eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
Answer
vigot90
Community Member
"unfortunately, the funding source within your paypal account was declined".

I got an error message. That is "unfortunately, the funding source within your paypal account was declined".I have checked my paypal account, but I couldn't find any problems.I don't know what is the problem. Please help me.

Other Answers: 5
22shoes
Community Member
Answered
in reply to vigot90

Check with your bank/credit card company.

Declined means that the issue is with them.

*lady*madonna*
Community Member
Answered
in reply to vigot90

Whatever funding source you chose did not have the funds necessary to pay for your item or the payment was denied by your credit card company if you paid by a CC.

*There will be an answer, Let It Be.*
Community Member
Answered
in reply to vigot90

Hi.  Anytime you list a funding source on either ebay or pay pal they test it.  Usually this involves placing a small amount (usually $1) on that funding source.  It may be a hold or an actual charge.

If it accepted then all is well & they reverse the hold or payment & you are good to go.   If it bounces or if the bank will not let it go thru then you are dead in the water & cannot procede until you get that funding source working.  fOr changeit to another source that will work.

Good luck, Jim

blueeartha
Community Member
Answered
in reply to vigot90

If your funds come from a credit card, you may want to also check the expiration date of your card. Is the card expired? The advice above is excellent.

buyorsell888
Community Member
Answered
in reply to vigot90

Call your bank. either your credit card or your bank account on file declined the purchase.

Never rely on eBay nor emails for accurate payment information.

Login to PayPal!