eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
Answer
hiramhawk
Community Member
Can my paypal account be hacked or scammed from someone depositing funds into it?

I'm selling an item through another listing other than E-bay, the person wanting to purchase it says their employer deposits his paycheck into his paypal account and he doesn't have any other account(checking,saving,etc.)and he wants to pay me by transferring the amount,$3200. into my paypal account. Can this person hack or scam from my, or into my paypal account, or gain access to my banking account?

Other Answers: 8
mochadelicious
Community Member
Answered
in reply to hiramhawk

If you do decide to go forward with this transaction, be sure that the payment clears Paypal BEFORE you ship it.  If payment says pending hold off until it clears.

22shoes
Community Member
Answered
in reply to hiramhawk

DO NOT accept Paypal for items that you are not shipping via a service that will provide online viewable proof of delivery.  

And in this case...  online viewable proof of delivery WITH SIGNATURE, since the payment amount will be $250 or more.

cherokee_lodge
Community Member
Answered
in reply to hiramhawk

If his employer deposits his paychecks into his PayPal account, then he would have a balance.  Any payment made would just be deducted from that balance.  There is no reason that they need to do anything but pay through PayPal without needing any additional information.

I sell on other sites too, and have never had that kind of request.  Something just isn't right about that.

22shoes
Community Member
Answered
in reply to hiramhawk

The issue isn't them gaining access to either your Paypal account or bank account.

The issue is that you could lose both the money & the item you're selling.

recyclit123
Community Member
Answered
in reply to hiramhawk

My opinion only...B-)

This has the smell of a Scam...:smileyindifferent:

Wouldn't even consider it.

Proceed at your Own risk.:smileysurprised:

Does this make any sense.?

~♠~

"We have Allowed Our Nation to be Over-Taxed, Over-Regulated, and Over-Run by Bureaucrats. The Founders would be Ashamed of Us for what We are Putting Up with."

"When Government fears the People, there is Liberty. When the People fear the Government, there is Tyranny." - Thomas Jefferson

plpmr
Community Member
Answered
in reply to hiramhawk

As you are not selling via Ebay but another site it would be better asking there as their rules etc might be different and is the item you are selling covered by PayPal etc

usmc*usnmom
Community Member
Answered
in reply to hiramhawk

No.

All the buyer needs is your Paypal email address to send you money.

Just be SURE to CHECK your paypal account directly when you get paid. Do NOT depend on any "paypal payment email" you may receive, there are many fakes and scams done with fake payment emails.

Community Member
Answered
in reply to hiramhawk
Someone want to hack my PayPal acount mass.loko@yahoo.com pw.lokosexual33