cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please Help with Bavaria Germany Crown Mark on Porcelain Sugar & Creamer

I searched my books, I searched on the Porcelain Marks and More website and I'm not seeing this mark.  I am crowned out! 

It could be my eyes.  I accidentally hit my head and it created "floaters" in my eyes.  The eye doctors all said my brain will eventually not see them but eventually hasn't arrived yet.  Both marks are slightly different.  Maybe one was smooshed in the marking process or perhaps one or both of these are spurious marks.  I would appreciate any help.  Thank you!

photo P1040625ps1.jpg photo P1040654.jpg photo P1040654b.jpg photo P1040654a.jpg
Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Please Help with Bavaria Germany Crown Mark on Porcelain Sugar & Creamer

have never seen this mark before, could be an importer, exporter, the company who applied the gold, ect.  Probably not documented.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Thank you MD1919.   I'm slightly relieved  by that answer.  LOL.  I have been searching gold sets from Bavaria and I haven't seen this pattern.  Some are very close but not quite the same.   I appreciate the help. 

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Hi. Have you had any more luck identifying the mark on your pieces? I have the identical set in silver instead of gold. The closest mark I've found is Coalport, which is an English mark. Would Coalport have exported Bavarian china?

I'm donating the set for a school fundraiser. I'd like to add a description to encourage a good price.

Thanks!

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

this has nothing to do with coalport.  just an unknown importer/exporter/jobber/decorator mark

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

i think it is ''arzberg schuman'' bavaria porcelain  marks which used  between 1930-1935 ,

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

if you compare the crown with any of these

http://www.porcelainmarksandmore.com/germany/bavaria/arzberg-02/index.php

you will see it is not schumann

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

I'm having the same problem with a gold set, covered porcelain, with the green mark, S T and a big W Bavaria Germany. 

Can anyone answer this one?  Mine has a flower shaped crown on top of the S T.

thank you in advance

Message 8 of 8
latest reply