cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

postcard

Sense I have been collecting postcard I have never mailed a postcard to any one .

I have a broyher that I had not spoken to in years .

I decided to mail him a postcard today and see what he thinks .

I'm going to send him a good old vintage Galveston Tx postcard .

Has any of you ever mailed a postcard to anyone sense you been collecting postcard .

This will be my first time .

Garylk50

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

postcard

I have to say that I haven't sent any postcards. Unfortunately, I don't have the opportunity to travel, although that shouldn't stop me from sending postcards.  I do, though, have numerous relatives who are travelers and they all send me postcards from various countries. I greatly enjoy receiving them.

I hope the digital age doesn't spell the end for postcards.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

postcard

My family has a long history of sending postcards so i frequently send cards to people.   I would suggest everyone start doing this!  I grew up getting postcards from the family while away at camp or school.  I still have many of these from my grandmother and mother.   I also buy contemporary cards when I do get to travel and mail those often while I'm on the trip - I like the cards that just show a picture, without a banner or border and a big heavy 40 point font obscuring the image annoucning the view.   These are not always easy to find, the tacky ones seem to predominate.  I've also sent classic antique cards to the mail which always gets a positive reply from the other side.  It would be great to start a trend.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

postcard

Well my brother got his postcard and he was surprise by it .

I put my phone number on the back so he can call me and did .

He told me that postcard brought back memories .

The image on the front of the postcard was a part beach in Galveston Tx  where we used to hang out 

when we were teenagers .

He was very surprise and happy to hear from me

Garylk50

Message 4 of 4
latest reply