eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop Deals
Answer
Community Member
How long does it take for a new seller to recieve payment when payment is pending through paypal

Hello I am a new user of ebay I have buyers who have sent payment and it is marked as payment pending does this mean that paypal is holding it up becuase I am new, if so how long should it take to recieve the money through paypal

Other Answers: 6
meekopla
Community Member
Answered
in reply to wake1943

If you are waiting for payment before sending out your items, you will never receive payment and it will be short lived with eBay. as mentiond it is your responsibility to send out your items with Delivery confirmation and then after that has occured, then your payments should be released. No proof of DC, no payment released.

eBay has a Selling tutorial set up, you need to review this and all other info available for a new Seller. It doesn't happen on it's own. You also need to read about eBay policies especially the new ones coming up and understand what you can't do and can. This is not a do what you want website.  It is a membership oriented site and when you got your ID you agreed to eBays agreement. Did you read it?

" The real secret of happiness is not what you have or what you receive; it's what you share. " - anonymous
silverstrad
Community Member
Answered
in reply to wake1943

wake1943

Your payment will be released a few days after online Delivery confirmation shows that the item has been delivered.

Read all about it here:

PayPal: Payment Holds

rockydaytona
Community Member
Answered
in reply to wake1943

once you have been paid and have shipped the item, using delivery confirmation, you would have your funds released approx 3 days after the item is confirmed delivered.

if you have not used delivery confirmation on the shipment, you would have to wait 21 days from time of payment to get your funds released.

so the key is shipping promptly and using delivery confirmation.

buyorsell888
Community Member
Answered
in reply to wake1943

You must login to PayPal to find out the status of your payments.

Payments are shown as pending on eBay for more than one reason.!

Never rely on eBay nor emails for accurate payment information.

Login to PayPal!
johnsattic
Community Member
Answered
in reply to wake1943

That is exactly what it means, can't imagine how you got through the signup for selling process without learning that much.

Onward and upward, if you follow the rules that were laid out for you when you became a seller then three days after delivery confirmation shows the item has been delivered Paypal will release your funds. If you don't follow the rules they will hold the payment for 21 days.

Wish my fingers would pay closer attention to what I spell correctly.
buyorsell888
Community Member
Answered
in reply to wake1943

Payments subject to the new seller hold do NOT show on PayPal as Pending.

Only eChecks do.

LOGIN TO PayPal, NEVER SHIP based on eBay alone. Always always login to PayPal.

You must see payment is Completed and OK to SHIP on PayPal and ship to the Seller Protection Address.

Never rely on eBay nor emails for accurate payment information.

Login to PayPal!