cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

we sell only on ebay motors and turbo lister is going away....which is the best listing tool

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

we sell only on ebay motors and turbo lister is going away....which is the best listing tool

Hi, @dkmotosports.

eBay recommends that everyone switches to the seller hub: http://www.ebay.com/sh/landing.

https://bio.link/langs
Message 2 of 13
latest reply

i already switched to that but i'm looking for a listing tool very similar to turbo lister.
thanks
Message 3 of 13
latest reply

I saw this post, and wanted to help you out.

Here is some alternatives to the ebay listing tool:

dewabit

CrazyLister

Xpress Lister

GarageSale (only available to MAC users)

Wonder Lister

Auctiva

SixBit 

Vendio

My only advice is be extremely careful using anything off ebay site.  We tried out Three of these alternatives to turbo lister.  We found that some of the features were lagging on other alternatives, or we ran into errors.

Being that said, when we first inquired about the services (being the THREE alternatives that we used, to turbo lister), we found that the customer service was more than helpful.  However, once signed up and if you experience any issues or if you have questions, they fail to respond or fix the problem at hand.  In fact, two of these services told us to fix the problem yourself and sent us a bunch of links.   I'm not computer or techy savvy, so the link solutions just didn't work for my business.

Just a suggestion, Make sure to be sign-up for the FREE TRIAL service only.  Try it out, and if not satisfied then I would immediately unsubscribe and essentially, try another.   Some of the subscriptions are very limited being 15 days or less.  So, I would be ready to jump into the alternative tool and only try out the features that would benefit your business needs.

Also, be aware of PRICING, if you decide to keep trying the alternative listing tools after FREE TRIAL ends.   I'm a micro-business and I noticed alot of these alternatives are quite pricey.   But, then for a medium or larger business, price may not be an issue.

I can't make a recommendation, because I'm still searching for a alternative to turbo lister that suits my business needs.  And each seller has different needs in seeking certain features.

However, I'm currently using the ebay SELLER HUB listing tool and for now its the best alternative, but alot of work considering we use specific turbo lister features.

I hope this helps you and the community out....

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

@ezmonsterdeals

Please post which three tools you used and why you did not like each one for your needs. Your post is very interesting but too general in helping others decide what might work for them and which tools to avoid.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

I apoligize, I'm unable to respond with the three alternatives that I used in case, someone from those companies are reading this for legal reasons.  Its essentially up to the seller to do their homework and research the products themselves.  I'm unable to give direct product advice.  I can only provide some guidance...

Good luck in your search.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

I really hope they choose not to get rid of Turbolister.  All they're gaining from doing so is the abstract peace of mind that they've "done out with the old and in with the new."  This of course is worth nothing.  They'll lose sellers and thus customers over it, and have to pay development and customer service costs to try to get Seller Hub to replace it which it is nowhere near doing.  When your ROI is an abstract peace of mind, you've got an issue.  EBay, lots of companies have grandfathered stuff that would be unprofitable to remove, chill out!  It will be interesting to read all the threads that come out of it though.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

I was told the turbo lister scrapping in June has been put on hold ...fingers crossed

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

just got this message from ebay.

Dear Valued eBay Seller,
Beginning in June 2017, TurboLister will see a few changes as we move to our easy-to-use Seller Hub platform. Though Turbolister will no longer be available to new sellers, and no new features will be added, existing sellers can still use it and access technical support for it.
As we continue to build out Seller Hub listings capabilities, we would appreciate you taking a few minutes to provide your feedback by completing this survey.
Thank you for selling on eBay
The Seller Experience Team

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

@ezmonsterdeals wrote:

I apoligize, I'm unable to respond with the three alternatives that I used in case, someone from those companies are reading this for legal reasons.  Its essentially up to the seller to do their homework and research the products themselves.  I'm unable to give direct product advice.  I can only provide some guidance...

Good luck in your search.

why would you have to worry about legal reasons. we are in the United States, and we have free speech.

Unless, you have a contract with the 3 companies, or at least one of them, then you have nothing to worry about. just ludicrious to hear this

slander and anything else can only get you in trouble if you say something not factual. thats the law.

Ive been there, done that, and won. i know.

so know if your being truthfull post the 3

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Understood! With the right of free speech also comes the right to say nothing, and any level in between. On a venue where the members are anonymous, your caution is justified.

Winning battles, seldom pays one for their time or stress.

If you could tell us generally...What flaws did you find in the tools you tested. Instead of steering users away from an particular product, you might show others what to look for in testing these products for themselves.

Have you tried (no specific reference is needed) any of the listing tools designed for parts categories?

See this link - http://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/listing/listing-advanced-sellers/third-party-listing-tools.html#...

eBay is continually updating this site. Some advice given may have changed. Please reply to this thread, to let us know if this advice works for you. The links on the bottom of any eBay page can help you deal with most eBay issues. Contact eBay Customer Service on Facebook.com/eBay or Twitter.com/AskeBay
Message 11 of 13
latest reply

@dkmotosports wrote:

just got this message from ebay.

Dear Valued eBay Seller,
Beginning in June 2017, TurboLister will see a few changes as we move to our easy-to-use Seller Hub platform. Though Turbolister will no longer be available to new sellers, and no new features will be added, existing sellers can still use it and access technical support for it.
As we continue to build out Seller Hub listings capabilities, we would appreciate you taking a few minutes to provide your feedback by completing this survey.
Thank you for selling on eBay
The Seller Experience Team

In the Weekly Session, questions were asked on what the above meant. Here is a reply from eBay in post 17 of this Weekly Session May 3, 2017.

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Weekly-Chat-with-eBay-Staff/Weekly-Community-Chat-May-3rd-1pm-PT-Genera...

Good afternoon! While TurboLister is slated to no longer be supported in the near future, the tool will still be available for a short time thereafter - we simply are no longer going to be providing updates to keep it current. At some point after enough updates have passed on eBay, the tool will no longer function as intended. We intend to replicate the features of TurboLister in the Seller Hub and you are also welcome to check out other third party tools that may meet your needs if you would like!

eBay makes so many changes to their site that Turbo Lister will only last a few months before not working properly. Worse, it may create incorrect listings or not what the seller intended. The 2017 Fall Seller Update will probably break it.

Farther on in the same weekly session in post 45 more about Turbo Lister.

Here is some clarification on your specific questions:

Q1: We won't be "cutting off" current users, there will simply be a point where the tool no longer works properly as our developers will not be supporting it and keeping it current. If you have TurboLister, you will still be able to use it until it is no longer compatible with the eBay site.

Q2: The download link is no longer on the site, so this is what we mean when we say it is no longer available. This ties into Q2A that as long as you have the installer, you will be able to use that version of TurboLister. This may not be the most up to date version depending on when you originally got the installer and you can still reach out to turbodata@eBay.com for help getting the latest version possible.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

I've had a great experience using SixBit. I'm a former Turbo Lister user and the switch was one of the best decisions I've made.

The difference is like moving from an old rotary phone to a new cellphone. They both work and there's a bit of a learning curve (as there is with anything new) but in the end....wow!

You can read more in this review http://ebaylistingtoolreview.weebly.com

VintageCarMagazines

Message 13 of 13
latest reply