cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pottery: Signed studio pottery vase. TIA!

I know it is a long shot but hoping someone might recognize the mark on this studio piece.  When I found it, I thought the mark looked really familiar but I have had no luck.  It is a nicely done piece, 7 1/2 inches tall and what I thought might be an Asian motif.  Thanks! 

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Pottery: Signed studio pottery vase. TIA!

Bump

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Have you looked here.  They have pinned almost 2500 pottery marks.  Unfortunately there is not much organization to the board

http://www.pinterest.com/liawep/studio-pottery-marks/

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

Thanks for the link.  I looked through it but came up empty for this piece.  I was surprised at how many marks I did recognize.  Like you said though, not very organized but still a great site for studio pottery marks.  Thanks again!

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

One more bump for this one before we list it.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

I have a pot woth the same mark did you evrr find out who it is? Thx.
Message 6 of 14
latest reply

I have a pot with this mark also. Any vlues yet? Thx.
Message 7 of 14
latest reply

We sold this as unidentified studio pottery a while back.  I don't think we got more than $15.00 for it.   Smiley Sad

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

I have a piece with this mark as well. Spent a few months trying to find it with no luck.
Message 9 of 14
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I know this is an old thread being revived, but for jackthetab I may have a small clue. The potter's mark (chop mark) on your vase appears to be the Japanese (Kanji) symbol for 'tree'. I don't think the piece itself is Japanese, but more likely American, Canadian, English etc.. If you add that clue to your searches you might just get lucky and find the artist. Good luck.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

Hi

I have a small jug, no handle the closest I could get was a name Vivika & Otto Heino

I keep looking, but you could try that name , mine is choc' Brown with some Black but they did a lot of pottery

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

IMHO, this is an American studio piece.  The chopmark is not Asian, but perhaps a Southern influenced palmetto.  And, definitely not a Heino piece.

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

I just found the nicest low bowl with "the mark", I canot find maker anywhere. It has panels with small incised flower bouquet alternating with panels with a repeating diamond design.

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

I came back to report that I have seen the mark again here on Amelia Island Fl; this time on a pitcher, finely built with a thinning rim edge. I passed because I knew it is hard to sell. Most things we see like that here were produced by exhibitors at our annual shrimp fest.

Message 14 of 14
latest reply