eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Gift Cards
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact
  • Shop Gifts

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

Marketing Image for Answer Center Section

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Marketing image for Groups Section

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Marketing Image for Announcements Section
Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Marketing image for eBay Community Policies Section
Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Answer
Community Member
Accepted Solution
when refunded through PayPal , does the money go back into my debit card, or a paypal account?
I don't have a PayPal account and I paid with my debit card, so how would that work?
Accepted Solution
cute.shoes
Community Member
Answered
in reply to abukikosa

You MUST OPEN a PayPal account in order to get a refund.

No PayPal account - NO REFUND.

You need to open a PayPal account - using the SAME email address and attach the SAME debit card to the account.

Then when you get the refund, the money will go to your PayPal account. If you want to transfer it back TO your bank account - you have to register your bank account details with PayPal.

Other Answers: 3
centerhill73
Community Member
Answered
in reply to abukikosa

The response about not being able to get your money if you are not a paypal member is incorrect.

If you paid as a paypal guest, the money will be sent back through the same method you used for the original payment. It will take a few days to get there. It would be quicker if you joined paypal, but that is not a requirement..

Community Member
Answered
in reply to abukikosa

I can answer if you are a paypal member .  For sure, this answer is correct  if you are a paypal member.... THE FUNDS WILL AUTOMATICALLY GO BACK TO WHATEVER YOUR ORIGINAL SOURCE OF FUNDING WAS...."

Look in history and at least, you can verify that you got a refund.  The funds may take more than 24 hours to show up in the bank acct. or credit card.... The HISTORY page will always tell  what youdid...

The advice about manually transferring funds is if you SELL.....

Now if you are NOT a paypal member, I have no idea what the procedure is..   Frankly, I cannot understand why people would do paypal as a guest.  

jame234
Community Member
Answered
in reply to abukikosa

You need to manually transfer money from PayPal to your bank account using the transfer money tab left upper corner.