cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does ebay even care about amazon sellers?

Does ebay even care about amazon sellers on ebay?  I mean they are all over the place using their prime accounts to ship items on ebay.  The absolute WORST is .  I've run across several in the past few months and each time I leave feedback (usually neutral) about how they are drop shipping, ebay removes it!  I want to let others know they are drop sellers and spread the word.

Why are they allowing this?  Coorporate greed?  They simply don't care?

Message 1 of 93
latest reply
2 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

They ARE sellers, you just happen to disagree with the way they conduct their business. But if the item is shipped to you and there are no problems, what difference does it make?

Maybe online shopping isn't for you.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 26 of 93
latest reply

The word is research.... I shop both Amazon and eBay among other places for the best deal on the items I'm interested in. If a seller on eBay dropped shiped a item to me from Amazon what that means is I didn't do a good enough job doing research. Wouldn't blame anybody but my self.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 28 of 93
latest reply
92 REPLIES 92

How do you know they are using their prime account instead of fulfillment by amazon?

Message 2 of 93
latest reply

Uhh, because it comes in an amazon box and they are also charging sales tax when I don't live in their state.

Message 3 of 93
latest reply

You should complain to Amazon, not eBay. 

Message 4 of 93
latest reply

uhhhh..........ebay is getting paid the fvf on the stuff, so why should they care?

Many sellers pay a fee and "warehouse" the stuff in Amazon warehouse and ship anywhere from there.........so it's not necessarily someone selling the product here and then buying on Amazon to get it shipped............

Message 5 of 93
latest reply

@22e wrote:

Uhh, because it comes in an amazon box and they are also charging sales tax when I don't live in their state.

Fulfillment by Amazon will come in an Amazon box.

And by using that, that designates a presence in your state. 

Message 6 of 93
latest reply

ebay doesn't care over 32K in 1 month in feedback (Not sales) because there are many that don't leave feedback so over 32K sales in 1 month, ebay is getting their FVF why should they care.
78 neagatives in a month is no big deal to ebay with their sales volume they are still Top Rated
All ebay cares about is Seller has stock to ship to buyer (even if it is dropship) and that seller ships in handling time 
And yes ebay will remove the feedback you leave because you can't leave bad feedback because they dropship.
The item arrive ontime? as decsribed? then there is no reason for bad feedback 

Message 7 of 93
latest reply

It's more likely a seller that sells on both eBay and Amazon and uses their FBA with AMZ to ship orders from both venues.

If it was an eBay drop shipper using their AMZ Prime account, it would comes as a "gift from xx" as sellers aren't allowed to use their Prime Account for shipping their sales.

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 8 of 93
latest reply

That seller absolutely does NOT use their prime membership to ship items from AZ. They use fulfillment by AZ and I love them for it, as I'll get Sunday delivery, even when ordered through eBay.

Some sellers do abuse Prime, that's true, but AZ catches it when the volume gets too high and too many alternate addresses.

If the seller in the OP was doing that, AZ would ban them, week one, with their volume.

·•❖•· the wolf you feed wins ·•❖•·
Message 9 of 93
latest reply

They allow it because it violates no eBay policy.

But your reason for leaving negative fb does. So your fb left is removed.

Don't see a reason you should even be concerned about it.
age is a measure of time , wisdom is the measure of how we used that time
Message 10 of 93
latest reply

It concerns me because I prefer NOT to do business with amazon.  And I don't like paying sales tax on an item I know isn't in my state.  

I guess I'm old school.  Back in my day (lol) when I signed up for ebay ('99), people actually had the items for sale in hand and ready to ship.  They didn't rely on other businesses to store, pack, and ship them.  In all seriousness, what does a seller do other than place the order on a different site?  It just seems shady to me.

Message 11 of 93
latest reply

It's cost effective to not have the inventory. Most manufactures use " just in time.e" inventory practices.

And drop shipping has been going on since that 1990's. There's just more doing it today.

Many get upset because they didn't do the research and maybe could have got the item directly cheaper.

As to what they do , they do all the research, make the listing, risk losing their account if shipper fails or out of stock and much more.

It's a service
age is a measure of time , wisdom is the measure of how we used that time
Message 12 of 93
latest reply

Why should you care? You got what you ordered, at a price you "were" willing to pay.

I shop Sams Club sellers. I don't have a Sams Club store close by, so I search for Sams Club drop shipperrs (eBay Sellers) for plastic TShirt Shopping bags 1000/cs. Best is price through Sams Club about .02 a piece for my Brick & Mortar store.

I get a great price with free shipping and all, witout the cost of a Sams Club Membership.

Drop Shipping is not a "BAD" thing, why do people always think like that?

Message 13 of 93
latest reply

@22e wrote:

It concerns me because I prefer NOT to do business with amazon.  And I don't like paying sales tax on an item I know isn't in my state.  

I guess I'm old school.  Back in my day (lol) when I signed up for ebay ('99), people actually had the items for sale in hand and ready to ship.  They didn't rely on other businesses to store, pack, and ship them.  In all seriousness, what does a seller do other than place the order on a different site?  It just seems shady to me.

Always wondered how Amazon can be competitive with so many type of middle men involved, is Amazon a fancy drop shipper? can a seller sell same as here without all the fluff.

Message 14 of 93
latest reply

@al-sutt wrote:

@22e wrote:

Always wondered how Amazon can be competitive with so many type of middle men involved, is Amazon a fancy drop shipper? can a seller sell same as here without all the fluff.

FBA isn't a drop shipment - it's warehousing and shipping for products that the sellers own. Same as if you had 100 pallets of stock and you contracted with a 3PL warehouse to do your receiving, shipping, and storage.

Message 15 of 93
latest reply