eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
Answer
Community Member
How to opt out of the return process? Looked and can't find it anywhere.

How to opt out of the return process? Looked  and can't find it anywhere.

Other Answers: 9
Community Member
Answered
in reply to fongming2005

It's actually quite easy. Go to your account. Then  site preferences and return preferences. Click show, and change from yes to no. I switched after eBay granted a free return just because a shoe didn't fit. The customer claimed item not as described.

clever_never
Community Member
Answered
in reply to fongming2005

It's an opt in, not an opt out, no?

leo*spride
Community Member
Answered
in reply to fongming2005

Are you referring to the new feature eBay is launching?

http://announcements.ebay.com/2012/09/ebay-top-rated-sellers-save-even-more-on-final-value-fees-opt-...

Did you look for a new *heading* called Return Preferences within your Site Preferences under your ACCOUNT tab?

Graciously Grin When You Growl
leo*spride
Community Member
Answered
in reply to fongming2005

Okay, so you called eBay... that would've been my next suggestion, but it's not overly surprising that they can't tell you much, either.

Since this feature is so NEW, it's very possible that the aspirations of their Marketing personnel are ahead of their IT department's ability to implement the full scope of this feature on all of their servers.

You may have to wait it out for a bit before the ability to opt out is available to you:-(

Graciously Grin When You Growl
Community Member
Answered
in reply to fongming2005

Yes I am referring to the new auto returns by ebay. I have looked at my preferences and its not there.

ruths_dream
Community Member
Answered
in reply to fongming2005

its on the auction page near the bottom everyone has a 45 day return policy Thats ebays Policy

Life Is A One Time Offer,
Use It Well.
Community Member
Answered
in reply to fongming2005

Yes its an opt in but it clearly states we can opt out of it anytime.

But no where to be found. Called ebay and even they don't know how.

once I opt in, can I still opt out?

Yes, but you are expected to complete any returns your buyer has already started within the new return process. When you opt out, for all active listings, the restocking fee field will be removed and the “Additional return policy details” text box will be restored with any content that existed prior to opting in. You should verify the content is still accurate. You can opt back in at any time.

my*quiet*place
Community Member
Answered
in reply to fongming2005

Try the Opt In page (if indeed you did Opt In)

http://pages.ebay.com/sell/returns/optin.html

That page should have an Opt Out = unless eBay has not, as yet, set up the Opt Out, which is entirely possible.

(Let us know :-))

Community Member
Answered
in reply to fongming2005

I ran into the same problem. The buyer claimed that the item is not as described which is false and I had to pay for the return shipping. I called eBay and not much help from them. They suggested to issue full refund minus the return shipping fee which I did not do after my discussion with the buyer who became irate. I could have reported the buyer and it will become messier and more headache for me to deal with this. It's a loophole to me that buyer can get away with this. Anyway, I already opted out. Thanks for your information on how to opt out.