eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
Answer
Community Member
How long Will it take for my dispute To Be Closed? HELP! READ ON

Okay so On the day July 9,2012 a buyer opened an "Unathorized Claim" case in Paypal. But I had shipped the item and stuff. So I provided Tracking and everything. So it has been delivered. And today is July 28, 2012. Its about to be exactly 20 days since the case has been open and the status is still "Being Reviewed By Paypal". I want my money that I made out of that transation. I had contacted Paypal Like on July 10, 2012 and they said when its delivered and stuff theyll give me the money. They also said it usaully takes 10 days to resolve problems. Its been double of that. I have been patient but I need the money. So what do I do? Do I contact Paypal or what? I have been waiting and nothing!!!. Thanks

Other Answers: 5
Community Member
Answered
in reply to sneaker*head13

Call paypal.

Upper right corner on this page, click 'customer support'. Type your question into the input box, and click the 'search' button.

This will answer 99% of all questions posted on this board.
506hunter
Community Member
Answered

If it like shows "delivered and stuff, you need to like call paypal again and stuff.  Like, good luck with this and stuff.

buyorsell888
Community Member
Answered

Did you provide the tracking in the resolution center?

Was it uploaded to the payment on PayPal?

Did you contact your buyer, they may not have recognized your name on their bank statement or spouse may have filed not knowing about the purchase. Mistaken disputes do happen....

Never rely on eBay nor emails for accurate payment information.

Login to PayPal!
inceptions
Community Member
Answered

Stop waiting and call PayPal to check on the status of the chargeback.

nscarlett1450
Community Member
Answered

An unauthorized claim means that someone had their credit card stolen or had their ebay account hacked and was used to buy your stuff.  I would imagine that person is having a rougher time than you.  The following is from Paypal:

After careful review of the buyer's account activity and any information you provide, we reach a final decision and closeTo end a dispute or claim. A closed dispute cannot be reopened or escalated to a claim. We auto...final decisionPayPal's decision resolving and closing the case..

While most claims are resolved within 30 days, complex cases may take longer.

If the case is decided in your favor, the funds that were held are released to your account.

You can track the progress of your claim and respond to requests for information in the Resolution Center.

We notify you when we come to a decision.