cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unknown Engraved Cream Soups - Cambridge Rock Crystal? - Please Help Glassies

Hello Folks,

I recently purchased a set of crystal cream soup bowls and plates.  All the pieces are made of heavy crystal and engraved.  The cream soup bowls have the busiest design with daisy-like flowers and a band of leaves at the top.  The plates have a less intricate design.  Although purchased with the bowls, I don't know for sure if they are the same "pattern" or not.  The cream soups have a top rim diameter of 5 1/4" and the plates measure approximately 8 1/2" wide.

My first thought was that the pieces were Cambridge "Rock Crystal" with one of their many engraved designs.  When I consulted my Cambridge references, I came up empty.

Does anyone have ideas or leads?  Thanks in advance!

cseng front.jpgcseng close1.jpgcseng close2.jpgcseng under.jpgcseng plate.jpgcseng plateclose.jpg

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Other companies cut Cambridge glass. I would check Rock Sharp on relacements. They may still call it Libbey Rock sharp
george
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Thanks George for the promising lead.  I went through everything in Replacements under Rock Sharpe.  No luck yet.  I'll keep looking.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I sent photos to Replacements for a pattern ID and they were unable to identify the design.  I've also investigated Paden City cuttings to the best of my ability.  Apparently, Paden City also produced "Rock Crystal" with various cut designs.  Any other leads for me to pursue??

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Some patterns may never be id. Remember that at one time there were many independent decorating companies/departments doing cutting for dept stores, jewelers etc this may have been one of those who did not have a public catalog. I know that at one time Marshall Field & Co had inhouse cutters capable of doing that.
george
Message 5 of 5
latest reply