Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ca.1962 Arc

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Ca.1962 Arc

IMHO, this is absolutely Blenko, catalog #5815-L.  The color is Tangerine.  Wayne Husted was the designer for this piece.

Blenko did stop sandblasting pieces mid 1961, however, it is possible that this piece was made in 1961 but not sold until 1962.  It may not have been shipped out immediately, and/or it may have sat at the retailer unsold for a period of time, or the memory of the person who said it as bought in 1962 may be faulty.

You can see your piece in catalogs over several years.  Here is the 1961 catalog, it is on approx page 17

http://www.blenkoproject.org/1961

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Ca.1962 Arc

I recently purchased a HUGE hand blown "genie bottle " decanter. It stands 31"(25" bottle and 6" stopper). It weighs 10 lbs. The seller claims that the original owner claimed that it was purchased in 1962. By this period, Blenko was NOT acid etching. The finial is a "flame". Does this resemble a ca 1962 Husted piece...or is it another glass house? TYIA
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Ca.1962 Arc

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Ca.1962 Arc

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Ca.1962 Arc

IMHO, this is absolutely Blenko, catalog #5815-L.  The color is Tangerine.  Wayne Husted was the designer for this piece.

Blenko did stop sandblasting pieces mid 1961, however, it is possible that this piece was made in 1961 but not sold until 1962.  It may not have been shipped out immediately, and/or it may have sat at the retailer unsold for a period of time, or the memory of the person who said it as bought in 1962 may be faulty.

You can see your piece in catalogs over several years.  Here is the 1961 catalog, it is on approx page 17

http://www.blenkoproject.org/1961

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Ca.1962 Arc

Many Thanks, Ms. Sometimes you have great news for me!

This was purchased through a Facebook group. 150 passed.. I was shaking as I commented " Yes"

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Ca.1962 Arc

An infrequent customer in my shop, knew EXACTLY what this was...She balked at the price, wishing me "luck" and telling me who, in NYC would give me "something" for it.....Sheesh, I'm 00 mi away from NYC....What is the problem with people these days?

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Ca.1962 Arc

i am trying to place a order for two pair of gym short and a bottle of hair tonic jevris ple ce czall me at 7704612891.
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Ca.1962 Arc

Message 9 of 9
latest reply