Pottery, Glass & Porcelain
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

ID Porcelain Mark

Hi - I can't find this mark in my Kovel's books or online. The boat on the cup is from the Netherlands so I'm thinking it could be from Holland? It is a cup measuring about 3 inches tall. Any help would be great!

Resolved! Help with label on cut glass vase

I didn't see this label until I was washing the vase off. I can tell that it looks like GL at the top and the rest is cut off. Below that looks to be an I. Below that is a script that looks like Gry... Or cry... Anyone have any ideas on this mark? Ma...

User avatar by Trailblazer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

Porcelain Antique? Teapot - Help please...

Hello - When I purchased this teapot, I was told that it was over a hundred years old. I know to take this with a grain of salt which is fine. My issue is the mark. I can't make it out. There's some roughness over it. I was hoping that someone could ...

IMG_0489.jpg IMG_0490.jpg IMG_0491.jpg IMG_0493.jpg

Resolved! Are these Etruscan Majolica/Griffin Smith Hill

I have a few pieces here that I purchased together, some that are clearly marked embedded Etruscan Majolica and one has the potters unglazed number 45 on it, (not pictured here). These three pieces do not have the Etruscan Majolica embedded mark. Are...

P1340739 (2).JPG P1340740 (2).JPG P1340728.JPG P1340743 (2).JPG

Resolved! stoneware id

Good morning! I have a stoneware pitcher that has a makers mark but some is missing. The pitcher is 5 3/4" tall & 3 3/4" diameter at the base. The pitcher has vertical embossed ribs & pink, lavender & yellow flowers. Any help to id would be greatly a...

IMG_3220.JPG IMG_3223.JPG IMG_3226.JPG IMG_3227.JPG

Resolved! Help make out signature on pottery candle holders

These 2 candlestick holders are signed on the bottom. I have tried and tried so many ways to spell the name but just can't figure it out. Standing at 4" tall x 3 1/8" at widest. I hope someone will be able to help!! I really like these and might deci...

Resolved! ID Help Please Alabaster wood lined bowl

Not sure what I have here... Pedestal wood lined bowl with lid. It appears to be alabaster or marble??? Put together in sections. On the bottom it might be chalk. It feels like chalk when I poke my fingernail in it. Measures almost 3 1/2" tall to top...

Resolved! Help Identify Pottery Vase

I have tried for the past three years to identify this large vase. I have not been able to find another one like it on the internet. Please help. It is 24" tall and if 37" at its widest point. the flowers and birds are indented. You can actually feel...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 helpful
Most Marked as Helpful Authors