eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop Deals
Community Member

payment reminder sent after 48 hours really confuse buyer

We can edit payment reminder before , but now, SM will only send it after 48 hours,I do not think it's long enough to send reminder, most of my customer are still shopping, I need to answer a lot of questions now about this reminder. Will SM make some changes , after all we are users, it's not conveniences at all now.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Re: payment reminder sent after 48 hours really confuse buyer

in reply to justinit-jew
The sending of reminders after only 48 hours is more like harassment, to the buyer. I have had numerous buyers in the past who have asked about paying in 5 to 7 days and I agree to such an arrangement but now eBay sends a reminder after 48 hours making me look like a "fool" after agreeing to allow the extended payment period. Just another way for buyers to have a reason to give negative or neutral feedback. I guess this will help eBay to not give discounts to Power Sellers or Top Rated Sellers. I have already vented my displeasure over the new policy. We can not even opt out of this situation. I have also had eBay sent two reminders to customers within a one hour period, that is really harassment!!!!!!!!!!!
Please use plain text.
pacificscentworks
Community Member

in reply to justinit-jew
It's outrageous and ebay, once again, hasn't thought this out before implementing it! Talk about spamming the buyers to death! How can sellers encourage buyers to purchase multiple items when the buyers are being pestered with payment reminders like this?

They can't....because sellers will be too busy doing constant damage control in an attempt to save their reputation....all over actions that sellers can't even control.

Oh, the irony.....

Ebay policy makers are *so* out of touch.....and it's been my belief for years that those who make policies should be required to live with them....i.e. be a seller!
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to justinit-jew
It is more than that, I checked my settings recently and I can no longer uncheck automatic shipping notices, or payment reminders

Obviously we are all sales staff for ebay and have no relations to our own customer, sorry obviously we have no customers they belong to ebay/paypal
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to justinit-jew
The sending of reminders after only 48 hours is more like harassment, to the buyer. I have had numerous buyers in the past who have asked about paying in 5 to 7 days and I agree to such an arrangement but now eBay sends a reminder after 48 hours making me look like a "fool" after agreeing to allow the extended payment period. Just another way for buyers to have a reason to give negative or neutral feedback. I guess this will help eBay to not give discounts to Power Sellers or Top Rated Sellers. I have already vented my displeasure over the new policy. We can not even opt out of this situation. I have also had eBay sent two reminders to customers within a one hour period, that is really harassment!!!!!!!!!!!

I use it as an opportunity to poke at ebay - I reply to the buyer and mention that we are both in the same boat in dealing with ebay .. but "don't worry, no matter what they do, we will make it work out to your convenience and satisfaction. I'm on your side :smileyhappy: "
Please use plain text.
pacificscentworks
Community Member

in reply to justinit-jew
I use it as an opportunity to poke at ebay - I reply to the buyer and mention that we are both in the same boat in dealing with ebay .. but "don't worry, no matter what they do, we will make it work out to your convenience and satisfaction. I'm on your side :smileyhappy: "[/quote]

I'm doing this, too! Ebay is trying to wear the white hat but with their method, it's not working! Everyone (sellers & buyers) are being spammed to death and, as a result, the general opinion is just to ignore all emails coming directly from ebay and not me, personally...which, in reality, isn't the outcome ebay intended! I have to laugh about it all...for the only other alternative is insanity! *winks*
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to justinit-jew
This is really annoying, at first I thought this was a seller being rude - second a phishing scam. I do not like it!
Please use plain text.
pocomocomputing
Community Member

in reply to justinit-jew
I found a reference to email changes in the Fall eBay updates here. They must have started implementing this policy in Dec. So it appears it has nothing to do with Selling Manager or Selling Manager Pro. It is an eBay system change. The payment reminder harassment is here to stay. And it is not just 1 reminder but two within 4 days. Great going eBay! Watch your seller feedback neutrals and negatives increase and DSR's go down!

It took a while to figure this issue out but I am very sure this is the cause of the problem. It is an eBay change!

http://pages.ebay.com/sell/July2009U...index.html#3-3

The specific text is

Managing buyer emails made easy: Email updates will make it faster and easier to respond to buyer questions and manage your email with buyers.

See the whole thread: Whether you prefer to manage buyer emails in eBay My Messages or in your own email inbox, conversations will be "threaded" so you can see the entire communication stream.
Some of eBay's post-transaction emails to buyers are being streamlined. You'll be able to customize these emails through Selling Manager Pro. The improved post-transaction emails will be:

Payment Reminder: Only goes out if the buyer hasn't paid after 48 hours (first reminder) and 96 hours (second reminder) after committing to buy. Coming soon: Sellers will be able to have the 96-hour email coincide with an automated triggering of an unpaid item claim.

Order Confirmation: Sent when the buyer completes checkout and pays.

Order Update: Sent when the seller marks item as shipped or uploads tracking information.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please use plain text.
pocomocomputing
Community Member

in reply to justinit-jew
Bad link

correct link is

http://pages.ebay.com/sell/July2009Update/Details/index.html#3-3
Please use plain text.