eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop Deals
Answer
ladygt33
Community Member
I need to reduce the price on an item I sold, can I change it on the invoice before I send it to the buyer?

A buyer bought three of my items because I agreed to reduce the price. How can I change the price on the invoice before I send the invoice to the buyer so that will not be charged the original listing price?

Other Answers: 5
centerhill73
Community Member
Answered
in reply to ladygt33

Bill_and_ellie is technically correct. The sale price cannot be changed. However, you can do adjustments other than just the shipping. Click on "send invoice" There is a box under the shipping amount for "seller discounts". Just enter the amount you want to deduct from the total AND put a minus sign (-) in front of the deduction. Preview it before sending to make sure it is correct, then send it to your buyer with a note about the deduction you are giving him.

bill_and_ellie
Community Member
Answered
in reply to ladygt33

The price of the items can not be changed. You can adjust the shipping. That is your only option.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Answers to most questions not dealing with your account can be found here, http://pages.ebay.com/help/index/ALL.html
bill_and_ellie
Community Member
Answered
in reply to ladygt33

You should have revised the listing before they did the BIN. I see your listing had free shipping, so you can't even adjust that to anything lower.

It was a violation for them to ask you to step out of your listing terms and give them a better price.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Answers to most questions not dealing with your account can be found here, http://pages.ebay.com/help/index/ALL.html
grandpatexhelp
Community Member
Answered
in reply to ladygt33

You can't sell items for less than they're listed for.

Could you reduce the shipping charge to free? You can do that.

Answer center posts are no longer in chronological order,making it difficult to answer a question in a step by step fashion. If the thread doesn't make sense, click on the Most Kudos link, above, and select Newest First. Be sure to check for hidden comments to see if the OP has returned with valuable information that may affect the final outcome.
house*of*paws
Community Member
Answered
in reply to ladygt33

Hi

As already mentioned ... only the cost of shipping can be reduced. 

You'll have to tell the buyer you will give them a partial refund AFTER they have paid the full amount stated in eBay's invoice.