cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Covered sugar looks like Noritake to me. Anybody recognize it please?

Hello all, I  have this covered sugar that is of course unmarked! It looks like Noritake to me but so far I've been unable to locate the pattern/maker etc. At first I thought the flowers were carnations but the leaves look more like some type of rose? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Approximately 4 1/2" to the top of the finial and 7" handle to handle.

Thanks so much for looking,

MichelleIMG_3044.JPG

IMG_3045.JPG

IMG_3046.JPG

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

looks more european than japanese to me.  german or austrian

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Thank you. Anyone know what type of flower that is?

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

The angle of the pics is hard to evaluate, but looks like a climbing / trellis rose variety.

The form / handles look like one of the Saxe / Prussia (Germany) factories, but that's just off the cuff.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

That's my thought on the flower also. Thank you. I dont think I'll ever get it ID'd at this rate. I know it doesn't really matter but I really hate listing things I havn't ID'd. Drives me nuts. (not a long trip! LOL)

Thanks again, 

Michelle

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

It looks European to me too.

No offense intended, but unless you can get it ided as something extremely rare and desirable, that kind of damage makes it not worth listing in my opinion.

Radine

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I'm not an expert but I do have an extensive (really extensive) collection of all things china especially tea sets, teapots and teacups and saucers. That said, there is something wrong with this piece being European. Too smooth maybe and I've never seen that handle. Looks more like a Japanese copycat piece. I have some of those too. It is still pretty and unless you only list for the really serious collectors it should still sell (I don't think the damage is that bad and doesn't show except when you turn it over). It's not worth a whole lot, maybe $7 to $10.
Message 7 of 7
latest reply