cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer leaves neg feedback after....

Hey I have a few questions for y'all.. I wake up this morning go on eBay and see someone had left me negative feedback so I see witch item it was and the guy received the item 19 days ago!! He did not contact me or anything he just left the feedback without letting me resolve the issue. Now I'm not out to screw anyone and would of refunded him and or took the item back and covered for return shipping.. My question for you is can I have this negative feedback removed? Let me know thanks
Message 1 of 18
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Telling buyers only to "check out the pics before purchase" won't fully protect you.

Not with a very short description like you used:
"Up Forsale is a air box, airbox boot and pro flow air intake off a running LTR 450. Ready to bolt on and ride! No holes or cracks just that little burn mark. Comes as pictured!! "

The Neg you got says it was a Poor Description, and it was.
Especially since you chose the Item Condition as "Used".

Here is what "Used" means in the eBay Motors category:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/item-condition.html#pa
An item that has been used previously. The item may have some signs of cosmetic wear, but is fully operational and functions as intended. This item may be a floor model or store return that has been used. See the seller's listing for full details and description of any imperfections.

Since your listing didn't describe the item was "sanded" or "cut off", the Used category designation over-rides any "look at the pics" disclaimer.

I don't think you have any chance of getting the neg removed, because eBay will think it's justified.

Lynn

Lynn

You love me for everything you hate me for

View Best Answer in original post

Message 6 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Also the item he bought appeared to be in good shape. I always tell buyers to check out the pics before purchase ...
Message 2 of 18
latest reply

Was it's top sanded or cut off?

Your listing doesn't indicate that.

?

Lynn

Lynn

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

Yes I just looked at the pics and compared it to another box and it appears to be the previous owner sanded off tabs so he can put a mesh cover on it. It looks good. The buyer can clearly see in the pic that it was sanded off...
Message 4 of 18
latest reply

If you didn't notice when you held it in your hands, how could the buyer be expected to notice from pictures?

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

Telling buyers only to "check out the pics before purchase" won't fully protect you.

Not with a very short description like you used:
"Up Forsale is a air box, airbox boot and pro flow air intake off a running LTR 450. Ready to bolt on and ride! No holes or cracks just that little burn mark. Comes as pictured!! "

The Neg you got says it was a Poor Description, and it was.
Especially since you chose the Item Condition as "Used".

Here is what "Used" means in the eBay Motors category:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/item-condition.html#pa
An item that has been used previously. The item may have some signs of cosmetic wear, but is fully operational and functions as intended. This item may be a floor model or store return that has been used. See the seller's listing for full details and description of any imperfections.

Since your listing didn't describe the item was "sanded" or "cut off", the Used category designation over-rides any "look at the pics" disclaimer.

I don't think you have any chance of getting the neg removed, because eBay will think it's justified.

Lynn

Lynn

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

@baller508 wrote:
Hey I have a few questions for y'all.. I wake up this morning go on eBay and see someone had left me negative feedback so I see witch item it was and the guy received the item 19 days ago!! He did not contact me or anything he just left the feedback without letting me resolve the issue. Now I'm not out to screw anyone and would of refunded him and or took the item back and covered for return shipping.. My question for you is can I have this negative feedback removed? Let me know thanks

I don't believe you can get it removed under the circumstances, but you can respond to it.

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

You can always try to work things out with your buyer by offering to pay for a return and refunding.  At that time you could ask the buyer if they would be willing to revise the feedback.  Otherwise, I think it will stand.

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

I wonder if your buyer realized that if it was not as described that you would not be charging a restocking fee and that you would be paying for return shipping. Maybe if you contacted him and told him that he would be okay with returning it and removing the feedback. Otherwise, I believe you have to just accept it.

Texy : )

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

Thank you guys appreciate it
Message 10 of 18
latest reply

I have resolved the issue with the buyer!
Message 11 of 18
latest reply

We have a problem! I sent buyer full refund and sent him a feedback revision and when he accepts it it says, we're sorry the item can't be displayed. What's the problem now
Message 12 of 18
latest reply

@baller508 wrote:

I sent buyer full refund and sent him a feedback revision

Why do people make such a fuss over FB?

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 13 of 18
latest reply

Does anyone know why the feedback revision don't work ?

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

@baller508 wrote:
We have a problem! I sent buyer full refund and sent him a feedback revision and when he accepts it it says, we're sorry the item can't be displayed. What's the problem now

A glitch perhaps ? otherwise I've no idea, unless the buyer is lying.

Ask the buyer to try again later.

Message 15 of 18
latest reply