eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop now
Community Member

EBAY AUTOMATICALLY CHECKS RELIST THIS ITEM 3 TIMES

BOX IS POPULATED WITH CHECK MARK -  Automatically relist this item up to 3 times if it doesn't sell  

Save this listing as a template and use it to sell similar items

List your item  |  
Preview your listing  |  
Edit listing   THIS IS WHAT AUTOMATICALLY APPEARS AS TO GO TO RELIST AN ITEM IN AUCTION FORM.  SINCE WHEN DOES EBAY HAVE THE RIGHT TO DETERMINE HOW WE LIST OUR ITEMS.  WE HAVE TO UNCHECK WHAT SHOULD BE A CHOICE TO CANCEL IT.   WHAT IS THE DEAL?   LEGAL TO CHANGE HOW SELLERS LIST ITEMS WITH NO WARNING.  THIS SHOULD BE OUR CHOICE TO CHECK OR NOT CHECK.   NOW I TRY TO POST THE ILLUSTRATION OF THE AUTOMATICALLY CHECKED BOX AND EBAY SAYS IT IS INVALID HTML TO DO SO AND WILL NOT LET ME POST WHAT APPEARS AT THE BOTTOM OF EACH AUCTION ITEM RELIST.   SO THEY MAKE THE CHANGE, BUT WE CANNOT DISPLAY IT TO OTHER SELLERS.  THEY HAVE US COMING AND GOING.  
Please use plain text.
nobody*s_perfect
Community Member

Re: EBAY AUTOMATICALLY CHECKS RELIST THIS ITEM 3 TIMES

in reply to bookwoman_cat

Here it is:

3 free relists.png

Please use plain text.
lookng2015
Community Member

So UNcheck it if you don't like it and getting listings for free.

Good grief
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley

"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley

Please use plain text.
bears_repeating
Community Member

in reply to lookng2015

THIS SHOULD BE OUR CHOICE TO CHECK OR NOT CHECK.

It is our choice.  Are you saying that you cannot uncheck it?   I can. 

Please use plain text.
barbarascollectibles!
Community Member

in reply to bears_repeating

Actually it is a PITA to uncheck just like the keep me signed in to eBay that I have to uncheck over and over.  And it is very easy to miss it sometimes even though it is right there at the bottom next to the list button.

Children are like little sponges. They absorb all your strength and leave you limp.

But give them a squeeze and you get it all back.

Please use plain text.
lookng2015
Community Member

in reply to barbarascollectibles!

It's beyond me why so many sellers are dead set against getting 3 free relists.

But keep yelling loud enough and those of us who do like them will most likely see them vanish.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please use plain text.
prettywoman-2012
Community Member

in reply to lookng2015

lookng2015 wrote:
So UNcheck it if you don't like it and getting listings for free.

Good grief

Un-checking all listings when you bulk re-list hundreds of them, would not be that easy. Good grief, yes, although I would call it bad grief. Thankfully, I only checked a handful before noticing the problems.

This morning I have revised a listing and thankfully, the feature was no longer in there.

Please use plain text.
prettywoman-2012
Community Member

in reply to lookng2015

lookng2015 wrote:

But keep yelling loud enough and those of us who do like them will most likely see them vanish.

Lookin'

How can it be BEYOND you when you have seen, and participated in countless threads posted by sellers reporting

(1) they were charged for features on the "FREE" relist that they never intended to enroll in;

(2) they had duplicate listings because the "FREE" relists automatically relisted items after the seller eliminated a listing, and sometimes even while the original listing was still active;

(3) Some sellers reported they got charged for a "FREE" relisting, even without having checked the extra Gallery or other features;

(4) The 3 "FREE" relists effectively changed our listings into Good Til' Cancelled (GTC) which "enjoys" the lowest level of exposure to (being shown to) potential buyers.

But, keep yelling loud enough, and someone might bite the lure. After all, isn't this what fishing is all about?

Please use plain text.
prettywoman-2012
Community Member

barbarascollectibles! wrote:

Actually it is a PITA to uncheck just like the keep me signed in to eBay that I have to uncheck over and over.  And it is very easy to miss it sometimes even though it is right there at the bottom next to the list button.

Yes, they are hoping you will be signed in and never clear your cache and cookies, so they can see what you do online. I always un-check it, but it doesn't matter. I have even un-checked it on my Site Preferences under Account, and still it won't matter -  they have permanenty fixed it so you can't remove the check.

