eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop now
vasox
Community Member

Re: how do you deal with dishonest buyers??

in reply to sheltie63

I agree with Kansas and Honda 

Sound advise!!

Love OMA answer.

Was drinking water when I read it laughed at the same time and ....... you know!!!

Keeping with the funny I once read on the very discussion board How a seller ( no longer Registered)  dealt with it.

The seller ( no longer registered ) sold a very expensive item to a BBL buyer( no longer registered ) . 

The BBL buyer ( no longer registered ) did a charge back stating it was a illegal charge to their card or something like that.

The seller ( no longer registered ) fought with ebay and the BBL buyer ( no longer registered ) to get his item back or his money. Never saw either.

2 months later the seller ( no longer registered ) sent the BBL buyer ( no longer registered ) a post card stating  he won a free item for being a valuable customer if he would only return post card confirming address and name.

Once the seller ( no longer registered ) got the post card back confirming name and address made sure the BBL buyer( no longer registered )  got a legal notice to appear in court in his town 800 miles away.

Can you do this?

Yes 

If you want to put time and energy into it.

Would I go down that path?

No --- notice how I kept typing ( no longer registered )

Well lets just say the seller ( no longer registered ) sent the BBL Buyer ( no longer registered ) every magazine subscription he could find as well with a bill me later request as well. 

It got dirty and now I no longer hear from the seller ( no longer registered ) to find out if he got his item or money back:-(

Nobody calls me Lebowski. You got the wrong guy. I'm the Dude, man.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to sheltie63

Sheltie, 

I've been dealing with this myself for the first time. I sell 19th century photography. I had a cdv of a Civil War soldier that had been reprinted about 1870-1875, judging from the back of the cdv. Obviously, it's still nearly 150 years old. I showed pictures of this thing from all angles. This guy asked several questions, which I answered, and he wound up winning the auction in December. 

About three weeks later, I get a very insulting message saying that the picture was a FAKE, and that he believed I did not sell this with deception in mind, but that I was obviously ignorant. 

I simply said return it for a refund, plus I would refund his shipping. I didn't see the point of telling him he actually got himself quite a bargain. I went through PayPal and refunded everything that day. 

Yesterday, I got another letter from him saying where was his money and that he would contact Ebay if he did not hear from me. I looked at PayPal, and the money was never removed for the photo, just the shipping. I obviously screwed that up.

However, HE HAD THREE CASES PENDING FOR ME!!! Apparently every time he wrote me, he set up another case against me. I didn't know any of this was happening because we're down in the Florida at our beach house. My money was locked up, so I called Ebay, I refunded the money and it work this time. The woman asked if I want to bring a case against Mr. Nutjob. I said no. 

Take returns. Saves you trouble. Some people really don't know what to expect when they buy something, even if you supply 20 pictures. 

patty

Please use plain text.
bronx-dog
Community Member

in reply to sheltie63

mug was used and washed now has a chip

photo 2sgn086wow.gifTalk about a a new way to claim a SNAD.

The listing didn't say, "If you break it, it won't

be perfect anymore". Some buyers got balls. 

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to sheltie63

Got my first email with complaint.  Sent brand new mug, received feedback perfect just as described.  Several days later received notice that mug was used and washed now has a chip and wants her money back

Please use plain text.
hondamedic
Community Member

in reply to sheltie63

I don't Deal with them, hears how I Handle them:

1. Return for refund.

2. Refund after return

3. Add them to my Best Buddy List...

BBL: Blocked Bidder List... BIN: Buy It Now... BO: Best Offer... BR: Bid Retraction... DC: Delivery Confirmation

DSR: Detailed Seller Rating FB: Feedback FRB: Flat Rate Box FVF: Final Value Fee IPR: Immediate Payment Required

NARU: Not A Registered User OP: Original Poster OT: Off Topic PM: Priority Mail.... PS: Power Seller....

SNAD: Significantly Not As Described...... TRS: Top Rated Seller...... UIA: Unpaid Item Assistant..... UID: Unpaid Item Dispute
Please use plain text.
theguitarpartsguy
Community Member

in reply to sheltie63

:smileyhappy:

HAHAHAHA!  OMA, that's hilarious!

Please use plain text.
old_man_arthur
Community Member

in reply to sheltie63

Always remind annoying buyers...

and I have a LOT of free time! ]:smileyhappy:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Toy: Composite Acoustics Cargo;  photo 9585fb2a-9e02-45ac-9481-aed93ad0e7c7_zps771f6e0d.jpg
Please use plain text.
theguitarpartsguy
Community Member

in reply to sheltie63

Yep, Komo and Kansas_Gal06 are right.  I only take returns for 14 days, but taking returns and specifying refund only upon receipt of item back will stop the scammers 99% of the time.  They know they aren't going to get anything free from you that way.  Paypal has it arranged so if someone files a not as described claim, they will get their money back, regardless of if they are right or not.  However, if you have it set up so you take returns and you refund upon receiving the item back, Paypal will not release those funds to them until you get the item back.  If you don't take returns, Paypal will still take the side of the buyer and just refund them and let them keep your product.  Therefore, you are much, much better off taking returns.  Plus, it just gives you credibility with shoppers.

Please use plain text.
kansas_gal06
Community Member

in reply to sheltie63

I agree with komo - have your listings say you accept returns, buyer pays return shipping.

It will cut down on a lot of this.

Please use plain text.
komokwa
Community Member

in reply to sheltie63

1st , you have to redo your policy of No Returns....to Gladly Accept Returns for 30 days.

That will help keep the occasional scammer from your front door !

Who will save the river valley , that's my drinking water.! "Moxy Fruvous"
Please use plain text.
Community Member

how do you deal with dishonest buyers??

How do you deal with dishonest buyers?  I am a part time seller and decided to sell some stuff that is NEW never used and sold it with no refunds and 2 people have come back to me complaining. One was over gold earrings saying that backs were not on one pair and that they were not 14kt gold and I know they are and they were even on the card that they were bought on I just tore the price off the back of them and the other was a NEW never out of the box only opened to make sure everything was in there when I was asked if the charger was in there and then im told it dont work? what are they doing taking backs off earrings cause they need backs and or replacing their clairisonic with a new one to try and send me their old one back?

How do you deal with people like this? I have never had this happen when I sold things in the past as I describe everything just as it is. 

Please use plain text.