cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between Selling Manager vs Selling Manager Pro

Other than the amount of free listings you get per month, listing fees, and an inventory section... are there any other differences between Selling Manager and Selling Manager Pro?

I've been using Pro but my business has significantly decreased that I only use 160 listings  a month and never use the inventory system. Thinking about downgrading to save money.

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@copper.boom wrote:

Yes, you can do that with any account.

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/sell/business-policies.html

Edit: Do you have an annual store contract & when is the renewal date? I think you have to pay a fee if you downgrade before it's up. Depending on how much time you have left it might make more sense to keep the higher level for the time being.

But I'd lose SM Pro if you don't need it, for sure.

Yes thanks for your help and your concern. That's why I'm deciding soon what to do because my yearly premium store subscription renews on 6/1. So I should be good. Appreciate all of your help, a lot more thorough than what I'm used to getting... maybe because I've been talking to CS alot too. haha.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 7 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

I only use SM Pro on my main account. The other IDs use Selling Manager quite happily for free.

Selling Manager Pro shouldn't be costing you anything if you have a Premium store or higher. If you move to a non store account then yes SM Pro costs per month.

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Automatic FB is a Pro feature.

I think primarily it's about inventory mgmt though.

Here, i just looked up the link for you: http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/questions/differences-myebay-sm-smpro.html

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/sm-getting-started.html

What's the difference between Selling Manager and Selling Manager Pro?

Both are online selling tools that are designed to help sellers manage their listings and sales.

• Selling Manager helps sellers manage listings, track sales status, and perform post-sales tasks such as leaving Feedback and printing shipping labels.

• Selling Manager Pro provides sellers with an all-in-one solution. It includes all the features of Selling Manager, plus the ability to manage inventory, store reusable listing templates, automatically list and relist items, automate common post-sales tasks, and generate reports about your sales. In addition, Selling Manager Pro lets you edit the emails that eBay automatically sends to buyers.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Oops, that should have said non store or Basic store SM Pro is (I think) $16 a month

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Thanks. I often get confused on terms of SM level and terms of Store level. Turns out free listings and listing fees are tied to Store level, not SM level. Thinking of lowering my store level since business totally tanked.

Do any of you know if SM (non-Pro) still has business policies like I already have in my Pro? I.E. the section where you can set shipping price profiles in your business policies that will change in real-time to whatever listing you have pointed to that shipping profile?

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Edit: Do you have an annual store contract & when is the renewal date? I think you have to pay a fee if you downgrade before it's up. Depending on how much time you have left it might make more sense to keep the higher level for the time being.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

@copper.boom wrote:

Yes thanks for your help and your concern. That's why I'm deciding soon what to do because my yearly premium store subscription renews on 6/1. So I should be good. Appreciate all of your help, a lot more thorough than what I'm used to getting... maybe because I've been talking to CS alot too. haha.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

@copper.boom

Aw **bleep** I meant to click on your response as the solution but I accidentally clicked it on my response after I submitted it. Ha ha ha. It's funny that we can tag our own responses as the solution to our own issues

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

No sweat. Happy to help!

On the old board we were able to unmark a post as accepted solution or mark multiple posts as accepted solution. Not on the new board.

Remember those posts that were 3 pages long and the OP would mark every single post as an accepted solution? Every post was highlighted in green.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

I wonder if you can unclick your solution? Or maybe click coppers and it gets rid of yours?

Crusader Cat is watching

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

@copper.boom wrote:

No sweat. Happy to help!

On the old board we were able to unmark a post as accepted solution or mark multiple posts as accepted solution. Not on the new board.

Remember those posts that were 3 pages long and the OP would mark every single post as an accepted solution? Every post was highlighted in green.

Ha ha ha. The good ol' days. @ymeagainlord sadly no. I tried those two things a split second after I noticed I clicked the wrong post.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

FWIW I requested to have the feature restored on the community board:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Community-Platform-Feedback/Go-to-Accepted-Solution/m-p/27007069#M3720

Message 12 of 12
latest reply