eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Answer
Community Member
how do I get paid for item sold

after auction,how do i get paid??i have a pay pal acct.

Other Answers: 4
Community Member
Answered
in reply to papayamaha3

Did you link your PayPal to your eBay account? 

http://pages.ebay.com/help/account/link-paypal.html

Also, try sending your buyer an invoice. Go to My eBay > Sold (on the left panel) > Actions (on the right) drop-down menu > Send Invoice.

There's a Site Map below every page. You'll find the answer to most of your questions there.

Community Member
Answered
in reply to papayamaha3

You would see a blue dollar sign. Click on Print Shipping Label. If you see PAID and OK to Ship, ship the item....You can check your paypal account to see if it has, indeed, been paid, as well.

Never ship till paypal says PAID and OK to Ship. There are sellers who come here, asking when they will get paid now that their buyer has the item (because the seller shipped w/o payment clearing). Not smart. There'd be no real incentive for a buyer to pay, after the fact.

Good thing you came and asked!

buybuy42
Community Member
Answered
in reply to papayamaha3

If your buyer has paid,it will be in your PP account,but funds are held until confirmed delivery.

Ship only when PP says it is safe to do so.

After the item shows as delivered, your funds will be released in about 3 days.

In the event your buyer does not pay,visit the Resolution center (page bottom).

lees*caps
Community Member
Answered
in reply to papayamaha3

They will send payment to your PayPal account, PayPal will send you an email telling you it is received and it is OK to ship, when you then click on print label it will be filled with all the information to ship the package to. For this to happen your paypal and ebay accounts must be linked so the can communicate with each other. 

Once paid, ship promptly.

In over 10,000 sales on my selling ID I have never, ever sent an invoice.

There is no need to send an invoice when you list your item for sale correctly.

And never email or message about 'where's my payment?' or 'are you gonna pay?'.

If after a few days you remain unpaid, you can file a complaint about it with ebay by clicking on the resolution center link at the bottom of the page.  I would wait four days, I personally wait eight.

In order to succeed, you have to learn the rules of the game
and then play it better than anyone else.

Einstein learned it from me.