eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop Deals

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

fastjag1
Community Member

Ebay has seriouse server problems and they are not tell anyone!!!

Called Ebay this morning after 30+ hrs. of no sales. Got the "everything is OK....nothing is wrong with our servers" I thought that I had done something to tick off the Ebays Gods and they were punishing me. Of course nobody at Ebay told me that everyone else was having issues. Apparently something happened around the 15th of the month as that is when I saw sales....and feedback take a nose dive. I had $8500 + in sales the first 15 days of this month and just over $2000 as of today the 29th...and $800 of that was a local pickup soda machine!!! Not my normal sale item. EBAY, you are not in the business of running your own servers. From what I understand you use to outsorce your servers to companies that actually know what they are doing. Then in 2009 you deciced you could do it yourself. Your site has never been the same!!! Either learn how to take care of your servers running them yourself or go back to outsorcing that part so busuness owners like me can get back to doing what we do best, MAKING YOU MONEY.

Please use plain text.
fastjag1
Community Member

Re: Ebay has seriouse server problems and they are not tell anyone!!!

in reply to fastjag1

Sorry about the missing "ing" in the title...I was tired. If you have any simular concerns or problems please joing the topic and reply to this. Ebay will not fix anything unless we complain enough about it. So, if you to have seen a major dorp in sales, feedback and you are having trouble navigating around Ebay....blank pages, trouble listing items and getting redirected, these are all problems with Ebay's servers. Three years and they still can't run their own servers. Complain sellers until Ebay fixes things. Post your problems so they know about them!!!! bumb

Please use plain text.
erictlewis
Community Member

in reply to fastjag1

Sad thing is this started Friday,  it was like there was a dns attack on ebay.   I had several actions that was going and I could not get the link for any of them to work.

I called support and they kept telling me there was nothing wrong with ebay on their end.

After several hours on the phone with ebay I was given a 1866 number to call. I thought they were sending me to another division.  This 1866 number called a company that if you let them they will remote connect to your computer then try to sale you for about 60 bucks a repair function they do telling me my computer had errors that needed to be fixed. Rofl I build computers for a living. 

There is nothing wrong with my computer. There is something going on with ebay, and it was bad the entire week end.  Still this morning links to some of the auctions I had my hands on are still not working.

Please use plain text.
fastjag1
Community Member

in reply to fastjag1

I hear ya.....I have been searching the other boards. Some are reporting that Ebay is telling them of a Hack on the system and that the servers have gone into some sort of "safe mode". I can only assume that this means "NOT WORKING" mode. Ebay, if your going to lie to us then tell everyone the same lie. Why are some customers being told of technical problems and possible hacks and others are being told "....no, nothing is wrong with our servers at all. It must be your computer...."

Please post to these complaints and not just read them. Ebay needs a good mass complaint going on so that they will address all of our problems.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to fastjag1

Yeah, it has been tough the last couple of weeks. We usually move about 50-60 shipments a day just from ebay, but with our web site and other channels we are not home based. The last couple of weeks we have been down about 40%, and on some days we will see extensive droughts with no questions, offers, or sales, then all of the sudden things will come alive for an hour, only to revert back. We are used to more consistency. This time of year we see a seasonal lull, but it has not been this bad before. That said we have not had any trouble seeing our own listings, but I understand the way their servers work others may not be seeing them all the time.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to fastjag1

Poor company. Listings are not showing after several hours.

No wonder everyone is having problems selling on this lousy site.

Ebay you suck.

Please use plain text.
fastjag1
Community Member

in reply to fastjag1

I have had some sales....spoty at best. Nothing like the first 3.5 months I just had. Now I am looking at the technical board and it is all lit up with issues about photos not showing up. THAT IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN THERE ARE SERVER PROBLEMS.  Folks, you are complaining about photos or search problems or the zoom feature not working. The simple fact of all of these problems is that it is a SERVER problem. Ebay took on their own servers because it cost less to run your own servers. The problem with that is you have to KNOW how to run several warehouses full of servers to keep up with what Ebay does. OBVIOUSLY Ebay has no clue how to run their own servers. They have been attempting to since late 2009 and Ebays site has had issue after issue since. So, lets call the problem what it is, a server problem, in hopes that Ebay either hires the company running their server up until 2009 to run them again......or we can just sit back and expect the same spotty sales....OUTAGES!!!.... and all round poor experience on Ebay. A company that we all help build being run by a buch of money hungry idiot. BUMP

Please use plain text.
fastjag1
Community Member

in reply to fastjag1

Since I do not have any packages to send out this morning I thougt I would spend this free time that Ebay has graciously given me here on the complaint boards. EBAY FIX THE PROBLEM!!! I will be posting, tweeting, facebooking and complaing everywhere that I can until your admit that there is a server issue and YOU FIX IT!!!! I am thinking the Discussion Boards must be part of the outage because it does not look like people are coming to the board as would be the case with such a serious wide sperad server outage. Nice trick, make the server problem effect the boards then you don't have to listen to the complaints. BUMP and a tweet for good measure.

Please use plain text.
fastjag1
Community Member

in reply to fastjag1

After the above post was left I imediately got 4 sales...all in a row withing 15 minutes or less of each other....then nothing the rest of the day!!! Itls like Ebay heard me and switched me on for an hour and then OFF AGAIN. Sales do not come in like that. I appriciate the sales but do me a favore EBAY, leave the switch in th ON POSITION. Fix yoiur servers already!!!! All these issues with photos and emails and links and error messages. ALL SERVER PROBLEMS that Ebay is lieing about. Again, I am not going away until this is all fixed. I am hoping the squeaky wheel gets the oil.

