cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Big Glass Duck & Dunbar

Bought this Duck at a yard sale about 20 years ago. I have been trying to find any info an it ever since I got it and cannot find a maker or what it is used for. The quality is excellent. From beak to tail it is 9 1/2"

From the shape I know these are Dunbar. I have veen trying to fin some with etching on them, no luck. I believe they are juice glasses about 5" tall.    Has anyone seen some like them?

(my daughter took these pics, why on a brown surface I'll never know)

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Big Glass Duck & Dunbar

Check Porterux and Vallersthal (spelling needs checking also) for the duck. They are just covered dishes for whatever. Did you try googling "blue milk glass duck"?
The cutting on the Dunbar is not complex and could have been done by many independent decorators thar used to operate.
george

View Best Answer in original post

Message 6 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Big Glass Duck & Dunbar

I believe the duck is Westmoreland, it originally had applied glass eyes.  Thought this was their "Antique Blue Mist" color.  

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Big Glass Duck & Dunbar

Thank you! I have collected Westmoreland glass for many years but they are all marked with the WG.
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Big Glass Duck & Dunbar

WG = Westmoreland Glass?

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Big Glass Duck & Dunbar

Yes WG = Westmoreland Glass. This duck is not marked though.
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Big Glass Duck & Dunbar

Check Porterux and Vallersthal (spelling needs checking also) for the duck. They are just covered dishes for whatever. Did you try googling "blue milk glass duck"?
The cutting on the Dunbar is not complex and could have been done by many independent decorators thar used to operate.
george
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Big Glass Duck & Dunbar

I found some images of the duck at various internet sites and it's listed as Fenton. I did a Google search in Images for "vintage blue glass duck nest".

So who knows which is correct?

Message 7 of 7
latest reply