eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
Answer
Community Member
A seller is wanting to get my PayPal e-mail or mailing address to send me a refund for an item I bought that he no longer has??

I purchased an item and paid for it through PayPal.  Now the seller is telling me he and his partner have parted the ways and his partner made off with the item I purchased!  I kept wondering why my package never came in the mail!  Now the seller wants my PayPal e-mail, so he can send me a refund.  He offered to send me a money order, but I don't want to give this guy my mailing address either.  I want to resolve this through eBay.  I have submitted a case through eBay.  I don't know how to handle this situation as it has never come up before??

Other Answers: 5
mr_lees_deals
Community Member
Answered
in reply to cliftonwebbfan

He has your address, PayPal and eBay gave it to him.

He also has your email address, he wants to confirm it.

If the sale was recent he should instead use the refund link in the PP transaction details so it doesn't cost you a PP fee.

How long has it been?

LC

“Every sale has five basic obstacles: no need, no money, no hurry, no desire, no trust.” Zig Ziglar
pinkflamingo2855
Community Member
Answered

refunding you thru your email is the incorrect way to refund and that will not show on the dispute that they refunded, they need to go to the paypal details page and use the refund link OR, they can view the case details and there's a refund link they can use right there.

"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go"
Oscar Wilde
glenda
Community Member
Answered

Hi cliftonwebbfan

He would have gotten your mailing address if he had sent you the item, ya know.

There was no need for you to open a case - the guy said he'd refund your payment.  What more could you expect eBay to do?

Tell him he can go over to PayPal, find the transaction, and click on the Refund link.

Community Member
Answered

Sounds like a story posted, a few months back, a few weeks back and a few years back....

Some partner ran off with the money, the product, whatever...My wife took hold of my account and ran off with the money, my dog dragged the item thru the sewer, my kid gave it to a freind, my partner and I split ways...None of that matters...

Just file an UNR case and let it follow course...

blueeartha
Community Member
Answered

Just give him the info he wants. Sellers can pull all your contact info from eBay if the choose to do so. No case should be filed, your seller said they would refund. Then move on and learn how to enjoy eBay by reading the polices.