cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Action Required: (my name,but might as well be sucker) please register for managed payments

Latest email from the boss man ebay. Aren't there Federal financial laws that prohibit these kind of moves by a business? I guess we are going to be forced into managed payments one way or the other. I wish the FTC would crawl up ebay's you know what. I think the action required is to find some other way to sell my stuff.

Message 1 of 240
latest reply
239 REPLIES 239

Re: Action Required: (my name,but might as well be sucker) please register for managed payments

@slippinjimmy wrote:

@hillbillymedia wrote:

@dasarock wrote:

@domin-tomas 

yes but if I sign up with one selling id, will they force all others into it also using the same information?  all of my selling id's are linked show to ebay with the same phone number  (maybe I should change some id's to google phones).  

asking because I am considering signing up with one id just to see how everything works...

I was wondering that too because they haven`t even invited me to sign up on my other ID. Not even ONE email about MP on that ID yet they have bombarded me on this ID though. I do not have a store on that ID. If they want more people to join why don`t they invite more people to join instead of forcing the ones that don`t?

They are not "forcing" anyone at this time. What is it in the messages that makes you think you are being "forced" to join?

As far as "wanting more people", up until very recently they were limited by their agreement with PayPal to no more than 5%, I think it's now up to 10%.

One more thing, not 100% positive but I believe if your listings offer GSP they are not eligible for Managed Payments at this time. There are some other restrictions that could result in NOT receiving an invitation.

Oh yes they are. Numerous sellers have received notice that they either sign up by Oct 22nd or else their accounts will be restricted. I'd call that "sign up or else" as being forced.

Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 31 of 240
latest reply

Re: Action Required: (my name,but might as well be sucker) please register for managed payments

@fern*wood wrote:

@slippinjimmy wrote:

They are not "forcing" anyone at this time. What is it in the messages that makes you think you are being "forced" to join?

As far as "wanting more people", up until very recently they were limited by their agreement with PayPal to no more than 5%, I think it's now up to 10%.

One more thing, not 100% positive but I believe if your listings offer GSP they are not eligible for Managed Payments at this time. There are some other restrictions that could result in NOT receiving an invitation.

They actally are forcing some.  Well, if you want to continue listing that is.  I'm guessing today's message might be the lead in to receiving the one with the deadline to join or stop listing.   A copy of that message was posted on the PS board where a date was given to join by or your listing ability ends. 

I haven't read where one ID can join and not others, but I would think that would be confusing anyway.  When I join, I don't want to mess with a seperate process for every ID. 

From what I understand MP is by ID not by Tax info etc, so it's very possible one ID may be "forced" to join while other remain free to stay with PP until it becomes mandatory.

When I asked about this regarding 1099s etc that's what I was told, it's by ID.

Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 32 of 240
latest reply

“Sellers who have joined report high satisfaction and recommend it to other sellers.”

Ha!!!

Message 33 of 240
latest reply

@ed8108 wrote:

Be safe Never Volunteer 

Yep, reminds me of the Army (of way-back-when, you understand), 'I want 3 volunteers - you, you, and you'.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 34 of 240
latest reply

@gracieallen01 wrote:

@ed8108 wrote:

Be safe Never Volunteer 

Yep, reminds me of the Army (of way-back-when, you understand), 'I want 3 volunteers - you, you, and you'.

Good one.

I think Action Required was just too strong of a wording with too strong of a meaning. I love the definition of "Action Required" that Urban Dictionary has. Can't put it here because the sensitive Lithium mods will probably neuter it.

If I get an Action Required email from eBay my response will be ...

Action Required = Goodbye if I am forced into this Managed Payments. Not opening a new bank account just for my few random sales I might have.

Message 35 of 240
latest reply

@readabouthorses wrote:

I think Action Required was just too strong of a wording with too strong of a meaning.