Please use plain text.
timzbiz
Community Member

in reply to fastjag1

This on again off again big drop in sales issue has been going on for many sellers now for almost 2 years. It happens to some and not to others. Eventually all sellers will run into this issue. And trust me, when it happens to you it is not pleasant.

Please use plain text.
fastjag1
Community Member

in reply to fastjag1

Hi, Abosolutely, you are right. However, this is not just the on/off syndrome that has happened....since 2009, this is that since the 15th of April. It has never been this bad. I usually only have to call in once or twice a year to complain about a 24hr outtage. I have had no less than 3 days that this has happened since April 15th. For the month of April my sales shot down more than 55% for the last 15 days of that monty. If anyone is woundering what happened in 2009 that started causing the spotty outages, that is when Ebay decieded they could run their own servers and not outsorce it like they were. This is the end result. If my problem right now was spotty outages I would deal with it as I have since 2009. The problem right now is no sales and 24hr outages...which is what I have awakened to today. Since I have no packages to ship out EBAY, I have plenty of time to spend here on these boards and forward this to all of the news agencies until they pick up on it. I am obviously not the only person who has this complaint judging by the complains coming in. FIX THE PROBLEMS EBAY. You are not only losing sellers but BUYERS...read the post!!!! Got a go, have to tweet to @abcnews, @nbcnews @cbsnews @foxnews.....you get the idea.

Please use plain text.
fastjag1
Community Member

in reply to fastjag1

WHOO HOOO....2 sales right in a row at 12:30 noon time. Interesting, that is exactly how it happened yesterday. Apparently I am only allowed to sell at noon time of each day. NEWS FLASH EBAY. Sales do not come in this way. Especially 2 days in a row. What are you taking turns with sellers? Is my turn at 12 each day? I guess I can expect more sales tomorrow this time. Don't get me wrong folks, I appriciate any sales at this point. It is just frustraiting at how Ebay is covering up their server problems by...aparently, cyceling seller through each day. I gurantee my profits are going down but Ebay has to be losing money....hemeraging cash with the lack of sale, ability for seller to list and buyers to buy. As far as I can see that is the only up side of all this. However, I am certain that Ebay will come up with some other policy change to get any losses back!!! EBAY FIX IT....I am still here and still posting and tweeting to all the news agencies.

Please use plain text.
hiller731
Community Member

in reply to fastjag1

I know for a fact they had the shipping glitch with mine and they refuse to admit it or fix it. 

Please use plain text.
cad777864
Community Member

in reply to fastjag1

This is interesting in the fact that i was seeing the same thing you guys are seeing for a long time, for about a year, one week good sales, next week half, had friends from other states do some checking, yep, they could not see all my items or find them. Personally isn't this like seriously against some kind of law to sell a feature that the world can see your items, or least least the countrys you allow, and then most cannot?  Is that legal?  Shouldn't there be some people checking on that? Some kind of computer investigators?

Please use plain text.
cad777864
Community Member

in reply to fastjag1

Hey, could this have anything to do with the big push for ebay mobile?  We already know they could not handle regular computers and there servers, now there adding all this?  I think what is now happening is what you were saying before fastjag, i think it is hitting a much larger population, there is always going to be a few plants saying there going gangbusters, that is to keep us shuttie.  Make people think its a small problem.  Well its happening to EVERYONE i know, and as i said it was off and on for me, the laws of averages just dont compute on that, and now everyone i know.  So, stay away cheerleaders, I DONT believe you.

Please use plain text.
memories-of-days-past
Community Member

in reply to fastjag1

This is really crazy.....I have been having problems seeing my own items and when I call ebay they tell me that my browser is not working correctly.

For the last two-two 1/2 weeks my traffic is down 55% and my sales are also down that much. I have been trying everything I could think off to figure out what I did to have ebay FLIP MY SWITCH TO OFF. My sales are consistent month after month EXCEPT when the Ebay Gods say it's my turn to have the switch flipped. I called on Monday and was told my traffic is down because I'm not using the "item specifics" !! How stupid do they think we are~I guess stupid enough to stick around!!

Please use plain text.
fastjag1
Community Member

in reply to fastjag1

LOL....I never thought of the push for Ebay Mobil factoring in. Thanks for bringing that up. Makes sence. That would really put a much larger burdon on their already taxed servers...which they do not know how to run or operate. Well I sold a couple of things late last night.....at least it was not the 12 noon turn on/ turn off as the past 2 days have been. I usuall sell between $12,000 and $15,000 a month. At this rate I won't break $10,000. I have stoped buying to resell. I am not buying anything on Ebay until it is all fixed. I will relist some of what has been backed up. Not sure what good it will do since the site is all screwed up but it will be their IF THEY EVER GET IT FIXED. I guess the wife and I can plan something for Monday as it won't be my busiest shipping day. What is this Ebay, a forced holliday?? I will take a holliday when all my bills are paid!!! Tweeting this post to @cbsnews @nbcnews @abcnews @foxnews @dateline

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to fastjag1

My husband sells here, usually about 30 sales a month, not a whole lot but he was just starting out.  For 3 weeks not one sale.

A big ZERO. He got so fed up he has not listed anything.  On top of everything else they have the worst customer service i have ever seen, they lie, they hang up, anything to get you to SHUT up. There is constant site problems.  What a huge pile of mess here.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to fastjag1

By the way, theres lots of other threads like this, there just scattered all over the different boards.  Everyone is having this problem.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to fastjag1

lousy numbers for the last 14 days.  Ebay, please hit the 'reset' button for me!

Please use plain text.