eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

discount60
Community Member

PAYPAL WORKING CAPITAL, HAS ANYONE BORRED $ THRU THIS SERVICE

Has anyone borrowed a large amout of $ thru PAYPALS WORKING CAPITAL. It sounds great. anyone know

Please use plain text.
Community Member

Re: PAYPAL WORKING CAPITAL, HAS ANYONE BORRED $ THRU THIS SERVICE

in reply to discount60

You would probably be safer and get a better deal borrowing money from the mob...:smileywink:

Did you check the terms? The max loan amount is 8% of 12 months of sales.

If you sold 10K in 12 months  they will loan you 800 bucks....big deal..:smileyhappy:

Plus you pay them back based upon gross sales not net profit..the deal sucks

JMO

The seat on my Fixture flies at half mast...:smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to discount60

In my opinion, its a great offer for the simplicity of it, and they dont run your credit and stick a hard inquiry on you. Correct me if Im wrong, but I dont think its reported as a new loan on your credit history either (although I wouldnt care either way on that one). I decided to take the loan on a Saturday night after debating it for a week or so. I was offered a max $13,000 loan amount (you can choose less than max if desired). The process was amazingly simple. After accepting the offer, the funds were in my paypal account within 30 seconds. One payment of $10,000, the other of $3,000. They must have a $10,000 limit for single payments. Again, this was a Saturday night and funded very quickly, so nobody was there to "review" it. If you were one of the 90,000 people to receive the offer, your loan offer is already saved in the system ready to be paid out right away when you agree. You can withdraw right away and use the funds for anything you want.

Paypal got this one right. Its a very smart program and should expand next year.

Please use plain text.
discount60
Community Member

in reply to 1snicsonic2

We do over $500,000 a year in sales and we were turned down after getting a msg from paypal telling us to apply. We spoke to paypal and of course they came up with various reasons such as maybe our business is seasonal or not enough cash flow. lol both are wrong. DONT WASTE YOUR TIME APPLYING. We read reviews online and all were bad some saying your personal info will be sold. Everyone we spoke to on ebay that applied were turned down. After pushing SUBMIT we were immediately turned down within 3 seconds so obviously none of our info was even evaluated.  We will stick with Bank of America. Getting the invite letter means nothing. Paypal told us to apply again. NO THANKS. have better things to do then play games. 

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to discount60
I did. I applied for the loan through PayPal and within 10 seconds after clicking submit and choosing my payment method of choice I looked into my account and had 8 grand in there deposited through Paypal. I was really amazed. That's unheard of for a loan of this amount. I IMMEDIATLEY withdrew money out and bought extra inventory from a great deal I found and have made double that 8 grand in sales within a few weeks with the money I borrowed.

They only charged me 5 hundred something fee total with no interest and no length for repayment required or penalties. Even though my sales will repay it back very quickly.

I would take advantage of it if it will help your sales and don't listen to any negative feedback.

Where can you get a loan with no credit check, money in your account within seconds, one fee, which is not too bad because your not limited to any amount of time to pay back and no late payments ever. All though should try to pay back as soon as possible as I will pay mine back quickly because that will mean I'm selling a lot of items to pay it back and in return making money while pay it back.

I hate all these negative reviews about this Program from Paypal. It is Great.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to discount60

We received the invite too and applied for the loan but turned down immediately.

I called to find out why but paypal couldn't answer and asked me to try again few days later.

I did and got turned down again.

I called again but told to wait for the letter explaining why.  So, we did and the letter came explaining that we were turned down because our account was in "not in good standing" . 

I called to ask why we are in "Not in Good Standing".  She simply said because we had few disputes, maybe???.  Not an answer but question back to me suggesting perhaps that is the reason. Meaning, she had no idea and couldn't explain to me how to fix the "standing" with the paypal.

We do over $160k a year in sales.  When you do this much sales, you are bound to have few disputes.  We had 8 and 7 of them resolving in our favor in past 24 months.  1 resolved buyer's favor because USPS couldn't find the package. 

Paypal agent told me that you need to be in good standing with paypal for past 18 months without any dispute.  She made it sound like you can't have any even if the dispute resolves in your favor.

Any with more than 1 dipsute in past 18 months got approved????

Meanwhile, I am sticking with Kabbage and Bank of America.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to discount60

Pay pal got this one right , on a grand with a $38 one time fee , whats not to like? 

I didn't take the max they offered this time, but it sure helped with inventory and increased sales, It is a good deal , a very good deal.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to discount60

Hello everybody,

I'm doing a competitive analysis for my company on small business financing options and looking for screenshots of the user experience for PayPal Working Capital.  Since this program is limited only to those invited, I haven't been able to see that experience.  Is there anyone that has gotten a PayPal Working Capital offer that is willing and able to take screenshots (please remove any personal information) and send them over to me?  Please let me know if you have any questions.  Thanks for your help!

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to discount60

I think this is a wonderful idea.  No credit check, no posting to your credit report, based on sales--flat one time fee based on amount.  No set payment date, no late fees, no hazzles.  You pay back percentage you set between 10% - 20% of your sales.  I borrowed only $2500 as I didn't realise the total amount offered wouldn't be available later.  I had the funds in about 5 mins in my account and the fee charged was only 10% once!  Not every month you owe them.  I did this the first of Feb and the way it comes out I don't even miss it.  In only 2 1/2 months 35% has already been paid back.  The title loan I did on my car was horrible,  never again.  Paid back at loan shark interest rate.  This is extremely fair given there loaning without the benefit of collateral or knowing your credit history.  I love it and and thankful to have this available with no stress or outrangeous fees and interests attached.

discount60 wrote:

Has anyone borrowed a large amout of $ thru PAYPALS WORKING CAPITAL. It sounds great. anyone know

Please use plain text.
robp1974
Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to malibu4u2

I think is a great service. No credit check, no deposit, no BS. Paypal had 90% of my info already, i filled out a few feilds and had the loan in less than 3 minutes and the money in my account in less than 30 seconds...

They look at your previous sales over the last year and determine the max amount you can borrow. My first loan was $1500 and the only charge was $56 dollars, or close to that. No intrest and no time frame to pay them back. You also choose the percentage you pay back from your daily sales. 10% - 15% - 20%...I think it goes up to 25-30%....

I owed $397 today, I paid the balance in full and was eligible for a 2nd loan for up to $2500 in less than 6 hours... The loan amount was $2500 and the fee is $252.... Im happy with that, a bank would not touch me with a 10 foot pole....  I will buy inventory to resell on ebay make some money!!! You got to love it, you can buy items and resell them on ebay for a 100% profit, sometimes more.

malibu4u2 wrote:

I think this is a wonderful idea.  No credit check, no posting to your credit report, based on sales--flat one time fee based on amount.  No set payment date, no late fees, no hazzles.  You pay back percentage you set between 10% - 20% of your sales.  I borrowed only $2500 as I didn't realise the total amount offered wouldn't be available later.  I had the funds in about 5 mins in my account and the fee charged was only 10% once!  Not every month you owe them.  I did this the first of Feb and the way it comes out I don't even miss it.  In only 2 1/2 months 35% has already been paid back.  The title loan I did on my car was horrible,  never again.  Paid back at loan shark interest rate.  This is extremely fair given there loaning without the benefit of collateral or knowing your credit history.  I love it and and thankful to have this available with no stress or outrangeous fees and interests attached.

discount60 wrote:

Please use plain text.