I guess they never heard the story of the sheep that cried wolf!  You should be able to trust something that says "Action Required" to mean that action is required.  Why would we ever believe an "Action Required" email from them again when this was obviously an attempt to mislead you into believing that you must register now?  This shows how desperate they're becoming to have people register when they feel they need to trick you into it with their title phrase!

Believe me, I'm thankful that the body of the message indicated it was still a request for me to join but it certainly felt like a slimy unscrupulous tactic with that title.  Not a very professional act for a large company who should be projecting honesty and legitimacy when they're asking you to let them manage your money!

Message 36 of 240
latest reply

Double-speak betrays trust. I wonder how millennials feel growing up with this type of misuse of words constantly. Those of us who are older find it appalling. 

Message 37 of 240
latest reply

I recieved the message also. My sales also slumped over the past few days. Thing is, it is not compatible to my listings. From what I understand the managed payments does not have the GSP at this time? I use the GSP frequently.  I will not ship internationally outside of the GSP.

Message 38 of 240
latest reply

@mysalonsavings wrote:

I recieved the message also. My sales also slumped over the past few days. Thing is, it is not compatible to my listings. From what I understand the managed payments does not have the GSP at this time? I use the GSP frequently.  I will not ship internationally outside of the GSP.

That is my understanding, also regarding GSP.  Interesting you also received an invite.  Anymore, it is just plain impossible for me to figure out what direction to move in to keep sales steady.

Message 39 of 240
latest reply

I got the same email. 😠

Not doing it..until I HAVE to.  And I might be gone from eBay by then.

Message 40 of 240
latest reply

those of you who have been invited may soon find they are on the outside looking in

you will be given 60 days to join.those who choose not to, have made a choice

the choice you make may have long term connsequences

what makes you think you can just change your mind when you decide to cave in

perhaps you will be made to pay, like waiting 12 months for the next invite to the non believers

this is all just speculation but ebay has to make the numbers work somehow

lots of conjecture for a program that is not yet a genuine program......its more of a concept for now

I have heard that international auctions have all been taken care of

I have heard paypal has joined

ebay has already stated in the advertising that its program is going to cost more for some people,

as in "saving are not guranteed"

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 41 of 240
latest reply

I like the term double speak

I think it can help me to achieve my goals

I am a clear believer in obfuscation

next time  you are on the phone with a CSR,ask them if they are a member

if you do not participate in ebay are you ae bona fide member if you just work there instead?

I am uncertain if ebay employees are members of ebay or not

nothing like some doubletalk

I think advice should come from ebay team mates

like the posters on this board

up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 42 of 240
latest reply

@mg3483 wrote:

I got the same email. 😠

Not doing it..until I HAVE to.  And I might be gone from eBay by then.

@mg3483 and everyone else 

The email you received requesting registration is accurate. As we continue on our path towards managed payments, we will require sellers invited to register. We are being very deliberate in who we invite since we do not yet support Global Shipping Program or eBay Charity Listings yet, yet have been clear that managed payments is coming for all sellers. 

Sellers who have been invited to managed payments can be required to register.

Sellers who haven’t received an email shouldn’t concern themselves with managed payments at this time. 

Thanks for selling on eBay. 

Brian

Join us at eBay Open this September! eBay.com/ebayopen
Message 43 of 240
latest reply

I have to ask

are we allowed to be curious about,talk about a program we are not members of

I know that the rules of engagement state that only members can be talked about,IE all mention of NARU members is forbidden on these boards

are members of MP allowed to comment or are they asked to stay mum about the program?

up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 44 of 240
latest reply

@dasarock wrote:

yes but if I sign up with one selling id, will they force all others into it also using the same information?  all of my selling id's are linked show to ebay with the same phone number  (maybe I should change some id's to google phones).  

asking because I am considering signing up with one id just to see how everything works...

No, not unless all of those IDs received separate invites.

My primary selling account is in managed payments. The others still use PayPal.

Message 45 of 240
latest reply