Please use plain text.
nobody*s_perfect
Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to prettywoman-2012

prettywoman-2012 wrote:...  countless threads posted by sellers reporting

(1) they were charged for features on the "FREE" relist that they never intended to enroll in;

(2) they had duplicate listings...

(3) Some sellers reported they got charged for a "FREE" relisting...

(4) The 3 "FREE" relists effectively changed our listings into Good Til' Cancelled (GTC) which "enjoys" the lowest level of exposure to (being shown to) potential buyers...

Thank you for detailing your objections to this new option. Your first 3 points are based on a few scattered anecdotal reports, they are not "countless". The option has been in place for over a month and most of us who have been using these free relists have found that they work perfectly smoothly, so I haven't given much credibility to these few reports of glitches. The threads that reports them are conspicuously lacking in responses from other members who encountered the same issue.

It's not the same as GTC, since it's not a continuous rollover. Like a manual relist, the relisted item has a new item number and a new start date.

Please use plain text.
prettywoman-2012
Community Member

in reply to nobody*s_perfect

It is not the same as GTC ad theorem, but in practicality, when I went to bulk edit some of the listings which were previously checked for the automatic relisting, they all showed up as GTC - while I haven't used the GTC type listings in well over 10 years of the (almost) 16 years I have been selling on ebay.

As to your comment regarding the reports having been isolated, please visit the Seller Central board. You will see that those reports were numerous, and please also keep in mind that the vast majority of ebay sellers do not post on these discussion boards.

Have a nice day

PW

Please use plain text.
lookng2015
Community Member

You don't HAVE to uncheck them all individually.

The box is only there to be checked or unchecked if you relist individually using the SYI form.

Please use plain text.
funboy1227
Community Member

Been thinking about this new "feature"  I think I have an idea on how to use it to my advantage.

Thanks, guys, for posting about it.  

Those that hate it, i'm not going to sell it to you.   

Good luck to everyone.

I've been told that money cannot buy happiness.... But I would like the opportunity to test that theory.
Please use plain text.
lookng2015
Community Member

Sorry PW they were nowhere even close to "numerous"

Please use plain text.
prettywoman-2012
Community Member

in reply to lookng2015

lookng2015 wrote:
Sorry PW they were nowhere even close to "numerous"

As opposed to what number? The number of those sellers who posted that they LOVE it?

Since neither the number of people who LOVE it, or the number of people who DON'T like it is known to anyone on the discussion, the debate it futile.

PW

Please use plain text.
prettywoman-2012
Community Member

in reply to lookng2015

lookng2015 wrote:
You don't HAVE to uncheck them all individually.

The box is only there to be checked or unchecked if you relist individually using the SYI form.

The box was checked in every single NEW listings I created, and had to be manually un-checed. It was automatically checked in BULK relists, too. So, I am not seeing your point - like many pointed it out, un-checking it is NOT possible in bul, regardless of when you would decide to do so.

Please use plain text.
barbarascollectibles!
Community Member

in reply to lookng2015

lookng2015 wrote:

I am not against 3 free relists.  I am against having things automatically checked for me.  I would like the option to at least opt in or out of the function without the constant pain of unchecking each item and increasing the delay in listing time for me to do that additioal function.  And all the revisions I have to make to uncheck it when I have hurried through a listing and missed the UNcheck feature.

It is simple to keep the feature or even for eBay to highlight it if they want it noticed more but to not have the auto check in place.

Children are like little sponges. They absorb all your strength and leave you limp.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to lookng2015

It is only a "free listing"  if there is a large listing promo going on or you haven't used up your 50 per month...

otherwise fees apply

And it is a nuisance to rember uncheck every  time!

Please use plain text.
nobody*s_perfect
Community Member

in reply to smilks

smilks wrote:

It is only a "free listing"  if there is a large listing promo going on or you haven't used up your 50 per month...

otherwise fees apply...

The 3 free relists do not come out of your 50 free or out of any othr special They are a separate free offer.  Insertion fees do not apply to the 3 free relists. From the Help page:

3 free relists really free.png

Please use plain text.
barbarascollectibles!
Community Member

[ Edited ]

And pain is the right word.  It is not just mear aggravation.  Each letter I type, each mouse click I make is physically painful to me.  Which is one reason i have stopped correcting a lot of my typos a while back as the pain had gotten too bad but I got another round of cortozone and have started correcting some mistakes periodically but not always.  Depending.

Please use plain text.