eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop Deals
Answer
Community Member
Payments completed but doesn't show in my account?

I sold an item on June 20th, the buyer instantly paid. On paypals website the transaction has said completed since the day he bought it and hasn't changed. It also said on paypal's website that it would take 7 days for the payment to go into my account, its been 8 and it still doesn't show in my account. What do i need to do?

Other Answers: 9
sunnysouth1
Community Member
Answered
in reply to zacmla7

You are subject to a hold on funds because you are new to selling. Did you ship the item with some form of online proof of delivery? If so, when the tracking is showing "delivered" the funds will be released in about 3 days. If you didn't ship with tracking you will have to wait 21 days for the funds to be released.

Sunny

Guilt: the gift that keeps on giving.
Erma Bombeck

meekopla
Community Member
Answered
in reply to zacmla7

On Paypal Transaction page click open the details for that particular payment. Look in the upper left corner, does it say OK to Ship? Then you need to send that item to the customer/ Buyer. They are waiting for it. What Sunny has told you is correct. Newbie Sellers have their funds held until that item has been delivered. Using eBay Labels, You are able to access your shipping cost that you charged the customer to produce the label. Otherwise you pay out of pocket until it's delivered.

" The real secret of happiness is not what you have or what you receive; it's what you share. " - anonymous
Community Member
Answered
in reply to zacmla7

Hey how long should i wait because i still havent got it

Community Member
Answered
in reply to zacmla7

I shipped the item friday the day after he bought it, i sent the buyer a message on ebay telling him i had sent it, I just went to paypal and updated the drop down window to shipped. But is that going to mess up the process seeing as i shipped it friday but just updated it on paypal now?

Community Member
Answered
in reply to zacmla7

Yea i updated the tracking number on paypal and ebay

Community Member
Answered
in reply to zacmla7

Okay thanks for your help!

Community Member
Answered
in reply to zacmla7

Just as sunny and meek said so you really need to look in your paypal account, at that transaction and see if it says 'Paid and OK to ship'.....If it does, you need to ship PRONTO!

If you aren't clear about how selling works yet, it's best that you read all about selling and what to do when you get paid....That buyer might ding your DSR for Shipping and Handling time since it's been over a week already....Don't forget DC..

sunnysouth1
Community Member
Answered
in reply to zacmla7

Marking the item as shipped won't change anything. Did you ship with some form of online proof of delivery? That is what matters.

Sunny

Erma Bombeck

sunnysouth1
Community Member
Answered
in reply to zacmla7

Now that you have entered the tracking number in to the transaction details your funds should be released in a few days. Always upload tracking, otherwise eBay doesn't know the buyer received the item and will hold the funds for a full 21 days.

If you print your shipping labels through eBay it will automatically upload tracking for you.

Sunny

Erma Bombeck