eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop now
led_speaker_rings
Community Member

ATTENTION SELLERS: BUSINESS POLICIES NOW BEING TURNED ON AUTOMATICALLY FOR SOME SELLERS

Please use plain text.
phlogiston
Community Member

Re: ATTENTION SELLERS: BUSINESS POLICIES NOW BEING TURNED ON AUTOMATICALLY FOR SOME SELLERS

in reply to led_speaker_rings

eBay is so... helpful...

(bursts into tears)

Please use plain text.
Community Member

Re: ATTENTION SELLERS: BUSINESS POLICIES NOW BEING TURNED ON AUTOMATICALLY FOR SOME SELLERS

I dont get it,dont we have them already in our item listing-like 14 days return,5% restocking,paypal accepted?and domestic and worldwide shipping?

Please use plain text.
led_speaker_rings
Community Member

More tips: 

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/business-policies.html#tips

------------------
New policy to get rid of TRS (meaning discount)
Please use plain text.
Community Member

I had them for one id.  when you go to shipping, for instance, you just have to say 'create a policy'.    you name it, say,  FC domestic / FC international", then you pick those like you would have on the regular listing page. so, instead of seeing the usual section in the shipping area when you are listing,  you will see that policy. 

you can create different ones.  so you can have FC dom / FC intl or Priortiy dom / FC intl etc. 

As i recall, you return policy works the same way.  just name a policy and pick the selections (no returns, 14 day etc). 

it was a little strange the first time through but once you have them all set up, you just pick the one you want for that section  for that listing.  

Please use plain text.
gopetersen
Community Member

[ Edited ]

Yikes, I just looked at it.

It appears to be designed for sellers who sell quantities of similar items and might be a nightmare (don't know yet, but potentially) for those who sell a lot of unique and different items.

If I'm understanding correctly, it automatically creates a new policy for each item listed with a slightly different policy and then you have to name and manage the lists.

So, sellers who sell a lot of different hings, to deal with this, we'll probably have to sit down and work out a group of policies and then assign them to listings as we go.

I couldn't tell from the description if you can set up the names and policies first, but I'm hoping this is the case.

Has anyone tried this yet? Apparently it hasn't been turned on for all sellers yet.

Please use plain text.
d-k_treasures
Community Member

in reply to gopetersen

So stupid for the sellers of unique items.

Every change creates a new policy - look at the examples.So if you have different shipping changes on each listing, it's a new policy.

Unreal. Where do they come up with this BS?

I am NOT a follower.
Please use plain text.
pattonsmom
Community Member

I ran into this when I started selling on this acct. Can we turn it off - I don't know. The one thing I do like is that I do mostly free shipping on the other acct and wanted to see what it was like to charge shipping and lower my sale price  on this acct with shorter Buy it Now durations. I've created 3 policies for shipping - and have to say it's easier to just pick one of my policies when listing for the shipping charges than manually change things. At first it was like visiting another planet setting all these things up tho because I am not a computer wiz by any means.

Please use plain text.
led_speaker_rings
Community Member

in reply to pattonsmom

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/business-policies.html#tips  

Has tips to turn it off. I guess

------------------
Please use plain text.
led_speaker_rings
Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to pattonsmom

I sell same type of items. So it might work for me. We will see, I'm not scared to change as long as the change don't make me pull my hairs out... 

------------------
Please use plain text.
rmge
Community Member

in reply to d-k_treasures

d-k_treasures wrote:

So stupid for the sellers of unique items.

Every change creates a new policy - look at the examples.So if you have different shipping changes on each listing, it's a new policy.

Unreal. Where do they come up with this BS?

I read through the link.  I don't get it either. We need to conjecture why this is being done.  There has to be some reason for it.  This is a method that some basic selling websites have been using for a long time now.  I don't see how it benefits anyone, but I know we have very intelligent people on this board and someone will come up with the reasoning.  Or not.

It sounds like a lot of makework to me and listing is no fun to start with.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

For many years,EBAY sellers do not want to leave Ebay,as it is the place to sell.

Some day some of us are just tired of this and that and would go elsewhere,it may not be too diffcult to convince us to pack up and leave.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to gopetersen

I have it an like it, but I sell multiples and quantities.

When you first sign up or they sign you up, it will have created policies.

You can go in and change the name of the policies to whatever you like.

first, there is a place at the top to combine like policies, to shrink the amount of polices down.

If you only have 1 payment policy on all your listing begin by getting as many as possible in one (you want to get the quantity of policies down.

Do the same for your return policy.

I use flat rate shipping so, it was fairly easy for me.  I have about 10 different shipping policies, 1 payment policy and 1 return policy

I actually like it.

It takes a bit of time to set up and organize, but once it done you only go in when you need to add another shipping policy

Please use plain text.
thegolfingdolphin
Community Member

It is not designed to override your current policies.  It is designed for you to offer a wider range of policies as it relates to different categories of products.  Once you have a few set policies it is easy to chose which one works for different items.  It is al;so very easy to create new ones while you are listings.  This is a good  thing not some kind of control grab.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to thegolfingdolphin

So if you have different shipping changes on each listing, it's a new policy.

Maybe they are hoping you will just give up and create one shipping policy called "Free Shipping" :smileyhappy:

Unlucky

Please use plain text.
Community Member

[ Edited ]

thegolfingdolphin wrote:

It is not designed to override your current policies.  It is designed for you to offer a wider range of policies as it relates to different categories of products.  Once you have a few set policies it is easy to chose which one works for different items.  It is al;so very easy to create new ones while you are listings.  This is a good  thing not some kind of control grab.

LOL.

C'mon. Seriously? This is eBay we are talking about. 

"DSRs are merely a tool- they'll never be used to punish sellers".

Renegade SOLIDARNOSC
Please use plain text.
thegolfingdolphin
Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to gramophone-georg

gramophone-georg wrote:

thegolfingdolphin wrote:

LOL.

C'mon. Seriously? This is eBay we are talking about. 

"DSRs are merely a tool- they'll never be used to punish sellers".

If you have not used it I think your crediability is ZERO.  I have it and it is very good for us.  If you just have one Shipping detail then it will use the one shipping profile you have stored for everything. 

I have never seem so much paranoia based on little to no knowledge about something as I have in the last few days here.  Read and learn something today.

Please use plain text.
d-k_treasures
Community Member

in reply to unluckytheloser

unluckytheloser wrote:

So if you have different shipping changes on each listing, it's a new policy.

Maybe they are hoping you will just give up and create one shipping policy called "Free Shipping" :smileyhappy:

Unlucky

I believe we have a winner ....

I am NOT a follower.
Please use plain text.
jake-square-deals
Community Member

I totally agree w/ MG...This should be gnawed-on & food for thought ( or non-thoughts )

ONE side is....Its just useless painful busy-work & smacks of hoop-jumping

The Other side is...As a buyer this should streamline the decision to purchase from a seller, make it easier, as now the terms can be more consistant & up-front + ide wager that this would also help for mobile buying formatting.

So there it is...its either nasty useless make busy hoop-jumping OR its a progressive move towards making things more standard & eaiser for buyers

Mmmmmm Calamari

.........................................................................................................................................

“Ninety-nine percent of the failures come from people who have the habit of making excuses.”

–George Washington Carver

Please use plain text.
volvo351
Community Member

Thanks for the heads-up; I'll see if I can find out how the Two-Headed Monster "helped" me run my biz this time. 

BTW, most of the items I have listed are now Local Pickup Only which should cut out a lot of the nonsense.

Please use plain text.