eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop Deals
Answer
i4everam
Community Member
I bought an item but on Paypal it says that the payment is unclaimed and the seller is unregistered. And eBay says that I didn't pay.

I won sneakers in an auction on 3/17/13 and I paid immediately through Paypal. But everytime I view the order details, it says that the payment is still being processed through Paypal, that the payment is unclaimed and that the recipient is unregistered. I've tried opening a case but eBay wont let me because it says I haven't paid. I don't know what to do.

Other Answers: 5
buyorsell888
Community Member
Answered
in reply to i4everam

Seller is not unregistered, the email for payment on the listing is unregistered or wasn't confirmed to be working, on PayPal, not eBay.

This is a very common seller error, it is not a scam

You cannot file a case but all you have to do to get your money back is login to PayPal and cancel the payment.

Don't do this yet until you contact the seller and let them try to fix it.

Never rely on eBay nor emails for accurate payment information.

Login to PayPal!
gageman22
Community Member
Answered
in reply to i4everam

Contact your seller. Send him a message, tell him that he has the wrong email address in his listing, and the payment won't go through. He must add the email address he put on that listing to his paypal account. To do this, click on "relist" scroll down to payment section, look at the address. Then back out, do not actually relist the item, log into paypal, and add that address to his account.

If he doesn't respond to emails, get his contact info and call him.

Community Member
Answered
in reply to i4everam

If the seller is unregistered with eBay you will not be charged and the payment you sent will soon be put back into your account. You will have to go shopping again and find a new item of your liking. The unregistered seller is usually kicked of of eBay for policy violations or has simply stopped selling on eBay. Either way you will not be charged for the sale. Check your paypal account to be sure that the money has been replaced in your account.

rockydaytona
Community Member
Answered
in reply to i4everam

check your Paypal account to see if your money is back in the account.

the unclaimed payment is cancelled after a given number of days. if it is not back on your account, then file the not received complaint thru Paypal.

with the no longer registered seller and the unclaimed payment, there is no way to file thru Ebay, it will have to be done thru Paypal.

buyorsell888
Community Member
Answered
in reply to i4everam

FYI

Even if seller was suspended from eBay, payments are NOT automatically put back into buyer accounts....unless they are Unclaimed which has nothing at all to do with seller being NARU (not a registered user) of eBay

Unclaimed payments are returned to the buyer after 30 days

Never rely on eBay nor emails for accurate payment information.

Login to PayPal!