cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7 day suspension for duplicate listing

I just got an email from eBay saying I am suspended from listing any new items on eBay for 7 days. I won't get into the whole "I don't even know how I had a duplicate listing" thing. I relist things one at a time. And sounds like they won't reconsider......that's what others have mentioned when I searched this topic in the threads. But I do have a question, are the rest of the listings that I currently have searchable and still being seen by buyers? I've had 3 things bid on today but no fixed price listing sales. Does this suspension affect what I already have listed?
Serene

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
3 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Your current listings are up and running. You just cannot list anything new.

This quest stands on the edge of a blade...stray but a little and you shall fail to the ruin of us all.
"The Lady Galadriel"

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

I see 307 items. I think it is for listing only.
Use the dupe listing tool once a day after you relist if you have to.
Many make the mistake while bulk listing because it sometimes freezes, We are all human
Sorry they feel the need to slap your hand for a simple mistake
This takes 2 seconds just entire your user ID & ebay site

http://www.isdntek.com/ebaytools/DuplicateListings.htm

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

I am sorry this has happened to you. It is just wrong. The foreign sellers sometimes have 30 - 40 listings of the same thing, yet there they are hogging up all the good spots on the search.

I am like you in that I list things individually. I have gotten so that I take a quick look at least once a day at my items to make sure that I do not have items listed more than once. I started last month when I discovered that an item I had sold in December suddenly turned up in my listings. When I looked I found two duplicate items. I know that I did not list them, yet there they were. That went on for about a week. Every day I found a new duplicate. Just as mysteriously, it stopped after a week. Sometimes it was a duplicate listing and sometimes it was an item that had sold a month or two earlier reappearing. I assume that it was some sort of glitch because while I do believe that Ebay is perfectly capable of being ridiculously stupid at times, I do not believe they would deliberately create duplicate listings on purpose. Now creating them accidently is entirely in the realm of possibilities.

Message 4 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Your current listings are up and running. You just cannot list anything new.

This quest stands on the edge of a blade...stray but a little and you shall fail to the ruin of us all.
"The Lady Galadriel"
Message 2 of 16
latest reply

I see 307 items. I think it is for listing only.
Use the dupe listing tool once a day after you relist if you have to.
Many make the mistake while bulk listing because it sometimes freezes, We are all human
Sorry they feel the need to slap your hand for a simple mistake
This takes 2 seconds just entire your user ID & ebay site

http://www.isdntek.com/ebaytools/DuplicateListings.htm

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

I am sorry this has happened to you. It is just wrong. The foreign sellers sometimes have 30 - 40 listings of the same thing, yet there they are hogging up all the good spots on the search.

I am like you in that I list things individually. I have gotten so that I take a quick look at least once a day at my items to make sure that I do not have items listed more than once. I started last month when I discovered that an item I had sold in December suddenly turned up in my listings. When I looked I found two duplicate items. I know that I did not list them, yet there they were. That went on for about a week. Every day I found a new duplicate. Just as mysteriously, it stopped after a week. Sometimes it was a duplicate listing and sometimes it was an item that had sold a month or two earlier reappearing. I assume that it was some sort of glitch because while I do believe that Ebay is perfectly capable of being ridiculously stupid at times, I do not believe they would deliberately create duplicate listings on purpose. Now creating them accidently is entirely in the realm of possibilities.

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

That has happened to me a good bit as well! I have no reason to list something twice....it only messes me up in the long run. I am going to use that tool! I don't want to go through this again. Thanks so much for the response. It's really frustrating as this is my JOB not a hobby.
Serene

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

Thank you!!
Serene

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

ONLY 7? I'm suspended for 30 days.
Message 7 of 16
latest reply

What?! I am so sorry that's happening to you! I hope you can call and get them to lift that or at least greatly reduce it.
Serene

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

I called and basicslly PLEADED over an hour the reasons this was unjust. I have been suspended for 1 day prior to this violation. To go from 1 day to 30 days seems a bit extreme. It was an honest mistake-as I'm sure was the case with you. The tech is "appealing " this after I pulled teeth-this lady was not budging. I will hear back in 4 days-I'm fairly certain the syspension will remain. By day 30 I will have nothing listed. I, too, believe this is a job. It seems silly to go after stay at home moms who nickel & dime. Well, the lesson I learned is: Be afraid to relist anything. I dont have the resources to keep track of over 200 listings. I relisted because it did not indicate it was relisted according to my "unsold" inbox. I must have relisted it and deleted it'but I still dont understand how I made this mistake. Thats unteresting, though, that you received 7 and I get 30. Was this your first violation?
Message 9 of 16
latest reply

Yes.....this was my first violation. I had caught duplicate items in my listings and ended them myself several times before. I try to be ultra careful about this because it's such a frustration and the last thing I want to do is have one item purchased twice. But it's a tech thing on ebays part! I see things show up in my unsold that I thought I had already listed, but have trusted the system more than my memory and relisted. From now on, I will use the duplicate listing app every day. I don't want to go through this again!
Serene

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

Why do some sellers get away with duplicate listings?

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

I have my unsold listings set to "Not Yet Relisted" on the drop drown right about them.  When I relist something it disappears from my unsolds.  I don't have to look through them and have yet to have a duplicate happen.

Maybe this is what everyone does but it seems to work fine for me.

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

Me got in big trouble for saying a word on the chat group. LOL it wasnt a bad word in anyway either. silly silly company

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

There is at least one seller who consistently has duplicates of several items.  Ebay doesn't hand them a suspension because they sell and list again.  The rules are different for some sellers.

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

I idid not know about this site, tahnks. I wonder why does ebay not tell you about it.

Message 15 of 16
latest reply