eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
Answer
calrc
Community Member
The transaction ID in your link is invalid.
it says the item is paid for but when I click "View Paypal Transaction" the paypal page says "The transaction ID in your link is invalid." and there is not transaction in my paypal ...
Other Answers: 11
mr_lees_deals
Community Member
Answered
in reply to calrc
If you're asking about your recent sale, it's possible you had an old email address on the selling form and the payment to you went to an old address. Read here, it explains everything: http://reviews.ebay.com/Changing-your-email-address-to-receive-payments_W0QQugidZ10000000004224189 LC
“Every sale has five basic obstacles: no need, no money, no hurry, no desire, no trust.” Zig Ziglar
Community Member
Answered
in reply to calrc

I have the answer folks. This happens when ever you change your paypal password. So on ebay unlink your paypal then re link it. Once you do it asks for paypal email and paypal password. Once you do this presto! Like magic it works folks! Even works with firefox!

coasterbill42
Community Member
Answered
in reply to calrc

I have this problem, but the PayPal e-mail I have listed in the "Sell My Item" form is my current and correct e-mail address....

The only real help from EBay is saying "Send your item to access your funds sooner" but I don't want to freaking send my item if I'm not getting paid.

Any suggestions?

Community Member
Answered
in reply to calrc
You need to contact paypal. Did you pay for an item or are you the seller? Best thing to do is to call paypal. Log into your paypal account and click on contact us. Pls. click on ANSWER below to respond.
Community Member
Answered
in reply to calrc

so many days may be you have got your reply for anyone else like me looking for the solution of same problem. I also got the same message, the problem as my paypal email was not confirmed.

sign in to paypal

my account -> profile

check if the email id is verified or confirmed.

Hope it helps

Community Member
Answered
in reply to calrc

I have this problem as well and it's very frustrating. I am receiving the payments via paypal, and I get the email notifications when I receive them. My email listed with ebay and my email listed with paypal are the same one, but this function still doesn't work for me. It's a pain in the butt to have to guess which payments were made by which buyers.

Community Member
Answered
in reply to calrc

This usually means you’re logging into PayPal using a different email address than where the order was sent. Double check the PayPal email on your Store > Settings page of the admin area, and try logging into PayPal using that email address to view the order.

If the PayPal email on Store > Settings is incorrect, you’ll want to contact PayPal support about claiming or voiding the order.

call2mind
Community Member
Answered
in reply to calrc

The answer seems to have been made in a roundabout way by several people here so for what it's worth here's my version.

Both eBay and paypal require the use of the same email address but it mustn't be the same as your eBay user name because that would be a security weakness ie you can't use the name Teddy for your eBay profile if your email address is Teddy @ some provider

However, if you change your email address on Ebay after you've listed an item for sale you need to still have that old email address listed in your paypal profile even if it's not your primary address.

Once you've done this any pending payments will go through quickly.

engravogirl_cib
Community Member
Answered
in reply to calrc

I have had the same problem with using the "View PayPal Transaction" buttons.  Thye NEVER EVER work. I always get this error.  My PayPal e-mail is confirmed, and my eBay store e-mail is correct.  I think it is really a technical issue that eBay has not been addressed.

Community Member
Answered
in reply to calrc

What browsers are people using?  Im getting this error using firefox, but if I use chrome everything comes up just fine.  I just hate using chrome...

Community Member
Answered
in reply to calrc

Hi - sorry for barrage of emails - I think it may just have come through!! So thank you! Will get the item ready to post.