in the USA, there are a couple of other points.

The Hold will be for a full 21 days, not untile Confirmation of Delivery.

E-cheques take about a week to clear, before the PP Hold starts.

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

Hey thats simply not how things are being done! I was just in the process of listing an item, one i have sold multiples of before, and in tiny little print on one of the pages where you create your item listing there is a notice my paypal funds will not be available but held!! here is the exact note from the page : "Funds from your sales will be unavailable and show as pending in your PayPal account for a period of time. Learn more" WHAT THE H _ _ _ is this?? Not only dont i get my money when the item is paid for, but funds will be held for an unspecified and arbirary period of time!!

So what is the LEARN MORE REVEAL??  HERE IS THAT INFO (copied from the ebay page) :

Why payments may be shown as pending
Payments to some eBay sellers may be shown as pending in your PayPal account, and may not be available for a period of time to allow for successful fulfillment.

Common reasons your funds might be pending
These are the most common reasons your funds would be unavailable for a period of time:

• You're a new seller or have limited selling history, which means you have not yet met all of the following criteria:
      • It's been more than 90 days since your first successful sale
      • You've made more than 25 domestic sales transactions
      • You've had more than $250 in total domestic sales

Note: Domestic is based on physical registration address. As a seller registered on the U.S. site, domestic transactions would be any transactions completed where a buyer’s registration address is in the U.S.

FYI I have been a member since october - 1 - 2002, with a feedback % of 100

I have over 242 feedbacks, all but 2 are positive, one neutral one negative (both as buyer) I am showing only 7 sales however this is not correct I have items i have  sold not showing up, sales total for 7 items is $610.54.

I have always recieved positive seller feedback, paid the shipping when ebay mis figured estimated ship[ping (USPS item to big, UPS cost was almost 78 bucks MORE so it cost me 110.00 to ship item sold for about 400.00 !!

IF I CANT GET PAID WHEN MY STUFF SELLS, OR EVEN HAVE A PROMISED  FUNDS AVAILABLE DATE I WILL NOT SELL  ON EBAY EVER  EVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

Your money will be released within three days of tracking showing delivery. Sellers who rarely sell are counted as new sellers for the purpose of money holds. You don't have enough recent track record.

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

If you take a break from selling, when you come back and list you are considered a "new" seller.

If your metrics go down, buyer claims a not received, SNAD, etc., the hold will be imposed.

Don't try to sell on Amazon, which puts a rolling reserve on all sellers, meaning you never really get all of your money.  It's just like a kid's credit card that is backed up by a savings account.

eBay doesn't offer sellers a line of credit...nor should they!

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage. ~ Anais Nin
Message 13 of 17
latest reply

@russ588 wrote:

Hey thats simply not how things are being done! I was just in the process of listing an item, one i have sold multiples of before, and in tiny little print on one of the pages where you create your item listing there is a notice my paypal funds will not be available but held!! here is the exact note from the page : "Funds from your sales will be unavailable and show as pending in your PayPal account for a period of time. Learn more" WHAT THE H _ _ _ is this?? Not only dont i get my money when the item is paid for, but funds will be held for an unspecified and arbirary period of time!!

So what is the LEARN MORE REVEAL??  HERE IS THAT INFO (copied from the ebay page) :

Why payments may be shown as pending
Payments to some eBay sellers may be shown as pending in your PayPal account, and may not be available for a period of time to allow for successful fulfillment.

Common reasons your funds might be pending
These are the most common reasons your funds would be unavailable for a period of time:

• You're a new seller or have limited selling history, which means you have not yet met all of the following criteria:
      • It's been more than 90 days since your first successful sale
      • You've made more than 25 domestic sales transactions
      • You've had more than $250 in total domestic sales

Note: Domestic is based on physical registration address. As a seller registered on the U.S. site, domestic transactions would be any transactions completed where a buyer’s registration address is in the U.S.

FYI I have been a member since october - 1 - 2002, with a feedback % of 100

I have over 242 feedbacks, all but 2 are positive, one neutral one negative (both as buyer) I am showing only 7 sales however this is not correct I have items i have  sold not showing up, sales total for 7 items is $610.54.

I have always recieved positive seller feedback, paid the shipping when ebay mis figured estimated ship[ping (USPS item to big, UPS cost was almost 78 bucks MORE so it cost me 110.00 to ship item sold for about 400.00 !!

IF I CANT GET PAID WHEN MY STUFF SELLS, OR EVEN HAVE A PROMISED  FUNDS AVAILABLE DATE I WILL NOT SELL  ON EBAY EVER  EVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!

You haven’t sold anything in months (years?). New and infrequent sellers are subject to the funds hold. Save your exclamation points for something that’s actually unfair.

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

<<FYI I have been a member since october - 1 - 2002, with a feedback % of 100

I have over 242 feedbacks, all but 2 are positive, one neutral one negative (both as buyer) I am showing only 7 sales however this is not correct I have items i have  sold not showing up, sales total for 7 items is $610.54.>>

You have a total of Five (5) Feedback as a seller. All over a year old.

(And ....psst...all buyers have 100% Postitive feedback ... sellers can't leave anything but a green donut for buyers since 2008)

Feedback as a buyer is not relevant to selling holds.

The new seller holds are not a new thing, although I believe that they have shortened the timeframe to be considered a "dormant seller" because of hijacked accounts.

As everyone else has pointed out, you are considered "new" after not being an active seller for a certain period of time.

That is because rules and regs change at least twice a year (Spring and Fall Seller Updates) ... this year we had an extra "Summer" Update and various listing compliance updates in between.

The standards and compliance regulations for sellers have changed quite a bit over the past year ... If you are to continue selling, it would be in your best interest to brush up ...

Start here:

http://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/

http://pages.ebay.com/eg/en-us/help/policies/seller-non-performance.html

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 15 of 17
latest reply