eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop Deals
Answer
58greentruck
Community Member
My paypal shipping does not have parcel post,what happen?

I log on to paypal to ship an item parcel post and it was no longer there.There was only first class,express mail and priority mail.

Other Answers: 6
ilovegrandkids6
Community Member
Answered
in reply to 58greentruck

This is the e-mail I received today from Ebay.....As someone who has used eBay Labels to purchase Parcel Post® in the past, we want to tell you about a recently-announced change that will go into effect January 27, 2013.

USPS will discontinue Parcel Post service as of January 27, 2013. Active listings with Parcel Post will automatically be updated to the new comparable replacement service—Parcel Select®—which will be available in the selling flow and shipping calculator as of January 27.

Know that the new Parcel Select service will not be available for purchase through eBay Labels until March. Sellers that wish to utilize this service before it is available via eBay Labels—and sellers who have sold items with the Parcel Select service—will need to go to the post office or an alternate online postage provider (i.e. Pitney Bowes, Endicia.com, Stamps.com, etc.) to purchase this class of service. Also, be sure to upload tracking information within your stated handling time. If you would like to continue to take ...

As always, thank you for selling on eBay!

Sincerely,

The eBay Shipping Team

centerhill73
Community Member
Answered
in reply to 58greentruck

We get a better discount as ebay sellers if we use ebay shipping. If you use that, priority mail is usually cheaper than parcel post (due to the large ebay discount), and way quicker. Parcel post is always offered (unless that was not an option on your listing, then it will not be)

Community Member
Answered
in reply to 58greentruck

I go to shippingeasy.com  They allow us 50 free shippings per month and their parcel select service is far far cheaper then doing it through the post office!  Their system is integrated with ebay's so your sales will show up on their site.

Very similar to click and ship here at ebay.

Community Member
Answered
in reply to 58greentruck

It's because USPS is changing their postal rates again and also changing Parcel Post to something else. You will no longer be able to ship their new version of Parcel (Select or something like that) unless you trapse to the PO, no online 'Parceling'.

I'm having problems with new listings as it won't display ANY shipping options.

Community Member
Answered
in reply to 58greentruck

I have a Paypal shopping cart and have called Paypal numerous times about their failure to offer the new Parcel Select shipping.  Many times it is way more for me to ship via Priority Mail than Parcel Select. I should not have to pay to a company such as stamps.com to ship this way.  Interestingly, I sell on amazon.com and they have had this option since January.

I have received the same runaround from Paypal on all calls.  Several times they told me it would be available by mid or the end of March, which it was not.  If things don't change I may change shopping carts so they can kiss the commission they chgarge me good bye.  You may wish to do the same.

Community Member
Answered
in reply to 58greentruck

"We get a better discount as ebay sellers if we use ebay shipping. If you use that, priority mail is usually cheaper than parcel post (due to the large ebay discount), and way quicker. Parcel post is always offered (unless that was not an option on your listing, then it will not be)"

Centerhill-  I have been selling on eBay for many years.  I have only noticed a very small window-between 13 oz and 1.1 lbs where priority mail was less.  Other than this Priority Mail is always more and I ship through eBay.  For instance a package weighing 1 lb 5 ounces is around 10 parcel post and 13 priority.  What have you found it to be?