eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop Deals
Community Member

NEGATIVE FEEDBACK FOR NON-PAYING "BUYERS"

Two more so called "buyers" this week that never paid.

Thanks ebay for letting sellers leave negative feedback for these deadbeats so that we can warn other sellers not to sell to them.

OH... WAIT>>>>>>>>>>>>

SELLERS CAN'T LEAVE NEGATIVE FEEDBACK FOR THESE SCUMBAGS, CAN WE NOW ? HMMM ?!?

That's really great ebay, you allow "buyers" who return unopened packages to lie and leave negative feedback saying the item was not as described when they never even looked at the item.

You allow "buyers" to leave negative feedback when they demand a lower price than they bid for an item and the seller says no.

You encourage sellers to give refunds for items without the "buyer" returning the item.

Of course you encourage "buyers" to leave false negative feedback so that you can take away a good sellers discount for no reason other than to feed your greed.

You surely wouldn't want to protect your sellers, who are the ones paying your bills by the way, from these creeps.

You allow these repeat offenders to tie up sellers items for no less than 8 days before ebay returns the final value fee (without interest). Thanks for that also.

Really nice ebay.

Your sellers absolutely LOVE being mistreated by you.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

Re: NEGATIVE FEEDBACK FOR NON-PAYING "BUYERS"

in reply to 717a7x

YOU ARE 100% CORRECT THERE IS NO PROTECTION FOR SELLERS...EBAY SHOULD TAKE CARE OF SELLERS BECASUE SELLERS ARE PAYING FOR FEES NOT BUYERS.EBAY HAVE THE RIGHTS TO REMOVE UNNECESSARY FEEDBACKS.AND SELLER CANNOT CONTACT THE EBAY EASILY.VERY VERY HARD TO CONTACT THE EBAY SUPPORT NOW A DAYS...PHONE CUSTOMER SUPPORT IT NOT EASY TO CONTACT THEM...LIVE CHAT MUST BE A GOOOOOOD.....

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to 717a7x

Well said...I agree 100% that we as sellers SHOULD be able to leave Neg. Feedback for the dead beat bidders to warn fellow sellers.By the way I had 6 non paying duds last week. so yes,My items will be tied up until Ebay gives them their window of opportunity to pay...And you know they wont..Ebay better look out for their sellers as Amazon is gonna steam roll them further.Amazon has great customer support,Easy Listing and PAYING BUYERS.I have never had a Buyer on Amazon NOT PAY.,,,,GO FIGURE..Buyers will continue to stiff us because Ebay doesnt give a dam...

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to 717a7x

Agree 100%

The "non paying bidder strike" obviously DOES NOT WORK EBAY..........(ARE YOU LISTENING) because the same "buyers" continue to do it.

Protect your sellers..........we are how you make money.

I struggle with the reasoning for this. How does ebay make more money by not allowing sellers to leave negative feedback? Once that question is answered, we'll know the whole story.

it's all about money with eBay.

This will not be changed until we start to sell on alternate auction sites.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to 717a7x

I am adding another vote for this ridiculousness.  I've had 3 of my previous auctions go unpaid simply because the buyer changed their mind after the auction was over.  Remember when placing a bid was a binding contract to agree to pay if you were the winner?

At least it is possible to recover the completed sale fees (after several days when the dead beat bidders don't even reply to the cancel auction email).  But seriously, this may be the very last time I attempt to sell anything on ebay if I can't even mark accurate and documented flake-bidding behavior.  What a circus this place has become.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to 717a7x

I frankly don't understand the logic that allows a buyer to leave negative feedback for any reason but a seller cannot even leave negative feedback even for a @#$ $%^& NON-PAYING BUYER!  What is the problem with warning other sellers away from some dead-beat that ties up your product for 4 days or more without some REAL CONSEQUENCES? These bums know that they can screw four sellers before anything happens.

This just isn't fair!

If eBay won't allow negative feedback for a non-paying buyer then they should at least allow a "NON-PAYING BUYER" mark to be left by the damaged seller so that other sellers see that this person isn't reliable. No where else in the business world is a person who doesn't pay their bills insulated from other sellers in this fashion. And don't try to make me feel better by refunding the final value fees. What about my listing fees and relisting fees and what about lost opportunity cost? This policy reminds me of our federal government that rewards the non-producer in our country at the expense of the producer.

I wonder if eBay would let me skip paying their seller's invoice to me for four months before suspending my selling privileges. I think not! Well that's my two cents worth.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to 717a7x

These bidders are not non paying buyers. they are strokers!  If you are truley tired of all the BS from ebay call them, 1-800-322-8693 this is the outreach line. They may do little but if we all call enough they may start to listen? Bitching here does little because ebay won't bother reading this, but the calling might help. I posted a idea to stop selling for one week but I see that has gotten little support. How do you expect them to hear the seller if we do not do something extreme??????

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to 717a7x

Fifteen percent of my sales go unpaid. I had one woman string me along for a month saying she was going to pay me when she got her disability pay. She never did pay while meanwhile she spent $100s on other Ebay purchases. She got 10 unpaid strikes from me. She called Ebay to call me to see if I would take the unpaid strikes away. I said "no" but they did it anyway. She got no unpaid strikes at all!!!!

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to 717a7x

How do you know if a buyer has unpaid strikes? Is there a way to find out about someone who has bid on your item?

