eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
bubbleman2010
Community Member

Re: 2014 How To Increase Sales

in reply to prettywoman-2012

pretty it's kind of like we're whalers. I've been on the slimp boat long enough to know you don't have to chum to see Mobey Dicked break the surface of the cesspool..

Please use plain text.
bubbleman2010
Community Member

in reply to karenhopeart

karen no easy way for arts and prints. I tend to avoid them because they all carry big resell numbers according to Davenports,but you can't give them away on ebay...

Please use plain text.
eeeeekkkkk
Community Member

in reply to karenhopeart

I always look for Smoke free home now. I purchased a pair of shoes that stunk so bad of smoke, I had to put outside to air out for a week. I also will always remember opening a package and it was like the seller puffed smoke in the bag before sealing, it was so bad. As for pet hair, I always add this also due to some people are extremely allergic to cats or dogs as they probably look for this in the listings. I add both these to be considerate to buyers.

Please use plain text.
karenhopeart
Community Member

in reply to bubbleman2010

bub,

Some prints are very good.

After a lot more research, some I would never buy again.

I now have a list of NO BUY by artist name :smileyhappy:

Live and learn. Have a great charm I TOOK OFF my computer LOL

Now the lucky charm goes with me shopping. FOR REAL  :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
adf07bid
Community Member

is that what hes doing? I thought he was just speaking giberish....
Please use plain text.
bubbleman2010
Community Member

in reply to karenhopeart

I have a davenports guide in my truck to help research listed artists before I purchase if they aren't listed I don't buy because you have to factor price by the eye of the beholder and thats a tough trick to pull off on the internut that works better in real life impluse buying..

Please use plain text.
bubbleman2010
Community Member

New davenports are around a $100.00,but you go to a 5 to 10 year old book for $20.00 and use it for research real valuable tool to have in your toolbox of tricks..

Please use plain text.
karenhopeart
Community Member

in reply to adf07bid

ad,

Sometimes, he/she  does pretty good. :smileyhappy:

BUT, you have to work at getting the message. LOL

Not sure If a he..........you never know?

With Bub, love him because no work, simple take it or leave it.

Please use plain text.
adkhighker
Community Member

bubbleman2010 wrote:

I have a davenports guide in my truck to help research listed artists before I purchase if they aren't listed I don't buy because you have to factor price by the eye of the beholder and thats a tough trick to pull off on the internut that works better in real life impluse buying..

Davenports is a must. Only problem is it takes up the entire passenger seat in my truck, it's so big. Then again, if they ever used font that you could actually see, the darn thing would be bigger than a vw beatle and twice as heavy.

Please use plain text.
karenhopeart
Community Member

in reply to karenhopeart

Bub,

Thank you. You told me that a long time ago. :smileyhappy:

Have 5 research books for art now since your suggestion.

Funny, 2 of the books are worth more than most of my prints.

Please use plain text.
bubbleman2010
Community Member

in reply to karenhopeart

I prefer my style because you can kind of be laid back and munch on hotdogs and watch as the herd runs by looking for the sick and weak to cull. It takes way to much money to chase down those in fit items...

Please use plain text.
mr.elmwood
Community Member

in reply to adf07bid

adf07bid wrote:
is that what hes doing? I thought he was just speaking giberish....

I know Jake a little bit. I get the drift of Bublè. Reading the printed message does not convey who either are. The trick is to know the route they travelled. I know more of Jake's route than I do Bublè's.  Bublè gives hints and then quickly backs away.

I have a mental list of those who I would love to gather around a table with food and libations. The online persona seldom represents the actual person. The basic anonymity of "You can't see me".

Despite the acrimony, insults, outright daggers, read the between the lines. This is a scary intelligent group. Grasp of concept is instantaneous. Acceptance on this board requires: quick wit, years of ebay, elephant thick hide, a wildly variable history, peripherial vision.

Ya ever see someone's name attached to a response and ya just gotta see what they have to say ........

Please use plain text.
karenhopeart
Community Member

in reply to prettywoman-2012

PW,

Have to think over this again.

Almost all my listings had the message at first.

Went to only a few that I knew for sure from smoke and pet estates.

Make a long story short, a buyer emailed me and said ( I QUOTE )

I do not buy from ANY SELLER who cares If I smoke.

So not sure now. ?????

Please use plain text.
bubbleman2010
Community Member

in reply to mr.elmwood

It's not real hard to figure me out jake doesn't like my style because he knows I'm a shooting star seller  pushed over a million dollars worth of merchandise through ebay. I promote nothing that I don't practice in my ebay selling and by nature if I can turn a light bulb on in another sellers head which results in them putting money in their pocket I feel I've accomplished something. Promoting ebay hoop jumping as a means of maybe putting more money in your pocket hasn't worked in the past and probably won't work in the future it's just a make work project to take your mind of just how dismal ebay really is...

Please use plain text.
bubbleman2010
Community Member

It would be neat if you could compress years of knowledge into a 30 min. How to book,but then everyone would read it and we'd all have to find another ave. to increase our income..

Please use plain text.
karenhopeart
Community Member

bub,

I have a book from the post on the boards.

How many pages of really good advise.  15

Copied into word any and all GOOD BAD of eBay I need to know.

To bad can't copy all the glitch fix, since nobody knows how to fix them.

Please use plain text.
gopetersen
Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to miriam3377

"Not a seller, but a buyer...I am always put off by this, "from a smoke free, pet free home." Why, because in most cases it defines the seller as someone non professional."

That information is there as a courtesy for people with allergies. It's very important, in fact, for those with pet dander allergies and it's a pain for them to have to email the seller to ask, so they probably appreciate it being in the listing.

Please use plain text.
bubbleman2010
Community Member

in reply to karenhopeart

karen we humans have had 1000s of years to perfect the art of buying and selling and some 50 grand a year cube rat thinks they've just come up with a better than sliced bread idea to improve that art. It's not going to happen so you just grab marketshare and implement fee mandatory this and fee mandatory that to help increase your bottom line. As marketshare errodes those left standing have to absorb higher costs of buying and selling thats where ebay is at today. If USPS raises postage rates in 014 probably 25% to 30% of merchandise listed on ebay will become really dead end due to fees incured..

Please use plain text.
bubbleman2010
Community Member

I used to put my packages in a little red wagon and pull it to the post office. I'd put winky in so he could ride along and nothing would make me madder than to look back and winky was rubbing cat spit on my packages...

Please use plain text.
karenhopeart
Community Member

If USPS raises postage rates in 014 probably 25% to 30% of merchandise listed on ebay will become really dead end due to fees incurred..

I hope the increase to regular postage stamp allows USPS not to go up.

That is a very good point !!!!!  This is why I love the s/c board.

You get information you don't think about but SHOULD.

This is the difference of a kinda still a newbie like me and a seasoned seller.  

Please use plain text.