Pottery, Glass & Porcelain
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Difference Between STRAW MARK and CRACK in Glass -- Help Please

Hello, everyone. I have an old Jeanette Glass Windsor bowl that has two lines on the bottom. Wondering how I can tell if they are cracks or straw lines. They don't go through to the inside of the bowl, but I can feel them. Any help is much appreciate...

Clear Glass Wine Decanter Mark ID Help

I have a wine decanter/carafe that has an unique mark...have searched for hours on it today and yesterday...at first I thought it was a sphynx or cat/lion...then some one mentioned a man climbing a hill...I am at a loss! Please help if you can and th...

IMG_7824.JPG IMG_7829.JPG IMG_7830.JPG
User avatar by Adventurer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

14" Chop Plate help with mark

The mark looks like a hen/chicken sitting down, letters above that I cannot make out. Or maybe it is something completely different. The plate is a pale green with darker green swirl. Thank you

Resolved! Glassies - Help with Amber Toothpick Holder

I'm mostly a pottie, but some glass is of interest to me. I picked up this piece yesterday because I love the color and pattern. Does anyone recognize the pattern or maker on this toothpick holder (I'm assuming that's what it is)? 2.75" H, 2" W at th...

Help ID Austrian pottery mark

Does anyone know this mark? It's a capital R with a tiny crown above it. The mark is impressed on the base along with HANDMADE IN AUSTRIA and STYLE 24. Figure stands about 8" tall, heavy but not solid. Terracotta colored clay. Any ideas on age and wh...

DSCN0355.JPG DSCN0354.JPG DSCN0360.JPG DSCN0352.JPG
User avatar by Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Help with odd shaped porcelain vase please!

Probably a long shot but hoping for help with this 8.5" Chinese (?) vase that is an unusual shape and has unusual decoration and an unknown backstamp. The decoration is very "rough" with sweeping strokes and little detail. I apologize if the markings...

900-63 002.JPG 900-63 007.JPG 900-63 011.JPG 900-63 012.JPG

Porcelain Horse Motif Ginger Jar

Hi all,I was hoping to find someone who might shed some light on this procelain ginger jar. Of course there are no markings, it is 9 x 8 without the lid. Very interesting piece but I can't find anything close.Any help would be most appreciated - Mary

IMG_4078.JPG IMG_4086.JPG IMG_4089.JPG IMG_4094.JPG
Most Marked as Helpful Authors