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to 717a7x

YOU GO!! EBAY STATES THEY WANT TO HEAR HOW THEY ARE DOING, WELLL! VERY POORLY! WE AS SELLERS HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO PROTECTION AT ALL AND THE SELLER FEES ARE RISING ALMOST DAILY. I JUST WAS LEFT NEGATIVE FEEDBACK FOR NOT ACCEPTING A RETURN BECAUSE THE PERSON DECIDED THEY DIDN'T LIKE THE OAKLEYS AFTER ALL AND GOSH THEY JUST DON'T LOOK RIGHT ON THEIR FACE, WHICH SCREWED MY 100% MY LISTINGS STATE NO RETURNS AND ALL SALES ARE FINAL ECT. ALL OVER THEM, AND AT THE SAME TIME I HAVE TO DEAL WITH THREE DEADBEATS WHO WON'T PAY. WHERE IS THE END? IS EBAY REALLY GOING TO PROTECT US AND WHEN, WHEN WE CAN'T AFFORD TO SELL ANYMORE DUE TO ALL OF THE B.S. IT REALLY MAKES YOU REALIZE HOW IMPORTANT YOU ARE TO THEM!

Please use plain text.
shadyl8d
Community Member

in reply to 717a7x

Since ebay does not allow us to verbally express our opinion for these deadbeats why won't ebay have a DSR rating for the buyers such as the sellers have:  ie:  Prompt Payment;  Paid in 4 days, paid in 7 days 0 payment, O Communication.  Something to that nature that ebay has full control over but gives the sellers away to make sure there voice is heard.

Just a thought.  GO FOR IT EBAY!!

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to 717a7x

I'd just like to add my agreement to this post. I had only 3 auctions up 2 weeks ago, all of them bought, but none of them paid for. Very annoying, and unfair that I can't put a mark on their accounts to warn other sellers.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to 717a7x

That's a very clever idea shady. This should encourage bidders to keep a clean record much as their zeal to accumolate feedback.

Please use plain text.
shadyl8d
Community Member

in reply to 717a7x

Exactly!  If ebay controls the questions they would better reconize the sellers disappointments, time and energy which=$

for all concerned and eliminate these non-payers  or jokesters.

Please use plain text.
buyorsell888
Community Member

in reply to 717a7x

Make sure you open and properly close Unpaid Item Cases against all deadbeat buyers.You can't see the strikes but they are held against them eventually....

Make sure that your Buyer Requirements are set to "Block All Buyers with 2 NPB Strikes in 12 Months"

eBay no longers NARUs buyers upon third strikes BUT you CAN block them.

You can check monthly and see how many buyers your Buyer Requirements have blocked and why.....I see deadbeats blocked for too many NPB strikes every month....

I have buyers who I have blocked blocked from contacting me too so they can't bother me asking for me to let them bid.

The various buyer boards on the Answer Center and Discussions do get buyers who are blocked by half the eBay sellers for strikes whining all the time. It DOES work.

Never rely on eBay nor emails for accurate payment information.

Login to PayPal!
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to 717a7x

I SOOOO agree with all you sellers on here! Oh, I'm glad I found this string of posts. I Googled "Ebay no longer allows negative feedback for non-paying bidders" because I am scratching my head trying to figure out WHY they removed the ability to leave deadbeat buyers negative feedback. I want to be able to warn other sellers about these non-payers. Buyers can leave feedback, even that which is not deserved, but seller cannot. How stupid!

Years ago I used to sell a lot of things on ebay, and back then you could still leave negative for non-paying bidders. I have recently begun to sell again on her and found out you can't leave negative for deadbeat buyers. So, this person that has not paid for their item can do it to someone else because I can't leave the feedback they deserve.

Over a decade ago, bidding on ebay was a binding contract and people knew better than to bid and not be responsible.

Now it does not good to say in your auctions that you require payment within 3, or 7, days because they can pay whenever they want, or not at all, and have no consequences.

Now I have to wait almost a month before ebay is going to open a case for my non-paying bidder. I don't have the room in my home to hold onto these items that are supposed to be paid for by now and shipped out. Also, as a stay at home mom I rely on the $$ coming in.

Like so many other big corporate outfits, ebay has moved up so high into that realm that it no longer really cares about running the show properly. And I'm about done with it.

Please use plain text.
shadyl8d
Community Member

in reply to 717a7x

"Now I have to wait almost a month before ebay is going to open a case for my non-paying bidder."

Ebay has not taken the ability to open a UPI after set amount of days.  Days set by you.  You can set that up automatically in your site preference.  I have my set to four days.  Really I would like to set it for two days, but that is not an option.

Buy utilizing this option you have some control.

So unless I missed something recently, this is still under your control.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to 717a7x

After a 3 year +/- break from selling, I hop back on good ole Ebay to sell a few items from around the house.  With my first listing, I run into a buyer that doesn't communicate and ends up not paying for the auction.  Resolution process is just ok, not great - takes too much time before I can get my item back on auction.

My biggest heartburn came when I went to leave negative feedback on the buyer.  Feedback disabled because payment not recorded. Are you kidding me???  How are sellers supposed to know if a buyer has any merit?  I'm quickly disenchanted with Ebay and will look for other means to sell shortly.

Please use plain text.
shadyl8d
Community Member

in reply to 717a7x

I had a recent 0 feedback buyer.  Commits to buy, then emails me and to tell me she can't pay because of her credit.. I assume she can't obtain a paypal account to pay.

Very confused as to how a buyer can become apart of the ebay buying community without proving they have the ability to pay either with credit card/paypal/money order.?

Please explain this!

Please explaing what is going on with ebays search engines.

Why is ebay promoting mengto (I think that's how you spell it)  Your own online store.  ???  Just speculating

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to 717a7x

Does anyone out there know how to initiate a poll or better yet a petition that could be sent to eBay on this topic? I can't help but feel that they would pay attention to a few thousand sellers that are incensed by this rediculous policy of theirs.

Please use plain text.