cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay fees are getting too expensive!!!

maddog1273
Adventurer
I just sold a few items and noticed eBay took 12% of my total....Plus PayPal (Who is owned by eBay) took another 3%......
This is ridiculous!!!!
http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/fees.html

Is there any way to get these fees lowered for future listings. Like starting a store OR am I doing something wrong????

Any suggestions would be appreciated.....
Message 1 of 438
latest reply
437 REPLIES 437

Re: eBay fees are getting too expensive!!!

mickey420xxx
Enthusiast
A lot of people use a posting ID.
Message 16 of 438
latest reply

A lot of people use a posting ID.

Hi, Mickey.... (betcha never heard this one before).

You might as well spit in the ocean. It does not make a difference. People have never heard of posting i.d.'s and they claim to be big time posters.I am not ragging on any one. It's just that it comes up so often.

Be cool Mickey.
Siggy 1
Message 17 of 438
latest reply

it shows the number of posts under one's avatar ....so i don't get what you mean.

Who will save the river valley , that's my drinking water.! "Moxy Fruvous"
Message 18 of 438
latest reply

it shows the number of posts under one's avatar ....so i don't get what you mean.

Komo, look at post #14, this thread. Posting ID's usually have 0 feedback so how dare these folks give advice?
Siggy 1
Message 19 of 438
latest reply

OK Dave , like you said they don't know people use posting ID's.

Message 20 of 438
latest reply

PS and they are smug !

Message 21 of 438
latest reply

crazymancreations
Enthusiast
No wonder you don't have a problem with the seller fee's, you've never sold anything

Was that Alfred E. Neuman talking or 'you'?

Message 22 of 438
latest reply

angelsmile8888
Enthusiast
Why do they use post ID,what's their aim?I feel now many ones bid on my items,but they never pay.
Message 23 of 438
latest reply

kris*scloset619
Enthusiast
Some people use posting IDs so they offend someone on the boards (some people take things the wrong way or get easily upset), that person won't retaliate by buying an item and leaving a neg. Yes, people can be that petty, it has happened.

Guess I'm living dangerously.
No Bad Days Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 24 of 438
latest reply

Some people use a posting ID to protect their selling IDs. On certain boards, not so much this one, if you tick off or disagree with a few certain people, they will interfere with your listings in some form or another.

I use a posting ID simply because I prefer to.
Message 25 of 438
latest reply

toby4y2w
Enthusiast
I can't agree more with the fees. We have sold on Ebay for a number of years. Mostly small one time items that range from industrial to collectibles. We are rated as a power seller, but only have 168 items listed. Our monthly bill went from under $30, including our store fees to $80 with the new fees. Stores do not get the 100 free auction style listings and for auctions started under $.99 the fees are 25 cents each!! Shoot - I'm not telling you anything you don't already know! I normally do not post on the discussion boards, but want to thank all of you! Your posts are very insightful! It does seem like Ebay is punishing the small sellers.

I do believe that one day there will be life without Ebay!! For now, I'm finding ways around all of those fees!!

Have a great day!
Message 26 of 438
latest reply

mickey420xxx
Enthusiast
I thought auctions starting .99 or less were .10 for stores, not .25.
Message 27 of 438
latest reply

They are .10 for stores. I just did a .99 because I thought it was free and was surprised to see the .10.
Message 28 of 438
latest reply

justmho
Enthusiast
I also got a shock when I received my invoice. I haven't sold anything recently so I wasn't aware of the fee "increases". I just sold an item on auction that closed at $365. PayPal hit me about $11.00 and the final value fee was around $35.00. 9%!! WOW!, Sure miss those good old days!
Message 29 of 438
latest reply

Same Here, except that I sold $178 in items, and when you take the listing fees, FVF, and paypal fees I lost close to $100! That is Ridiculous, they are penalizing the small seller. i've been selling here for 10+ years! they are getting too greedy, i have no more loyalty to them, i'm looking elsewhere, and when the competitor comes i'm switching. they aren't smart to alienate and upset their clients due to their greed, when someone comes up with a good competitor, there will be a mass exodus because they've exchanged our loyalty for a quick profit.
Message 30 of 438
latest reply